CDPR Should do Game of Thrones

+
I would love to see CDPR do a old WOD style game that allowed you to choose your character (vampire, mage, werewolf, etc), but use the OLD STYLE wod books up to when the OWOD ended,NOT the new toned down politically correct continued old and new books that are made now. Using the amazing Vampire the masquerade:bloodlines as a springboard for ideas.

I think Tabletop RPG's are the best solution, they give flexability to do what you want while at the same time have a whole universe of lore and setting to work with.

Other IPS I would LOVE to see CDPR do

Fallout (only if bethesda has a hands off aproach and CDPR pretends nothing came out after fallout 2)
Shadowrun
Pathfinder
Ravenloft
Plansecape setting (would love an actual sequel to planescape torment in the planescape setting and not just a "spiritual successor" marketing BS)

Outside that I would love to see some games that cover these themes

Mystery
Horror

you do realize that the Witcher is a derivative of every fantasy out there including the "GoT" books.

That's a very bold claim. In this sense everything is a derivative of something else. However you are factually wrong. First Witcher book was made in 1992. First Song of Ice and Fire book was made in 1996.

That's a very bold claim. In this sense everything is a derivative of something else. However you are factually wrong. First Witcher book was made in 1992. First Song of Ice and Fire book was made in 1996.

well every fantasy media is a derivative of JRR Tolkiens books.

---------- Updated at 10:13 PM ----------

Would love to see CDPR do Blade Runner.

not sure if serious or troll. but funny.

Ugh, there's so much wrong with this tread I don't know where to start.

@xxTotexx

Game of Thrones isn't just a television series, it is based on a series of novels called the Song of Ice and Fire series.

@animalfather

As others have pointed out, Sapkowski published his earliest works in the Witcher universe way back in 1986, so the claim that he cribbed heavily from George R. R. Martin just doesn't hold weight.

Furthermore, "every fantasy media" is not a derivative of Tolkien's books. I see more similarities between Sapkowski and the Brothers Grimm than I do Tolkien. The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind shares very little in common with The Lord of The Rings, and Raymond E. Feist's Kelewan novels are modeled after feudal Japan. Tolkien didn't invent the concept of magic, nor was he the first person to write an epic tale on the confrontation between good and evil. He himself had recourse to many different mythologies including Germanic works like Beowulf, and his personal faith heavily informed his literature. Every good author writes what he knows, and since Tolkien was a Catholic philologist specializing in Germanic literature, he wrote a fantasy series that was inspired by that.

There are books out there which discuss the early years of the genre and many of the different authors - besides Tolkien - who contributed to the field. You might want to try Literary Swordsmen and Sorcerers: the Makers of Heroic Fantasy.

no god , please no

cyseal

Marcin Iwinski said in Gamespot interview they want to have complete freedom over some possible franchise. With GOT they won't have that.

offtopic

liiiike an obnoxious cole phelps?
liiike a pointless and void sanbox?
:)
beside that, i liked the general idea, and the setting, but storywise: horrible. what a waste lAnoire

Yeah and tbh It took me forever to get a perfect detective score.XD

Marcin Iwinski said in Gamespot interview they want to have complete freedom over some possible franchise. With GOT they won't have that.

They don't have such freedom with 20778 as well. Mike Pondsmith keeps CDPR on a rather decent leash so they can't go to crazy with the game.

Uh, You have a source for that? CDPR have full creative control as far as I know, just as they did with the Witcher series.

Last edited:

cyseal

They don't have such freedom with 20778 as well. Mike Pondsmith keeps CDPR on a rather decent leash so they can't go to crazy with the game.
They don't have full creative freedom with 20778 but they have with 2077. ;)

Yeah, I agree with @Dragonbird. Unless I see a source for this, I am going to go ahead and say you are incorrect.

CDPR bought the license to exclusively make games for the Witcher franchise, with complete creative control. That's why they were able to take whatever liberties they wanted with the franchise, including bringing Geralt back from the dead. I'm pretty sure that they would have made a similar arrangement with Pondsmith, who incidentally is less well known than Sapkowski and doesn't have a literary corpus spanning decades to draw from.

Top Bottom