CDPR should make a new cow farming "fix" every patch since people are now using the fix as an exploit itself

+
Next patch, Yennefer will appear and kick Geralt's butt for wasting time killing cows instead of doing her bidding. :p

It is a single player game, if someone cheats, it is his choice and it doesn't matter.
A game is basically a collection of rules; get 1 skill point a level, so many XP to level up, need to be level 20 to equip this thing, this spell does X-Y damage, etc etc. The thing is, if it's a board game the rules are in the rulebook and the players need to enforce them themselves. In a videogame, though, the software itself is the rules. It doesn't need a player to enforce them, it enforces them itself. If someone wants to break the rules of a board game, they just choose to not enforce them. It's not the same in a videogame since the rules are enforced by the game itself. If a videogame works badly and can't enforce its own rules, as intended by the developers, then that's like the rulebook itself stating the wrong rules, not like a player simply choosing to ignore them.

tl;dr: So a videogame fix is equivalent to correcting errors in a rulebook, and I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Besides, this whole "it's a single-player game so cheating is okay" mentality is pretty weird. I mean, sure it's "okay" - it's not illegal or anything - but it's pretty pathetic. If anything, it makes more sense to cheat at something actually competitive. Cheating to get a gold medal in the 100m race at the Olympics is morally wrong but it makes sense that some people would do it. Cheating at a single-player game is like timing yourself to run 100m on your own, taking 4 minutes, then changing your time to 3 seconds and getting really happy that you ran so fast. Sure, you're free to do that but don't complain when others find out and think it's pathetic.

There was imho no need at all to "fix" this in the first place. An exploit in a SP only game is no issue at all so I don't see the point.

I mean, it's funny yes. But I wonder if the resources and manpower at CDPR couldn't have been used for something more important...

I can't imagine this took more than a few minutes of developers time, and it clearly meant to be humorous.

Cheating can actually increase the fun. I cheated in a lot of RPGs back in the days to get more spells for example and I don't even see farming that Chort being a cheat. The AI seems to be broken is all and yeah, they probably should fix that.

gold is pointless in the game anyway , even more so later . u get so much of it , u dont know what to do with it

I disagree strongly with that. Exploits, in single player games, don't matter much. It's up to the player to decide if to exploit certain parts of the game or not. It's not like there's PVP balance to consider, no one gets hurt by said exploit. If you want to use it, be my guest. I'm more of a purist :)

I disagree strongly with that. Exploits, in single player games, don't matter much. It's up to the player to decide if to exploit certain parts of the game or not. It's not like there's PVP balance to consider, no one gets hurt by said exploit. If you want to use it, be my guest. I'm more of a purist :)
I totally agree with you. In a SP game, it mounts to nothing. I have no idea what is really went behind the dev's mind chosen to fix it. Is it to poke some funs into it or is it "it's my game and you play it the way I wanted you to play it"?
If it's just a poking fun, then it's cool and should leave it that way.
If it's the statement of the game developer then no matter what you tried, people will find way to make another statement and it becomes spitting into the wind for both. And it will escalate to BS. Wasting time while there are pressing concern like the inventory management system.
I shake my head every time I used the inventory system. What's a kindergarten level of design.

I totally agree with you. In a SP game, it mounts to nothing. I have no idea what is really went behind the dev's mind chosen to fix it. Is it to poke some funs into it or is it "it's my game and you play it the way I wanted you to play it"?
If it's just a poking fun, then it's cool and should leave it that way.
If it's the statement of the game developer then no matter what you tried, people will find way to make another statement and it becomes spitting into the wind for both. And it will escalate to BS. Wasting time while there are pressing concern like the inventory management system.
I shake my head every time I used the inventory system. What's a kindergarten level of design.

I think the "fix" was awesome really, atleast, this kind of troll fix. I assume they intentionally made it doable on higher levels, not sure about the loot though :p
A touch of trolling like this is a nice and fun addition to the game, in my opinion. Also, I'm not really sure about the wasting time part, it doesnt sound like a time waster really. I know absolutely nothing about programming, but I'd assume it's just counting how many cows were killed and spawning a monster in the game.

I do agree about the fact that there are some quality of life issues I hope will be adressed soon, especially including the inventory, and since 1.05, the "you already have that item" bug with mutagens.

gold is pointless in the game anyway , even more so later . u get so much of it , u dont know what to do with it

yeah.. the quest & loot provide more than enough gold ... especially if you find some dimeritum ingots & plates in some sacks :D ...
:D ( Found a big dimeritium ingot in a burned down village , where everyone was starving ... if they knew they could sell this ingot for the mass amount of gold no one would have to starve :D .. well I took it ,sold a few , so I had a few thousand coins in no time ;) ... I like to spend those coin on runes for swords ... other than I see no use for having mass amounts of coin....

Instead of that particular monster they should spawn a level 50 Foglet and spawn fog all over the small town. Oh, and give it health regen too.

There was imho no need at all to "fix" this in the first place. An exploit in a SP only game is no issue at all so I don't see the point.

I mean, it's funny yes. But I wonder if the resources and manpower at CDPR couldn't have been used for something more important...

This is not true. An exploit in Single player is an issue in that it breaks the game's balance. The developers have a vision for the game and SP exploits can ruin the vision they have for the game. Also achievements are something that is suppose to signify completing various aspects of the game based on the intended balance of the game an exploit can trivialize some of these achievements. And achievements are by design intended to be something that are shared and compared. yet when someone uses an exploit they are not comparing on an even playing field.

What an exploit isn't is cheating as you are not using an advantage to hurt an other player's in game experience but that doesn't mean exploits are therefore harmless.

How important balance is to a developer and how detrimental to balance a given exploit is will dictate to them how much effort they put into fixing it. But it is hardly a waste of time and resources.

What an exploit isn't is cheating as you are not using an advantage to hurt an other player's in game experience but that doesn't mean exploits are therefore harmless.
An exploit like that and a simple cheat is exactly the same thing in the end...

Things like that existed like forever in gaming and nobody complained. Again, nobody forces you to use that glitch. If you want to ruin your own balance it's up to you.

And achievements? Really? What for? For having much money? Pretty pointless achievement anyway and not one worth having. I don't even know if such an achievement exists for TW3. I hope not.

An exploit like that and a simple cheat is exactly the same thing in the end...

Things like that existed like forever in gaming and nobody complained. Again, nobody forces you to use that glitch. If you want to ruin your own balance it's up to you.

And achievements? Really? What for? For having much money? Pretty pointless achievement anyway and not one worth having. I don't even know if such an achievement exists for TW3. I hope not.

Yeah lets not [Sard Edit: MAKE THIS INTO SOME KIND OF FLAME WAR OR CAPITALIZED QUASI SHOUTING MATCH.

Because that's boring.

Chill out a bit, Goth. If you think someone isn't addressing your argument, either re-address it or let it go. Don't start arguing over the arguing. Not. Constructive.

I have replaced the words that -used- to be here with a HAPPIER THING! So adorable. Lookit them hug.]

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we stop that Chort spawning ? That beast killed villagers too. Even if I leave the village somewhere far away and go back, that chort is still there, and keep spawning if killed.

Stop your god damn whining. This was probably the best (and most fun) fix I've ever seen for any game.
Ever.

Top Bottom