CDPR share value drops 75%

+
I did see the potential too, thats what made it so much worse for me. It felt like a wasted opportunity sadly.
I don't really consider it as wasted opportunity.

It's more like the game was 2-4 years ahead of it's time, technology wise. The graphics were pretty much on par or higher than when the game was teased, a lot of technologies to just limit vision and making so many obstacles appear and disappear at once. This coming out from a studio who mainly was stuck in 2D worlds in 3D space is a massive jump, that added with all sorts of verticality of map. Trains, AV's flying around, commercial AV's, events etc. The game wasn't ready to be shipped in it's full original vision and had to be downscaled.

I'm sure this is true for any company. If GTA 4 had budget of GTA 5, I'm sure they too would have all sorts of minigames and competitions and online mode.

In start when they were making the project, there was no idea how many copies were going to be sold. Preorders could always be cancelled and could easily indicate size of 80% of buyers if it's from a new studio with special type of franchise.

And even if you double the staff and make everything perfect, that wouldn't probably impress too many people. I've heard many say for example that the driving had something seriously wrong in it, but I never had problems, and I was playing with keyboard and mouse (aside few vehicles that were really slippery), people just expected this arcade-style driving from GTA I guess and nothing else was acceptable, no matter how realistic it would be.

There is this wierd juxtapose where people want companies to try something new and innovative, make games more realistic, make action difficult and deadly. And then when they get exactly that they whine and complain because they come into that moment with skepticism.

Co-incidently this is the same type of behavior that destroys relationships. Overly skeptic toward others, always on your toes, being unable to accept own faults and lack of openness. You can see people in YouTube prior to launch who were like these hyped teenage girls who just met new boyfriend, and "OH HE'S SO AMAZING, LOOK AT THOSE MUSCLES. HE BOUGHT ME FLOWERS FIRST DATE, REAL LOVE", and then it turns out he doesn't have a job to keep giving you those gifts, or was just using you for short term gains, that he has severe trauma that makes it harder to enjoy being with someone or trust.

[Sard Edit: Yes, let's not go here thanks.]

Going back to the topic (because I think I'm still justified on saying these things as they are somewhat related), I don't think there was this unmet expectation in the vast amount of people who actually bought the game and didn't refund it the first 1 hour of playing it.

It's the same thing with Warcraft 3 reforged that I've seen where the user score is like "0.6" and then you watch the reviews, EVEN from this year, where all the performance issues have been solved and you get "Very sad for such an amazing old game. The have completely ruin the title." as messages from 2022 reviews. How are you SURPRISED by what you get? And how is that still not working for you?

[Sard Edit: Let's not generalize to that degree, thanks.]

If Cyberpunk's expansion will "land" and people are actually hyped about it, that's GOING to change a lot of minds about the game. "Oh they DO CARE ABOUT THEIR CONSUMERS! THANK YOU CDPR! YOU'VE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB RENEWING THE GAME" is what they're going to be saying.

People just act angry because others tell them to. I've seen this happen so many times, in both media and relationships. You get into bad group of people who you think are your friends, and they poison your mind with lies and doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more like the game was 2-4 years ahead of it's time, technology wise. The graphics were pretty much on par or higher than when the game was teased, a lot of technologies to just limit vision and making so many obstacles appear and disappear at once. This coming out from a studio who mainly was stuck in 2D worlds in 3D space is a massive jump, that added with all sorts of verticality of map. Trains, AV's flying around, commercial AV's, events etc. The game wasn't ready to be shipped in it's full original vision and had to be downscaled.
This is probably true, the scope was probably too big for it too be made like i wanted too have it. I often se the talk about verticality and i really dont get what people are talking about. It doesnt feel vertical in most cases for me at all. You spend 99% of the time on ground level anyways. It doesnt really have an effect on how i play except for exploration possibly and most of the time you dont find anything up high anyways. Most buildings are just empty and your not able to enter them. I know they could not possibly make them all entereble but. i just dont get this line of reasoning.
If Cyberpunk's expansion will "land" and people are actually hyped about it, that's GOING to change a lot of minds about the game. "Oh they DO CARE ABOUT THEIR CONSUMERS! THANK YOU CDPR! YOU'VE DONE A FANTASTIC JOB RENEWING THE GAME" is what they're going to be saying.

People just act angry because others tell them to. I've seen this happen so many times, in both media and relationships. You get into bad group of people who you think are your friends, and they poison your mind with lies and doubt.
That might happend. Most people ive seen have been fairly fair in there criticisms of the game tho. i have a feeling most wont change there minds that easily but i might be wrong. Also theres some thats just hating, kinda common on the interwebs nowdays.

I dont really agree with the others there, i can only go by the way i myself deal with it. Im not exactly angry about it anymore its more acceptance that the game just isent for me. i generaly play single player RPGs with "branching storys" and choices. this game is way too linear too be a favorite for me. Is it a bad game? not really, it just isent as good for me as i thought it would be.

I tend too watch reviews of games before i buy them but this time i was sure i would like it and i pre ordered it as soon as it became availeble. I did not watch all the hype but saw some of the night city streams and so on. Also on the first night of playing i kinda restarted after the heist since i was sure i missed something that would make me able too change the outcome. Replaying the start was kinda a wakeup too how on rails the game was. The Point of no return was also a giant red flag for me... I never like it when thats in a game.

Like i said i can just say what i myself feel about it but i probably wont buy the expansion (atleast not at full price) since im already kinda tired of the game. But im sure it will probably sell well. If it will "save" the game and company tho... im kinda skeptical.

Also as a side note: Remember how much gaming media has trashed EA for their anti-consumer practices? And then they release Fallen Order, which then turns out has surpassed 20 million in sales, and this is old statistic from 1 year ago.
That's not strictly true. Respawn announced, that player count surpassed 20 mln., which includes different subscription services and does not translate directly into actual sales.
It's the same thing with Warcraft 3 reforged that I've seen where the user score is like "0.6" and then you watch the reviews, EVEN from this year, where all the performance issues have been solved and you get "Very sad for such an amazing old game. The have completely ruin the title." as messages from 2022 reviews. How are you SURPRISED by what you get? And how is that still not working for you?
From what I remember, there were more issues with Reforged than just performance - for example, the game was advertised as having 4+ hours of new reworked in-game cutscenes. They even showed this beautiful cinematic of Arthas discussing the Purge of Stratholme and were heavily implying that other cutscenes would look the same. Needless to say, that failed to materialize.
Not only that, but there were other missing features from the original Warcraft 3 and to top it all of, the vanilla version was not only revoked from stores, but from players libraries as well! Blizzard went as far as to take away the game from people, who already bought it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom