CDPR, Pls explain why i have 56% of blue Coins via 1k games?

+
CDPR, Pls explain why i have 56% of blue Coins via 1k games?

Hello!
I'm writing this post since im extremely mad of the fact that i can't achieve top100 in this games only because i have 56% to get blue coin and just 44% to get red due to my latest research of my last 1000 games.
1.5 month passed since i gave you perfect temporary solution for the coinflip here https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...y-solution-for-ladder-make-gwent-fair-for-all
Please, maybe i wrong or smth, but why can't you just make such a thing? It would solve the coinflip perfectly until you get full solution. Please, explain to me what's wrong with this? Why i have to play this unfair game and keep loosing to my opponents just cause i lowroll all the time before the game even started? Please, answer

Such a large discrepancy between losing and winning the flip is quite concerning when you consider the sample size to be this massive. For 100 games, maybe it would be acceptable to run a bit below EV but to constantly tun below EV after 1000 games is hard to accept.
It should level at 50% after this many games if it is truly a 50/50 purely random thing. Maybe it's not.

I am at 82% blue coin over the past few days, which is annoying when you are trying to reach rank 21; more so because my win rate on a red coin is close to 80%, while my win rate on the blue coin is barely above 50%. I understand that fixing the coin flip is a complex problem to solve. However, in the meantime, there could be a temporary solution that provides a step in the right direction to at least close the gap somewhat.

VladAtheris;n10559112 said:
Such a large discrepancy between losing and winning the flip is quite concerning when you consider the sample size to be this massive. For 100 games, maybe it would be acceptable to run a bit below EV but to constantly tun below EV after 1000 games is hard to accept.
It should level at 50% after this many games if it is truly a 50/50 purely random thing. Maybe it's not.

Well i can send you every page (rarely of which are has more red coins than blue) if you won't believe me. I took 600 (30 pages) for my main account and 400 (20 pages) for my smurf account.
In the post i added to the 1st message, i had 59% blue coins for a shorter period.
You know why is it happening?
Cause there are no solution made that most of the devs implemented into their games before. Dota2, LeagueOfLegends, CounterStrike and a lof of others games use Pseudorandom number generator.
Why can't CDPR use it as well? It will solve the problem, at least for time, make this game playable, unlike now.
Here is my up-to-date latest screen of 15-5 coinflip page

Maybe it takes into account the MMR of each player when it flips. That would be bullshit actually. Punishing you for stomping noobs. I'm definitely getting more blue coins than red, too. Now that I think about it.

I generally don't track these things but after the last patch i noticed my RNG changed considerably, one day i noticed that i was first most of the time so after that i tried to keep score for the next few days. The very next day i played 14 games out of which i was first 11 times, the next day i played only 8 games but was first 6 times, etc.

Overall my chance of going first is slightly over 75% for most of games i played this season. The thing is that it didn't used to be like this, i don't think i suddenly got unlucky just after the patch. So maybe CDPR is testing something that we get this numbers.

It really sucks to see so many blue coin, especially with some decks have some incredibly and frustrating opening play. I just wish if you get red coin you should receive more points for winning and lose less points for a lost. Plus, someway not be able to get back to back blue coin.

I do think there are some sneaky calculations going on. I took a few months break and came back like two months ago, grabbed my old wild hunt deck and jumped from 9 to 17 in one day with nothing but red coins. After that one day I started getting the blue coins back to back and it has stayed that way. I highly doubt it's just random 50/50.

So OP what will you tell me about this fact : Most ppl got legendary ratio in kegs like 5-7%. I don't have even half of that. And on 1k+ kegs sample. Two patches before i opened exactly 73 kegs streak w/o even getting 1 gold. And last patch i opened 70 kegs and getting 1 gold. And you are talking about what? 5% deviation from the average? Then what should i say with my deviation ten times bigger? :)

Seriously: we want to see action on the coin flip

It's a issue since the start of Gwent, it's been addressed "we are looking into the matter" since last year, yet we see no actions or experiments on previous patches and PTR.

No offense here but sometimes what Gwent develops think it's a good way to solve sth (*Cough ambush *cough merciless *cough) is REALLY BAD....so I say CDPR should actively do experiments in PTR or even official patches to test out different methods to solve coin flip issue, instead of discussing and debating in the development office and eventually come up with something that test few days in PTR and release it to the crowd and receive a horrible response.

Lyserus

Yes, the coin flip issue should have been solved by now, even if it would only have been a temporary solution. However, let's not make yet another thread about it, especially because it doesn't add anything new to the discussion; hence the merger.

4RM3D;n10562692 said:
Lyserus

Yes, the coin flip issue should have been solved by now, even if it would only have been a temporary solution. However, let's not make yet another thread about it, especially because it doesn't add anything new to the discussion; hence the merger.

Well this thread is not about solving the issue with difference in winrate with/without coin but about solving the problem with the fact that Coinflip is not working properly. If they add PSD, all players will have 50% on the coinflip even in short run, so this game will feel much more fair, unlike now, when some players lose 56% of the coins, and sone are win 56%

I hate to say it OP, but 56% is only a standard deviation or 0.497.... versus ideal 50/50 of 0.500.... that's within the 1% margin over your sample size of 1k

Void_Singer;n10590772 said:
I hate to say it OP, but 56% is only a standard deviation or 0.497.... versus ideal 50/50 of 0.500.... that's within the 1% margin over your sample size of 1k

Who cares about math, you could tell me a better argument - i summurized games from 2 accounts, which is not right to calculate real coinflip percentage for 1 survey. But thing is, this post is all about telling them that they have to balance coinflip, so this game will feel more fair. Do you think is right to play 999999999999999 games (more than you can play in ur life) to get perfect 50/50? It should be around 100-150 games to get perfect 50/50 for this game to be fair, that's why they have to implement fair coinflip.
And BTW - if i will play 10k or 100k games, my coinflip winrate will still not be even close to 50/50, it's all about luck, unless you manipulate with percentages.

Last edited:
Even if it is statistically not that impossible to get such a bad ratio, it shouldn't happen, because it massively effects the gameplay.
As important as coinflip is currently, a ratio as fair as possible for everyone should be included, which can be solved by pseudo random numbers.

what the problem of bluecoin? you have more counter play choices then enemy (if this is round 1) because you starts with same amount of cards, it only painfull on big card throws after 1st or second round, or people trying admits their loses so blaming bluecoin for nothing?

Top Bottom