CDPR response to PS4 frame rate

+
Here a digital foundry vid, showing a case of objects and NPCs pop-in suddenly on Ps4 vs XboxOne (no brigdge, red and white priest popped-in on Ps4 ecc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezYecVMGwIA.
Here' s a vid captured through Ps4 Share function with the same place showing how for someone the situation is completely different on Ps4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJhkQQukoE

This maybe should reassure us it's not a technical issue build up on poor hardware perfomance but just something in needing of optimization, maybe this is a case applicable also on framerate issues.
Let's hope they'll fix it soon.

oh wow you are starting to catch on :) ( YES the game needs optimization !!!) finally.

When you listen to many different complains and see people perceiving them in different ways you have only words on which lay your doubt, and it's just a matter of trust (with all the consequences, like accusing people of lying, as we saw...)
But when you have a vid of the same situation being so different from one user to another, then it's a certainty, and i wonder if this kind of inconstancy between performances is the reason why CDPR is struggling to put out a "Fix for all", because maybe it's have to be very difficult to trace a common origin of these issues...

When you listen to many different complains and see people perceiving them in different ways you have only words on which lay your doubt, and it's just a matter of trust (with all the consequences, like accusing people of lying, as we saw...)
But when you have a vid of the same situation being so different from one user to another, then it's a certainty, and i wonder if this kind of inconstancy between performances is the reason why CDPR is struggling to put out a "Fix for all", because maybe it's have to be very difficult to trace a common origin of these issues...

People are lying if they say nothing is wrong with the framerate on ps4 ( so let it go dude)

People are lying if they say nothing is wrong with the framerate on ps4 ( so let it go dude)
But as you saw with the vids i posted, someone may cry: "No bridge on Ps4, downgrade!" and another could say: "My version is fine", and both videos would give them a point, so no one can deny something is wrong, but maybe it's not wrong for everyone on the same level, and this maybe could make it more difficult to be assessed and so ironed out by CDPR.
Just wondering eh.

The more the time passes by, the more i'm getting accustomed to the idea i'll play it when other DLCs are out, for the time being the game will be really complete and hopefully patched in all it's sectors.
And maybe i'll have spent more working time on building a new brand Pc, with all ironed out in the end (we hope there will be an end to this situation) i think this game deserves the best hardware to play it on...

I just read the following text about next patches ...well I hope we will have this patch soon...might be better...I wish will be !!!

CD Projekt Red Community Manager Marcin Momot has shared The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.04 and 1.05 Partial Changelog. The list below are made based on the feed backs from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt players and these are the most requested changes. Going through the partial changelog below, the list include fixes for camera and performance issues.

"As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way" said Marcin Momot.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

Last edited:
But as you saw with the vids i posted, someone may cry: "No bridge on Ps4, downgrade!" and another could say: "My version is fine", and both videos would give them a point, so no one can deny something is wrong, but maybe it's not wrong for everyone on the same level, and this maybe could make it more difficult to be assessed and so ironed out by CDPR.
Just wondering eh.

The more the time passes by, the more i'm getting accustomed to the idea i'll play it when other DLCs are out, for the time being the game will be really complete and hopefully patched in all it's sectors.
And maybe i'll have spent more working time on building a new brand Pc, with all ironed out in the end (we hope there will be an end to this situation) i think this game deserves the best hardware to play it on...

Geber with how adamant you previously were in shouting down anyone who claimed to have performance problems it's now obvious that you've finally left the White Orchid starting area and are realizing the problems yourself.

Geber with how adamant you previously were in shouting down anyone who claimed to have performance problems it's now obvious that you've finally left the White Orchid starting area and are realizing the problems yourself.

HAHA it's so true !!!!! xD

No, you're wrong, if i'm getting used to the idea to wait and play it on Pc it's for a matter of many points, except the framerate:
1) Pc users are finding options in the code to activate a sort of Global Illumination, that aren't activable nowadays, along with many other options, they're there, but they won't function till...i don't know.
2) In september-october will be released DLC with much more hours of gameplay, and the rate of releasing patches it's getting a torturing dripping for me in order to get the most stable and visually good looking experience.
So i realized i'm wasting may time on hoping, complaining, waiting for something which probably won't be there very soon.

So what? Maybe i'll be rude or someone could call me a conspirationist, and i beg the pardon of CDPR since here if this speculation gets the tones of an insult, but i think the Pc code actually contains what initially the game had been programmed to be, but in order to obtain the more possible profit from console users, they released a version which is common in assets to all versions, then in an unpredictable period (like it was with GTA 5 next gen, which was annunced never would had get on next gen consoles) there will be an Enhanced Edition, the game will deliver not only the full course of gameplay thanks to DLC (and so the possibility to get higher levels), but also it will be, possibly, perfectly ironed out and, as the cherry on top, it will probably deliver a much more polished experience visual wise thanks to the activation of all the graphic options hiding in the code today.

So it isn't a problem of framerate, as i said and i repeat without shame, i'm absolutely fine with it on Ps4, just the stuttering is annoying, but for the rest i'm a bit tired of seeing topics crop up continually addressing issues with bugged quests, there isn't a minimum common denominator, it seems a complete mess, absolutely unrealiable, even on Pc.
So i think it's best to wait and see, my backlog is long and so it won't be a waste of time playing something else in the meantime, but it should be a waste of time coming here in angst every day hoping for an answer that could come in it's full form when all the hype is over cause of the stress accumulated in hoping, complaining, waiting.
Just this, nothing else, i think this game deserves a great hardware to be played at it's full potential, but it also needs a great amount of optimization, and i'm not intended to stay here waiting like a girl at her first crush for her loved one to nod a yes at her expectations, too tired and to old for this.

Again, sorry CDPR if it seems an act of distrust, i buyed the CE Edition in order to honor your effort, and i yet think you're worth of my attention and praise, good work and good luck, see you again maybe in september-october.

Last edited:
No, you're wrong, if i'm getting used to the idea to wait and play it on Pc it's for a matter of many points, except the framerate:
1) Pc users are finding options in the code to activate a sort of Global Illumination, that aren't activable nowadays, along with many other options, they're there, but they won't function till...i don't know.
2) In september-october will be released DLC with much more hours of gameplay, and the rate of releasing patches it's getting a torturing dripping for me in order to get the most stable and visually good looking experience.
So i realized i'm wasting may time on hoping, complaining, waiting for something which probably won't be there very soon.

So what? Maybe i'll be rude or someone could call me a conspirationist, and i beg the pardon of CDPR since here if this speculation gets the tones of an insult, but i think the Pc code actually contains what initially the game had been programmed to be, but in order to obtain the more possible profit from console users, they released a version which is common in assets to all versions, then in an unpredictable period (like it was with GTA 5 next gen, which was annunced never would had get on next gen consoles) there will be an Enhanced Edition, the game will deliver not only the full course of gameplay thanks to DLC (and so the possibility to get higher levels), but also it will be, possibly, perfectly ironed out and, as the cherry on top, it will probably deliver a much more polished experience visual wise thanks to the activation of all the graphic options hiding in the code today.

So it isn't a problem of framerate, as i said and i repeat without shame, i'm absolutely fine with it on Ps4, just the stuttering is annoying, but for the rest i'm a bit tired of seeing topics crop up continually addressing issues with bugged quests, there isn't a minimum common denominator, it seems a complete mess, absolutely unrealiable, even on Pc.
So i think it's best to wait and see, my backlog is long and so it won't be a waste of time playing something else in the meantime, but it should be a waste of time coming here in angst every day hoping for an answer that could come in it's full form when all the hype is over cause of the stress accumulated in hoping, complaining, waiting.
Just this, nothing else, i think this game deserves a great hardware to be played at it's full potential, but it also needs a great amount of optimization, and i'm not intended to stay here waiting like a girl at her first crush for her loved one to nod a yes at her expectations, too tired and to old for this.

Again, sorry CDPR if it seems an act of distrust, i buyed the CE Edition in order to honor your effort, and i yet think you're worth of my attention and praise, good work and good luck, see you again maybe in september-october.

Man you sure use a lot of words to convey such little meaning. Every single one of your posts is just regurgitated from the last one.

Let me sum up your points:

So many bugs and some people have bugs others don't..it must sure be hard to fix all these bugs!
Witcher 3 plays perfectly fine on my PS4 - and the stutter I see is in no way related to frame-rate!
Even so, I'm building a gaming PC so I can experience this game at 60fps!
i.e. "I have no idea what I'm talking about!"

Last edited:
Man you sure use a lot of words to convey such little meaning. Every single one of your posts is just regurgitated from the last one.

Let me sum up your points:

So many bugs and some people have bugs others don't..it must sure be hard to fix all these bugs!
Witcher 3 plays perfectly fine on my PS4 - and the stutter I see is in no way related to frame-rate!
Even so, I'm building a gaming PC so I can experience this game at 60fps!
i.e. "I have no idea what I'm talking about!"
You didn't understand a single word of mine, and just for clearness, i'm building a gaming Pc so I can experience not this mess of an unoptimized game (for every platform, even Pc), but what it'll be released further in all it's glory at a minimum of 30fps with all details to the maximum possible, i don't give a shit to 60fps.
And till this would be accomplished, hopefully they'll fix all the bugs afflict the game in a gamebreaking way. other than releasing DLC which adds more gameplay hours along with the possibility of getting higher on experience and levels.
Yes, stuttering is no way related to fps, otherwise they wouldn't fix camera stuttering with the incoming patch, and then announce they're working on the framerate issue separately.
Ah, don't give a shit if you don't understand my talking. Cheers

Last edited:
You didn't understand a single word of mine, and just for clearness, i'm building a gaming Pc so I can experience not this mess of an unoptimized game (for every platform, even Pc), but what it'll be released further in all it's glory at a minimum of 30fps with all details to the maximum possible, i don't give a shit to 60fps.
And till this would be accomplished, hopefully they'll fix all the bugs afflict the game in a gamebreaking way. other than releasing DLC which adds more gameplay hours along with the possibility of getting higher on experience and levels.
Yes, stuttering is no way related to fps, otherwise they wouldn't fix camera stuttering with the incoming patch, and then announce they're working on the framerate issue separately.
Ah, don't give a shit if you don't understand my talking. Cheers

I understand you perfectly fine - was just pointing out your faults of logic of which there are many. For instance now you are finally admitting "this mess of an unoptimized game" and yet just a few days ago you were trying to convince us the performance faults were our imagination and to stop asking the devs to look into it. You wanted the devs to only look at the "bugs" as they apparently couldn't do two things at the same time. Already forgotten? Want me to dig them up and prove you said these things? lol

The game runs like shit 80% of the time. Patches need to fix, and not at the cost of graphics and visuals. That's not optimizing, that's being lazy.

/thread

I understand you perfectly fine - was just pointing out your faults of logic of which there are many. For instance now you are finally admitting "this mess of an unoptimized game" and yet just a few days ago you were trying to convince us the performance faults were our imagination and to stop asking the devs to look into it. You wanted the devs to only look at the "bugs" as they apparently couldn't do two things at the same time. Already forgotten? Want me to dig them up and prove you said these things? lol
Yeah please, dig it and prove that i ever said the performance issue was your imagination, and not that was just exagerated with a whining, general and not specifically your, often pointed at downgrading the visuals in order to obtain a stable 30fps. When i talk about "unoptimized game" i'm talking, again because my poor logic seems to put it in a misunderstundable way, about bugs. B-U-G-S, about textures not loading, about NPCs and objects spawning like a Star Trek teleport, flying corpes, two headed horses, infinite loading times, corrupted savefiles, gamebreaking interactions (ledges not climbable, doors locked forever), about XP not gained, keys or card not dropped, missing music, squares full of sounds of people but deserted, shadows and textures forming like it was Geralt building them with it's run-paced breath. Not about your, sorry, fucking framerate i don't give a shit in front of 1 thousand more things gone completely wrong.
That's it, now study and repeat till it's fluent like a 120fps game. Farewell.

Last edited:
People act like it's unplayable I had no issue with FPS during gameplay just cutscenes. I have issue with the shadow and pop in effects that are crappier with 1.03. I'm still enjoying the game but in Novigard those issues can be pretty annoying during daytime.

People act like it's unplayable I had no issue with FPS during gameplay just cutscenes. I have issue with the shadow and pop in effects that are crappier with 1.03. I'm still enjoying the game but in Novigard those issues can be pretty annoying during daytime.

Hope you are covered in flame repellent, saying you aren't having fps issues is not welcomed in these parts. lol

---------- Updated at 02:25 AM ----------

But I totally agree with you Plasma, the game plays just fine for me. I am 100% content with it and if CDPR didn't change a thing I would still be playing it. If they want to stop playing it because they imagine things or saw some video of 20 fps dips, let them for all I care. Doesn't bother me! :D

Hope you are covered in flame repellent, saying you aren't having fps issues is not welcomed in these parts. lol

---------- Updated at 02:25 AM ----------

But I totally agree with you Plasma, the game plays just fine for me. I am 100% content with it and if CDPR didn't change a thing I would still be playing it. If they want to stop playing it because they imagine things or saw some video of 20 fps dips, let them for all I care. Doesn't bother me! :D

What a kissa$$.

I have issue with the shadow and pop in effects that are crappier with 1.03.
Not only that: also there is a less numers of NPCs after patch 1.03. Novigrad and Oxenfurt looks like a ghost towns now. And i don't understand, why CDPR (Marcin) is ignoring all questions about this problems. We payed money for the game, we have a rights to know the truth: is it bugs and it will be fixed or this is the "optimization" by CDPR.

Top Bottom