CDPR Should do Game of Thrones

+
Are we still discussing whether CDPR should do GoT, or are we discussing the show and what we think of people?

Forum veteran
I watched a video of that once. It was... well, amusing and not in the best of ways.
Are you sure you're thinking of that game and not A Game of Thrones: Genesis? The latter was developed by the same studio a year earlier than the RPG and appears to be universally hated.

Not that the RPG is perfect or anything—at a few points I had NPCs hovering around like they were standing on a Roomba while they threatened my characters, which undercut the gravitas of the situation somewhat—but the story ties well into the lore and arguably has a more earned and tone-appropriate climax than the show itself. Also, the texture work isn't great, even for a 2012 AA game, but everyone has weirdly elaborate teeth. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, but it's 100% true.

teeth.jpg

Are you sure you're thinking of that game and not A Game of Thrones: Genesis? The latter was developed by the same studio a year earlier than the RPG and appears to be universally hated.

Not that the RPG is perfect or anything—at a few points I had NPCs hovering around like they were standing on a Roomba while they threatened my characters, which undercut the gravitas of the situation somewhat—but the story ties well into the lore and arguably has a more earned and tone-appropriate climax than the show itself. Also, the texture work isn't great, even for a 2012 AA game, but everyone has weirdly elaborate teeth. I don't know why I'm mentioning that, but it's 100% true.

I really liked the RPG, with a story befitting the books/show. It's truly an underrated game. Granted, the combat system might put a lot of people off (KoTOR style) but to me, that's not what the game is about.

P.S. Actually the whole experience reminded me of KoTOR.. weird right? Not as much as you may think.

Surprisingly, I've managed to miss the entire phenomenon which has been Game of Thrones. Despite recommendations from friends, I never got round to the books, and, despite similar recommendations, what little I saw about the series failed to awake my interest -- quite a lot of shouting, brooding, disrobing, and violence. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, I've managed to miss the entire phenomenon which has been Game of Thrones. Despite recommendations from friends, I never got round to the books, and, despite similar recommendations, what little I saw about the series failed to awake my interest -- quite a lot of shouting, brooding, disrobing, and violence. Oh, well.

They are pulling quite nice numbers, read yesterday that first episode was pirated 54 mill time in 24 hour. ES TV-show could be so sweet after this, great thing for the brand, especially ESO and ES6 is coming in next years.

Top Bottom