CDPR situation - Open letter

+
Hello!

Cyberpunk is on lips of everyone and everywhere, everyone knows about it, it's like mario in terms of renown. A lot of negativity also, many articles say it's the most disastrous launch ever and new videos every day showing bugs and claiming the game is broken.

"When everyone talks shit about you, it means you have influence, it's up to you what to do with it." My own quote.

You have influence on the whole gaming word in your grasp, all eyes are on you. Not only that, I believe that your game can influence the world even beyond the gaming world, maybe not as far as politics but fashion for example. Every step is watched by many millions of people. You are the one pulling the strings.

"Would you rather live in peace as Mr. Nobody... or go down for all times in a blaze of glory?" your own quote.

To come out on top you will however need to do more then just patches, you will need to add features, make better ai (hell, do it better then any game before, you can!), Rework some stuff maybe even from 0. Do this before DLC. This is your chance to become maybe the greatest game studio ever, to change the world. Most likely, no other game you make, maybe ever, will have such impact and attention as you got with this one.

The control is yours, take the pen and write your name in the history. The future is in your grasp.

I wish you luck and thanks for a great game.

Jakub

Last edited:
They may have lots of attention at this moment, but there is only so much they can crunch their devs before all that attention fades, while there are so many bugs and technical issues to fix, so many unfulfilled promises to fulfill...

There seem to be many angry people here. They will move on when they find a different object which they believe will be allowed to hate, so they can release their anger that they can't irl.

Important CDPR don't get distracted by those. Selective feedback is the only reasonable way, throw away garbage while you look for gold.

"All PR is good PR" ?
No, influence is a good beginning point. If you got that then you can use it for your case. For example by making correct and visible steps.
Post automatically merged:

I can appreciate your enthusiasm even if clutching to a string of hope.
It's just a friendly advice. They can change the world, it's in their grasp, but only if they do it the right way like said. In this situation patches for bugs are not enough.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a bad game!

Playing this game shows me a lot of things that has demanded lots of ressources to finish and polish. I am amazed how much this game contains. I have almost given up trying to embrace it all. The game is a blast!

I don't really think a lot about the bugs. They will probably be fixed over time.

I only have two things I think should have been different:

1. All romances should be available for all genders.
2. There should be at least one happy ending option.

I didn't and will not proceed to Act 3 before there's an option for a happy ending. But I like everything else about this game. It's fantastic!

There seem to be many angry people here. They will move on when they find a different object which they believe will be allowed to hate, so they can release their anger that they can't irl.

Important CDPR don't get distracted by those. Selective feedback is the only reasonable way, throw away garbage while you look for gold.

No, influence is a good beginning point. If you got that then you can use it for your case. For example by making correct and visible steps.
[/QUI'm not angry I'm worried. Just want it all to work out you know? As much as I want what was advertised I also want the old CDPR back. It's sad times.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not a bad game!

Playing this game shows me a lot of things that has demanded lots of ressources to finish and polish. I am amazed how much this game contains. I have almost given up trying to embrace it all. The game is a blast!

I don't really think a lot about the bugs. They will probably be fixed over time.

I only have two things I think should have been different:

1. All romances should be available for all genders.
2. There should be at least one happy ending option.

I didn't and will not proceed to Act 3 before there's an option for a happy ending. But I like everything else about this game. It's fantastic!
m not angry I'm worried. Just want it all to work out you know? As much as I want what was advertised I also want the old CDPR back. It's sad times.

m not angry I'm worried. Just want it all to work out you know? As much as I want what was advertised I also want the old CDPR back. It's sad times.
Unsure i was talking about you. Yes, it's not done, but they stand before a choice. To go the right way (in my opinion) will require investing more money and time.

What i wanted to say is, they have such a huge opportunity to make history, they have come so far, but there is still a bit to go :)

Probably so and then there's lot's of people who may feel they are not in control of their lives due pandemic. Then there is perhaps that this game isn't and was never intended to a game essentially for ~15% or so.

Probably so and then there's lot's of people who may feel they are not in control of their lives due pandemic. Then there is perhaps that this game isn't and was never intended to a game essentially for ~15% or so.
What do you mean by around 15%? Of those who bought the game?

Unsure i was talking about you. Yes, it's not done, but they stand before a choice. To go the right way (in my opinion) will require investing more money and time.

What i wanted to say is, they have such a huge opportunity to make history, they have come so far, but there is still a bit to go :)
I know I was just throwing out a thought. I got some freinds who are devs and they think they'll go about bringing in cut content and fixing bugs like we want it'll just take like 2 year. So just a matter of time

I'll be shocked if they actually deliver on what was promised. More likely they'll do the bare minimum of bug fixes and then abandon it to recoup losses.

With the way this company has approached every other game they've made I would be surprised if at least some cut content doesn't make it back in. Betraying and ignoring their fan base has never been their MO before so I'm willing to give them a second chance. Pluse the community has made it pretty clear their reputation depends on it.

So, there's no actual people rightfully complaining a company for selling them an unfinished, unpolished empty product?
Don't act like it's all it is though. This thread may be overcompensation in the other direction, but a lot of the angry people around here are acting like CDPR broke into their house and personally killed their dog. It's a little excessive sometimes lmao.

Don't act like it's all it is though. This thread may be overcompensation in the other direction, but a lot of the angry people around here are acting like CDPR broke into their house and personally killed their dog. It's a little excessive sometimes lmao.
You ever been lied too for 8 years before now? Obviously you don't need to answer that but it's just a matter of perspectives. It may seem like an over compensation from your view sure but people have a right to be mad the level at witch they are mad is all just subjective.

Top Bottom