CDPR situation - Open letter

+
Yeah but that didn't answered my question. Do people have the right to complain? Yes or no?
I believe the approach required is a level of decorum, If people feel heated during a debate around this game just take 5 and go back to the topic with a cool head, 👍

1612477862615.png

I think people need to come to grips with the fact that much like the Bioware of the KOTOR and OG Dragon Age days, the CDPR we all came to know during the development of the Witcher series no longer exists. I'm not angry, I don't feel betrayed, I've just come to accept it as a sad reality which befalls pretty much every studio once it reaches a certain size or notoriety.

Up until now CDPR felt like the last AAA studio that had a chance at breaking this cycle. Fortunately over the last several years a lot of smaller developers have really started to rock the boat and some pretty cool stuff is happening.

Having played the likes of Skyrim and Vampire Bloodlines (we know what happened to Troika) im used to playing buggy unfinished games. Now i believe CDPR can pull the finger out and finish what could potentially be a good game that they rushed a out a year early.

Seriously though some of the gameplay mechanics they have rushed out and screwed up have been around for over a decade and a half. Time they learned a few tricks off the Devs in Rockstar and Bethesda.

Im hoping that whats happening with Cyberpunk will be a lesson to other Game producers not to rush out unfinished product as these games should be betaed before going to market.

We the consumers shouldnt have an inferior product ruin our experience of what could be a good game 1-2 years down line..

I'm sorry but you do realize that they lied about lot of stuff, right ? ( not to mention other "scummy" stuff, I just don't even the will to write a very long post ) If your only reply is "Tastes differ" then do not waste time writing back to me because I do not think we will ever achieve a common discussion ground and I'm glad of that because I don't want to be a part of the industry problem now. Also, It was nice of you to basically ignore my post and only quote that little part, ignoring the problems won't make them go away though.
You say you didn't like Witcher 3 or at least didn't see a masterpiece that many people do, that's what u meant with tastes differ. Similar to Cyberpunk, it seems you do not enjoy it as much to see beyond all the minor bugs (or Huge, but I am talking from my own perspective i guess).

About the features, i didn't follow the hype because I don't since Fable. Yet i looked back on it just curious what all the complaining people are talking about.

Guess what, for me the game is better then it looked on trailers. I wouldn't like the wall climbing feature. I understand their choice with first person view and it kinda grew on me, i like it even if i usually play games from 3rd perspective if allowed. The city is full of life IMHO, it's sad that NPCs can't be interactive as one would want but hey... Never seen any game done that except childish versions like Sims. Skyrim, witcher 3, GTA, no interactions with random people at any serious level. Cops could be better yes, i agree i hope they will with parches. meaningful choices are there for me, to choose if someone is to live or die and then turns if events afterwards... That's meaningful choices IMHO. Not sure what type of choices people want more?

Everything else is pretty much gaming journalists who blew up things actually manipulating dev words so the article would get more views. Great example below:

Dev say that it's night city and here the corporations rule, the cops are often bribed and take side with corporations. Journalists turns it into "Player can bribe the cops!"

So all talk about lies, i don't see it the same way at all. Some stuff was cut with a pushed release, i understand that it might have been the way and I hope they will add some stuff like said in the first post. Remember that they promised that this was last delay, hence they had no choice because their word for them seems important.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah but that didn't answered my question. Do people have the right to complain? Yes or no?
The world isn't black and white, nothing is yes or no.

Saying "this game sucks it's worthless shit" is not a complain it's just a rant.

Saying "i wish cops actually chased the player in their cars if player is wanted" is a complain and constructive criticism.

Hello!

Cyberpunk is on lips of everyone and everywhere, everyone knows about it, it's like mario in terms of renown. A lot of negativity also, many articles say it's the most disastrous launch ever and new videos every day showing bugs and claiming the game is broken.

"When everyone talks shit about you, it means you have influence, it's up to you what to do with it." My own quote.

You have influence on the whole gaming word in your grasp, all eyes are on you. Not only that, I believe that your game can influence the world even beyond the gaming world, maybe not as far as politics but fashion for example. Every step is watched by many millions of people. You are the one pulling the strings.

"Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody... or go down for all times in a blaze of glory?" your own quote.

To come out on top you will however need to do more then just patches, you will need to add features, make better ai (hell, do it better then any game before, you can!), Rework some stuff maybe even from 0. Do this before DLC. This is your chance to become maybe the greatest game studio ever, to change the world. Most likely, no other game you make, maybe ever, will have such impact and attention as you got with this one.

The control is yours, take the pen and write your name in the history. The future is in your grasp.

I wish you luck and thanks for a great game.

Jakub

I have a quote too.

No Future, Its from Cyberpunk...

Dont want to be overly negative, but as time passes by and its been 3 months since launch. I saw 0 progress with the games core issues from my point of view.

Hello!

Cyberpunk is on lips of everyone and everywhere, everyone knows about it, it's like mario in terms of renown. A lot of negativity also, many articles say it's the most disastrous launch ever and new videos every day showing bugs and claiming the game is broken.

"When everyone talks shit about you, it means you have influence, it's up to you what to do with it." My own quote.

You have influence on the whole gaming word in your grasp, all eyes are on you. Not only that, I believe that your game can influence the world even beyond the gaming world, maybe not as far as politics but fashion for example. Every step is watched by many millions of people. You are the one pulling the strings.

"Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody... or go down for all times in a blaze of glory?" your own quote.

To come out on top you will however need to do more then just patches, you will need to add features, make better ai (hell, do it better then any game before, you can!), Rework some stuff maybe even from 0. Do this before DLC. This is your chance to become maybe the greatest game studio ever, to change the world. Most likely, no other game you make, maybe ever, will have such impact and attention as you got with this one.

The control is yours, take the pen and write your name in the history. The future is in your grasp.

I wish you luck and thanks for a great game.

Jakub
That ship has sailed and there's no repairing what was the launch of CP2077. It'll go down in history as one of the most anticipated games only to, seriously, crash and burn a horrible death. No amount of patches or DLC's will repair the reputation, or lack thereof, this company has now. It's right up there with Respawn, EA and Bethesda.

I know I was just throwing out a thought. I got some freinds who are devs and they think they'll go about bringing in cut content and fixing bugs like we want it'll just take like 2 year. So just a matter of time
People will be so moved on by then this mess of a game won't even be relevant by then. If they can manage to get the game cleaned up in less than 12 months that might be another thing, but, who knows.

You say you didn't like Witcher 3 or at least didn't see a masterpiece that many people do, that's what u meant with tastes differ. Similar to Cyberpunk, it seems you do not enjoy it as much to see beyond all the minor bugs (or Huge, but I am talking from my own perspective i guess).

About the features, i didn't follow the hype because I don't since Fable. Yet i looked back on it just curious what all the complaining people are talking about.

Guess what, for me the game is better then it looked on trailers. I wouldn't like the wall climbing feature. I understand their choice with first person view and it kinda grew on me, i like it even if i usually play games from 3rd perspective if allowed. The city is full of life IMHO, it's sad that NPCs can't be interactive as one would want but hey... Never seen any game done that except childish versions like Sims. Skyrim, witcher 3, GTA, no interactions with random people at any serious level. Cops could be better yes, i agree i hope they will with parches. meaningful choices are there for me, to choose if someone is to live or die and then turns if events afterwards... That's meaningful choices IMHO. Not sure what type of choices people want more?

Everything else is pretty much gaming journalists who blew up things actually manipulating dev words so the article would get more views. Great example below:

Dev say that it's night city and here the corporations rule, the cops are often bribed and take side with corporations. Journalists turns it into "Player can bribe the cops!"

So all talk about lies, i don't see it the same way at all. Some stuff was cut with a pushed release, i understand that it might have been the way and I hope they will add some stuff like said in the first post. Remember that they promised that this was last delay, hence they had no choice because their word for them seems important.

The world isn't black and white, nothing is yes or no.

Saying "this game sucks it's worthless shit" is not a complain it's just a rant.

Saying "i wish cops actually chased the player in their cars if player is wanted" is a complain and constructive criticism.

I'll explain it more plainly or will try:

- The game is not stable. I don't care if you or someone else played it with 0 bugs ( x to doubt ), if I a game works it should works for everyone the same way. That is a BIG problem and not a minor bug ( tested on three different pcs, from high end rig to low-medium spec rig, had problem even with a 3080). Can't run on the consoles it was advertised and they even sold cyberpunk versions of XBOX.

- The cut content wouldn't be a "problem" if they didn't advertised it until the end on the Night city wires ( multiple apartments, brancing stories, heavy emphasis on customization )

- The texture are horrible even with RTX on ( Dlss on/off doesn't really matter ) and really stable only in photo mode ( that's where RTX tries to shine because the game stops loading lots of stuff and you find the best light ). Start moving or getting some action and you can see of messy everythig is.

- Physics and AI are beyond outdated, from water to ragdolls and explosions.

- Clunky uninspired melee combat, unbalanced hack ( which is really simple and childish, nothing like it was shown at first ) and gunplay.

- Uninteractive city ( no merchants, no minigames, most of buildings have missing prefabs/locked, Npcs barely talk or have significant routines ).

- Branching story is non-existent, with only a couple of quests ( one being the Flathead at the beginning ) having some sort of different endings. The game in on railroads from the start, with evident cut-content here and there. The writing is cringy and full of cussing words, many quests feels rushed out and your impact on the city and its gangs it's zero.

- Perks and general game mechanics are boring ( and already seen and done better by other games ) and not "next-generation" as it was said many times even days before the release. +% here and there. The loot system is embarassing and the street cred has no real impact apart from merchants loot.

I could go on but I think I made my point. Plenty of reasons to be angry and disappointed. Should I remind you that for years CDPR shitted on other companies while continuing hyping the game beyond their reach? I'm tired of seeing people shifting the blame on players, we had no power on the release of this game, nor the journalists ( quick remind that they only showed journalists and streamers a fake demo and denied the permission to talk about the game until the end. )

No, no, no. They gotta make good on what was advertised or THIS is their last game.
That ship has sailed and there's no repairing what was the launch of CP2077. It'll go down in history as one of the most anticipated games only to, seriously, crash and burn a horrible death. No amount of patches or DLC's will repair the reputation, or lack thereof, this company has now. It's right up there with Respawn, EA and Bethesda.

People will be so moved on by then this mess of a game won't even be relevant by then. If they can manage to get the game cleaned up in less than 12 months that might be another thing, but, who knows.
People been waiting 8 years they'll wait 2 more. This is history. folks won't be forgeting this for soooome time.

Good question, may i point you to this lenghty feedback here:
and then you answer me that question. I have my answer at least for the points that are really important.
(for me and that i had burning in my heart) :sad:

People been waiting 8 years they'll wait 2 more. This is history. folks won't be forgeting this for soooome time.
True, but those years should ve been put in place before CP77 was forcibly released. Now here we are.
Cyberpunk 2077 is not a bad game, by all means it has a really good core, but it suffers heavy from the
pushed release. That was / is not okay, thing is though.... profits will tell otherwise. xLetalis and Lorerunner
made exellent videos about Cyberpunk 2077, as well as pointing out what needs to change.
(yes i played it extensively 255 hours as the feedback says)

I for myself tried as well to provide a quite long and honest feedback, not only about the game, but also
about the way CD Projekt Red goes since i am around since over 8 years (yes my join date is wrong, thx to the merge)
So you guys tell me, is the word of an "old guard" worth something or not. Retorical question here.

As things stand, right now and here inbetween the bugfixing patches, i still tend to believe CP77 can be changed to
what was promised, but such a change needs a enhanced edition like rework patch. Doubtful that is gonna happen.

I'll explain it more plainly or will try:

- The game is not stable. I don't care if you or someone else played it with 0 bugs ( x to doubt ), if I a game works it should works for everyone the same way. That is a BIG problem and not a minor bug ( tested on three different pcs, from high end rig to low-medium spec rig, had problem even with a 3080). Can't run on the consoles it was advertised and they even sold cyberpunk versions of XBOX.
I have bugs, i have been required to load a save at least two times because I was stuck in missions. I have seen many floating objects, two times I saw a car fall down from the skies. Not a single crash except in photomode, i got some issues with it not sure why. I'm playing on 8 years old pc with a GeForce 660 ti GPU.

I tried to play CoD warzone or whatever the name and the ground was transparent and lag unplayable.

I tried to play this game PUGB and the load time was so long that everytime i landed with my parachute i was already shot by other players.

Then i buy this... I think it's impossible for it to run maybe even start, but i will get a new pc and buy this game anyways so I give it a shot. And wow, it runs surprisingly well! I was shocked.

- The cut content wouldn't be a "problem" if they didn't advertised it until the end on the Night city wires ( multiple apartments, brancing stories, heavy emphasis on customization )
The customization is quite good, you have multiple clothing slots, weapon mods, cyberware and extensive character creator. I hope more coming in patches since it is so important in this game I feel.

- The texture are horrible even with RTX on ( Dlss on/off doesn't really matter ) and really stable only in photo mode ( that's where RTX tries to shine because the game stops loading lots of stuff and you find the best light ). Start moving or getting some action and you can see of messy everythig is.
Textures are amazing! You can see pours and many amazing details on characters bodies. The messy textures are part of optimization that allows to run such beautiful game on my PC to begin with so i am happy they worked it out this way. They will hopefully optimize it further, 1.1 already showed 500 less RAM usage and fps improvement.
- Physics and AI are beyond outdated, from water to ragdolls and explosions.
Explosions are awesome... Love when enemies fall down ragdoll when they trip!

AI is nothing special, especially the cops are just poor.

Water is just bad indeed.

- Clunky uninspired melee combat, unbalanced hack ( which is really simple and childish, nothing like it was shown at first ) and gunplay.
I love melee combat, to cut of heads with my Katana! Also hacking gives a lot different ways to handle an enemy. Guns are having features like ricochet (even if I didn't find it useful but might be better with patches or i am doing it wrong), charging weapons, i think it's interesting. More then your usual GTA or some shooter game.
- Uninteractive city ( no merchants, no minigames, most of buildings have missing prefabs/locked, Npcs barely talk or have significant routines ).
There are merchants... But some merchants are not interactive, true. Every corner in this city feels different, the details of the city itself is unmatched IMHO by any other game ever. Random NPCs are pretty boring and are saying random stuff which is annoying, i wrote a whole thread as a suggestion how to improve this. But, it's more a end game thing when you have done everything and just want to play around which is always nice.
- Branching story is non-existent, with only a couple of quests ( one being the Flathead at the beginning ) having some sort of different endings. The game in on railroads from the start, with evident cut-content here and there. The writing is cringy and full of cussing words, many quests feels rushed out and your impact on the city and its gangs it's zero.
I wish there was more interaction with gangs too. I love the writing, it feels very natural. Sometimes I do feel forced into dialog options i do not agree with (or my character).
- Perks and general game mechanics are boring ( and already seen and done better by other games ) and not "next-generation" as it was said many times even days before the release. +% here and there. The loot system is embarassing and the street cred has no real impact apart from merchants loot.
I like the street cred system, it makes sense and feels quite natural. The perks and leveling system is confusing at first but in the end I think it's really innovative and I like it more and more. Its complex but also deep.
I could go on but I think I made my point. Plenty of reasons to be angry and disappointed. Should I remind you that for years CDPR shitted on other companies while continuing hyping the game beyond their reach? I'm tired of seeing people shifting the blame on players, we had no power on the release of this game, nor the journalists ( quick remind that they only showed journalists and streamers a fake demo and denied the permission to talk about the game until the end. )
For me... I find more reasons to be happy about if you read my point of view. Didn't notice shitting on other companies, care to send me a link? Either way, they can be something beyond all other companies, if they follow my advice if they didn't already before i wrote.

Now you are manipulating IMHO. First of all, how can the demo be called fake if it looks pretty much same as the final game? Secondly, it's work in progress clearly stated at begging of the video, meaning when you watch it you cannot assume the game will look like that or have things that are showed in it and even so it's very close to the final game. For Me, final game looks actually better then demo.

Oh so if people have something negative to say, they should take 5, if not they can free post right?
Awesome logic there=))
Umm no, that's not what they said and the logic is fine, especially if you understand the context of the post.

Let's break it down:

IF
PEOPLE
GET STRESSY OR HEATED
DEBATING
A GAME
AND ONCE MORE
.......... A GAME
GO TAKE A
CHILL PILL/TAKE 5
AND THEN COME BACK

P.S
THERES A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE
BETWEEN
PEOPLE BEING
CONSTRUCTIVELY NEGATIVE
AND
PEOPLE JUST
THROWING THEIR TOYS
OUT OF THE PRAM
BECAUSE
.......A GAME
DIDNT TURN OUT THE WAY
THEY WANTED
:ok:

P.S.S
WE LIVE IN AN AGE
WHERE EVERY DAY
THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE
ARE DYING
FROM A VIRUS

....... ITS A GAME

PERSPECTIVE

Guest 4519094

yup ... wondering why all those accounts are here is pretty helpful ... good luck

Umm no, that's not what they said and the logic is fine, especially if you understand the context of the post.

Let's break it down:

IF
PEOPLE
GET STRESSY OR HEATED
DEBATING
A GAME
AND ONCE MORE
.......... A GAME
GO TAKE A
CHILL PILL/TAKE 5
AND THEN COME BACK

P.S
THERES A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE
BETWEEN
PEOPLE BEING
CONSTRUCTIVELY NEGATIVE
AND
PEOPLE JUST
THROWING THEIR TOYS
OUT OF THE PRAM
BECAUSE
.......A GAME
DIDNT TURN OUT THE WAY
THEY WANTED
:ok:

P.S.S
WE LIVE IN AN AGE
WHERE EVERY DAY
THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE
ARE DYING
FROM A VIRUS

....... ITS A GAME

PERSPECTIVE
YOU
ARE
SHOUTING
GUESS
YOU
SHOULD
TAKE
=)))

I have bugs, i have been required to load a save at least two times because I was stuck in missions. I have seen many floating objects, two times I saw a car fall down from the skies. Not a single crash except in photomode, i got some issues with it not sure why. I'm playing on 8 years old pc with a GeForce 660 ti GPU.

I tried to play CoD warzone or whatever the name and the ground was transparent and lag unplayable.

I tried to play this game PUGB and the load time was so long that everytime i landed with my parachute i was already shot by other players.

Then i buy this... I think it's impossible for it to run maybe even start, but i will get a new pc and buy this game anyways so I give it a shot. And wow, it runs surprisingly well! I was shocked.

The customization is quite good, you have multiple clothing slots, weapon mods, cyberware and extensive character creator. I hope more coming in patches since it is so important in this game I feel.

Textures are amazing! You can see pours and many amazing details on characters bodies. The messy textures are part of optimization that allows to run such beautiful game on my PC to begin with so i am happy they worked it out this way. They will hopefully optimize it further, 1.1 already showed 500 less RAM usage and fps improvement.

Explosions are awesome... Love when enemies fall down ragdoll when they trip!

AI is nothing special, especially the cops are just poor.

Water is just bad indeed.

I love melee combat, to cut of heads with my Katana! Also hacking gives a lot different ways to handle an enemy. Guns are having features like ricochet (even if I didn't find it useful but might be better with patches or i am doing it wrong), charging weapons, i think it's interesting. More then your usual GTA or some shooter game.

There are merchants... But some merchants are not interactive, true. Every corner in this city feels different, the details of the city itself is unmatched IMHO by any other game ever. Random NPCs are pretty boring and are saying random stuff which is annoying, i wrote a whole thread as a suggestion how to improve this. But, it's more a end game thing when you have done everything and just want to play around which is always nice.

I wish there was more interaction with gangs too. I love the writing, it feels very natural. Sometimes I do feel forced into dialog options i do not agree with (or my character).

I like the street cred system, it makes sense and feels quite natural. The perks and leveling system is confusing at first but in the end I think it's really innovative and I like it more and more. Its complex but also deep.

For me... I find more reasons to be happy about if you read my point of view. Didn't notice shitting on other companies, care to send me a link? Either way, they can be something beyond all other companies, if they follow my advice if they didn't already before i wrote.

Now you are manipulating IMHO. First of all, how can the demo be called fake if it looks pretty much same as the final game? Secondly, it's work in progress clearly stated at begging of the video, meaning when you watch it you cannot assume the game will look like that or have things that are showed in it and even so it's very close to the final game. For Me, final game looks actually better then demo.

It was stated by pretty much everyone, even CDPR that journalists and streamers were sent/played a well packed demo.
Work in progress and they changed/scrapped stuff days before releasing the game. Hell, they even changed the genre from RPG to action adventure all of a sudden.
You didn't notice shitting on other companies? Check their twitter ( we leave greed to others, LOL fifa ) and get a sad laugh.
Anyways, no point arguing with someone in denial as I don't have to prove anything to you nor anyone else. You enjoy this mess? Good for you, I have other standards and I admit that I've fallen for the hype they generated around this game but I won't take the blame for that.

P.s: Perk system complex? Lol...

So... people talk about the bugs and glitches, i think this problems are a blessing for CDPR, because people talk about that, not about the teleporting police, or the bad neighborhood that you can just walk without no one messing with you, or the shooting inside the car that are in the tutorial but you cannot do, or the cat in your house that you cannot interact.

I like the game, still playing, but you can see clearly where the development start and when it finished, maybe a DLC can help, but after 3 months, lots of patches, a big one (1.1), i really don´t see much happening, like i said in the other post, i think they should release good modding tools and hope modders fix the game, bethesda do this and works fine, they even try to make some money from time to time with the modders work.

Well negative or not i doubt all the accounts would actually be on here if there wasnt something that they feel needs to be addressed... seriously better things to do... i know myself if i had given up on the game i wouldnt be wasting my time on here.

I think Cyberpunk has got the story right and a lot of the basic mechanics wrong, AI, UI, gangs, police/crime, Miscelanious inventory bugs/ console streaming issues.etc. That is my opinion.

I didnt have unrealistic unexpections of this game but i personally think they tried to do everything at once with this title, rushed some parts of it and its ended up the mess it now is.

Top Bottom