CDPR Should do Game of Thrones

+
CDPR Should do Game of Thrones

Same style as Witcher 3 but in the GoT Univerise you could be one of Stannis men when he first invaded black bay in season 2 or something.

If they did it, they should probably base it around the books. Not because I don't like the series, I love it and it's the only contact that I've had with it all so far, but because in the extremely unlikely scenario that they made it it would be in a rather far future and by that time the series would probably have declined in popularity a lot, if not finished (who knows if before the books do), but because for some reason a game licensed from the books gives me more hopes that there would be less interference. It seems like the existing CRPG had some interesting ideas at character creation like the positive and negative qualities, but it was probably too rushed and that's why it turned out to be quite shit.

Would they have to adapt the existing ASOIF game? Some concepts of it sound quite interesting, like the diplomacy or, especially, creating your own noble house.

But It's probably not going to happen.

I've been toying with the idea of writing some kind of Cyberpunk fanfiction of GoT but I never get down to doing it.

The title would be of course: A Song of Black Ice and Firewalls. Every house would be a corporation and Daenerys would be given to a band of wasteland nomads that ride bikes and, instead of dragon eggs, she would be given access to some kind of AIs or maybe some really nasty viruses. The Night's Watch would be a bunch of security hackers or something like that.

Some of us do not care for degenerate television shows :facepalm2:

The team at CDPR are more creative than that

Last edited:
Some of us to not care for degenerate television shows :facepalm2:

The team at CDPR are more creative than that

I'm just gonna say I do like Game Of Thrones butttttt I really hope they don't drag this like some other TV shows *cough* Supernatural *cough*

I would really hate for them to do something like that. It's too limiting in terms of the story. You stray too far from the books, and you get criticised. You follow the books, and it's predictable. And if all you're doing is taking the book-world as a backdrop, then it's too close to The Witcher.

If they're doing medieval fantasy, I'd prefer them to stick to the Witcher world. If they're doing something new, I'd prefer it to be completely new.

I'd actually prefer Supernatural :)

(Or at least modern-world fantasy/magic, but with their own world rather than one that's already been done)

I would really hate for them to do something like that. It's too limiting in terms of the story. You stray too far from the books, and you get criticised. You follow the books, and it's predictable. And if all you're doing is taking the book-world as a backdrop, then it's too close to The Witcher.

If they're doing medieval fantasy, I'd prefer them to stick to the Witcher world. If they're doing something new, I'd prefer it to be completely new.

I'd actually prefer Supernatural :)

(Or at least modern-world fantasy/magic, but with their own world rather than one that's already been done)

The closest games I can think of that appeal to Supernatural is The Secret World and Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines.

I'd love CDPR to work on the Call of Cthulhu adaptation.
They have a nice taste for monster design, I'm sure they could make something amazing out of it.

Tho, my wet dream would be a Delta Green game by them, so much things to do with this.
Monsters, aliens, conspiracy, etc... All of this in a modern setting.

Or an original game in that vein would just be awesome.

Last edited:
I'd like that.

Anyone liked that Cthulhu game Bethesda made?

For me nah cause of the stealth mechanics.

I know Cyanide Studios is making one but Idk exactly what version I like the best.

I think they're trying to make it into an investigative action RPG?

I don't find A Song of Ice and Fire to be a particularity good example of fantasy series. Something just doesn't click (for me) there. So personally I wouldn't want CDPR to work on that. Creating something new on their own - that can be interesting.

I don't know the Bethesda one. But I'd prefer it if they stick to straight RPG - Explore, talk, story, kill things. Not necessarily in that order.

I remember Call Of Cthulhu is like D&D and you get a band of people to fight supernatural horrors in the 1920s/1930s?

Pretty good from what I've seen on YT.;)

Doing an adaption of the show/books won't work well. There are to many limits. Either you have to stay in these strict borders and the game end up in an linear action RPG or the story get altered to much.

But I ASOIAF has a pretty deep lore, so there could be done a lot in the past of the actual story. Like in the times of Valyria.

Think I'd rather see CDPR do an original title (that's not fantasy or medieval anything) than see them cobbling over other peoples franchises.

What I wonder is if the partnership with R. Talsorian will go further than Cyberpunk in videogame form and The Witcher in PnP form. Will we ever have a Mekton or Castle Falkenstein videogame?

I'd much rather see CDPR develop their own intellectual property and experiment within the RPG space, but if I had to choose another fantasy series for CDPR to adapt, it would probably be Raymond Feist's Kelewan books. While firmly within the realm of fantasy, the world is more reminiscent of feudal Japan. If they're going to do another dark, gritty fantasy RPG set within a fictional medieval Europe, they might as well just stick with the Witcher and Sapkowski's universe. Between the novels, the TellTale series, and the TV show, I also feel like Game of Thrones has been done to death at this point.

Top Bottom