CDPR stock goes down 14% today

+

Do you agree with the points in question?

• Yes

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 51.7%
  • Some but not all.

Votes: 13 21.7%

• Total voters
This is what I am talking about! Investors, such as myself, are pissed off at what CDPR delivered. And this is the consequence. I seriously hope you will get it back, but guys really things need to change. The promises you made, not just to your consumers but also to your investors.

Here are some of my suggestions how to fix yourself.
- Focus your team entirely on not just fixing the game but also adding things.
- Communicate with your consumers what you are adding and not just fixes, literally tell us what we can expect.
- Apologizing means nothing without something along with the apology, something needs to be added.
- Stop dismissing people who have actual concerns.
- Stop excusing the performance of the game on old tech such as ps4 etc.
- Let the people who worked on the game who were right abut the concerns of the state of the game be in charge, not whoever decided to launch it like this.
- [...]
- Humility goes a long way.
- [...]

Good luck to you all at CDPR

Best regards from a former investor. Do please add other points below this post if people have some.

Check the Poll if you agree.

I would say NO for most of them.

You want them to add things - this is what they are working on. Free DLCs this year, payware next year for CP2077 alone.

You want them to tell you what to expect - this is what got them in troubles. Because people misunderstand "expected" for "promised" and then blame them for lying. They clearly said that they will annouce things closer to release date so they are sure about how product will look like.

Also expecting them to hire or put in charge certain people is a little bit silly.

Those are definitely hard times for CDP and I hope they will be in a better place a year for now. I agree that message was unclear for a lot of people (mostly when it comes to "online expierence" of Cyberpunk), lack of numbers and specifics but I keep my fingers crossed.

Doubt you own enough to matter. Their rethinking the multiplayer and restructuring are likely what caused this blip. With the prospect of no microtransactions style multiplayer and restructuring, both create enough uncertainty for a few impatient rats to jump ship. This game has been out now for what, 3-4 months whatever they were going to lose based on the release they already lost.

FkzAz

Forum regular
I think it mostly boils down to the cancelation of the MP standalone product tbh.

The changing on work structure from Watterfall to Agile kinda showed that they were quite desorganized internally (this is something the big companies did some years ago).

And also stating that you aim to be in the top 3 gamming companies, atm, is kinda silly.

How in hell do they plan to compete with companies like Naughty Dog, Rockstar, Santa Monica or Insomniac Games (just to name a few) , when all of this companies deliver above all, Extreme Quality in their games ?..

I dont no. I think they should stop using the word Quality when they have nothing to back it up on paper. This rubber band police system on 1.2 (just as an example) is everything but quality...its the exact opposite.

But there is nothing wrong with aiming high and setting ambicious goals. Of course it will take years but goal is a goal.

FkzAz

Forum regular
But there is nothing wrong with aiming high and setting ambicious goals. Of course it will take years but goal is a goal.

It isn't wrong, and that's how it should be. And I admire their ambition, because without ambition you aren't going nowhere.

Just saying that talking about it now publicly, it's not really the way to go. It should stay as an internal message and motivation force for the moment.

At least that's how I see it.

This game is fundamentally broken. Is like trying to build a skyscraper on haystack and mud foundations. They'd have to rewrite the code from the bottom up to even think starting to add new stuff. All they can do is fix glitches, perks straight up not working and hopefully the AI, hoping that that won't create even more conflict.

I agree with some points but for me a drop in share price is a good opportunity to support my number one gaming studio. I believe in CDPR and they will get back to where they were before release.

But most important:
I like the stock
Hang in there

It isn't wrong, and that's how it should be. And I admire their ambition, because without ambition you aren't going nowhere.

Just saying that talking about it now publicly, it's not really the way to go. It should stay as an internal message and motivation force for the moment.

At least that's how I see it.

In all fairness they have their own type of storytelling structure and character design philosophy that no other company has at the moment, most other major companies rely on cookie cutter character design and stereotypical narrative arcs that fit the mold created by focus groups.

So in those terms they do have some form of quality and uniqueness under their belt, and as buggy as the game is at the moment, the engine itself is a work of art (and some of the technical systems behind it).

I do sincerely believe that the problem was their internal structuring and workflow/prioritization, the talent is there.

We'll see, I hope they make it to the top and keep Cyberpunk as one of their flagships, I love the genre and there's no other company tackling it as extensively at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

This game is fundamentally broken. Is like trying to build a skyscraper on haystack and mud foundations. They'd have to rewrite the code from the bottom up to even think starting to add new stuff. All they can do is fix glitches, perks straight up not working and hopefully the AI, hoping that that won't create even more conflict.

Your proof being?

Every patch or hotfixes they released so far are proof enough. But i guess as most things, only time will really tell.

Last edited:
Every patch or hotfixes they released so far are proof enough. But i guess as most of the things, only time will really tell.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I guess that's the exact point of patch 1.1 and 1.2 no? (attempting) to fix the bugs and glitches? before they movement to quality of life improvement and (possibly, don't take my word for it) technical improvement. For me patch 1.2 serve that purpose, granted not entirely. But if I could patiently waiting a couple of months for Arkham Knight to be playable on my rig, I can do this for Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, only time will tell. You can rewatch it here: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/cyberpunk-2077-our-commitment-to-quality.11073143/ (roadmap included)

Back on topic, I guess 14% is a bit steep, CDPR 'failure' on delivery is one, but media did not help either. It is undesirable, but it is expected. Do the hate deserved? Maybe. Does it overblown? Yes. But I don't think the company will close anytime soon, looking how they manage to acquire Digital Scapes to open their Vancouver base. But yes it is bad, I would hate to be their PR consultant these days. The announcement they made yesterday further confirm the problem that they have with the management, it is good that they have plan to improve it, but let's be fair and say although I never like the idea of multi-player, "cancelling" it sure send the wrong signal to the investors. There are a lot of cash to be milked in multiplayer, the investor knows that, that is the reason they invest, aside from the hype of CP2077. The stock will rise again comes the news of expansion provided they patch the game out, and/or when a new IP is announced. So let's not worry too much about the stock. It is an indication, but there are too many to read between the lines.

I do, however, sincerely hope that CDPR learn their lesson, the big mistake from CDPR part about Cyberpunk is the way they manage people expectations. And let's be fair, any publisher would be happy to get that kind of hype, especially, that this is the first time they taste this kind of hit. Witcher 3 ain't this big (don't take my words for it. you could see the steam chart), I remembered playing the game and my friend in Uni was like witcher what now? Sure it went up after the game of the year and how good B&W and HoS was, but at launch I remember my friend was like "Dude. Go back to darksoul! it looked stupid." now that very same person swear to me he hates Cyberpunk because he follows Witcher franchise religiously. And believe me, the witcher 3 was rough at the start! Pop-in, rough texture, roach getting stuck. And the witcher 3 game world is MUCH less complex than CP2077. While with CP2077, everyone knows it and (mostly) hyped about it, the hype is real so one mistake and people will milk the fun out of it just look at Kevduit (don't get me wrong I love the guy and watch him a lot because it's funny, but the comment section is oh so toxic).

As a Witcher 3 lover, I can see a diamond in the rough in the making, and I hope CDPR manage to polish it (no pun intended) overtime. Maybe I am too positive about all these, but hey. I'd much rather to be disappointed to put a trust in someone, rather than disappointed for not trusting them. Call me a sheep, a shill, anything. That's alright, and I will still wish you good day.

Cheers, choombas

In all fairness they have their own type of storytelling structure and character design philosophy that no other company has at the moment, most other major companies rely on cookie cutter character design and stereotypical narrative arcs that fit the mold created by focus groups.

So in those terms they do have some form of quality and uniqueness under their belt, and as buggy as the game is at the moment, the engine itself is a work of art (and some of the technical systems behind it).

I do sincerely believe that the problem was their internal structuring and workflow/prioritization, the talent is there.

We'll see, I hope they make it to the top and keep Cyberpunk as one of their flagships, I love the genre and there's no other company tackling it as extensively at the moment.

Your proof being?
- The character design was practically given to them by other sources, Mike Pondsmith being a prime example.
- There's literally nothing innovative both in the narrative arcs ( practically boils down to sidequest for him, sidequest for her) and the thematic. They literally nitpicked quotes and themes from various cyberpunk works and tried to mesh them together ( immortality and soul -> Ghost in the shell, Altered Carbon, Badlands -> Blade Runner empty wasteland outside the city, and that's just a couple of examples ).
- The RedEngine is one the most unstable and unreliable engine at the moment and the given proof is just how different the game experience can be even with the same gaming setup. Not to mention the physics that is all over the place. I get it that you love the game, but at least try to objective.

This is what I am talking about! Investors, such as myself, are pissed off at what CDPR delivered. And this is the consequence. I seriously hope you will get it back, but guys really things need to change. The promises you made, not just to your consumers but also to your investors.

Time to buy, I'd suggest. CD Projekt have had a bad bump, yes, but they're an experienced and highly creative company; they will learn from this experience, provided they don't lose too many key staff. Cyberpunk may have had a bad launch, but it is already financially successful, and critical response to it is improving. In the medium term it is likely to become a highly regarded game.

Any investment in the games industry is risky, but within the sector CD Projekt is a better bet than most.

- The character design was practically given to them by other sources, Mike Pondsmith being a prime example.
- There's literally nothing innovative both in the narrative arcs ( practically boils down to sidequest for him, sidequest for her) and the thematic. They literally nitpicked quotes and themes from various cyberpunk works and tried to mesh them together ( immortality and soul -> Ghost in the shell, Altered Carbon, Badlands -> Blade Runner empty wasteland outside the city, and that's just a couple of examples ).
- The RedEngine is one the most unstable and unreliable engine at the moment and the given proof is just how different the game experience can be even with the same gaming setup. Not to mention the physics that is all over the place. I get it that you love the game, but at least try to objective.

All fair points that I disagree with, I've literally had 2 whole crashes in my 350 hours of gameplay, and while the scripting broke in some quests I was able to complete the full game on multiple goes, pretty stable to me.

The fact that it even runs at all on the first gen modern consoles is a wonder in itself.

You also have to remember that the environment is gigantic and highly detailed with no loading screens, the facial animation system is absolutely outstanding rivaling mo-cap and the rasterized rendering rivals ray-tracing illumination at points (yeah the highlights and the adaptation need slight adjusting).

And there's also this small highly detailed game that works on RED Engine as well, called, ah yeah, The Witcher 3...

The engine is fine, it's the new systems which is CDPR's first go at that need refinement.

As for the story telling and narrative, it works for me in a way that a lot of modern media does not anymore.

As for saying that on a design point they just copied Pondsmith's ideas is disingenuous at best and I don't believe it's worth debating.

Back on topic, I guess 14% is a bit steep, CDPR 'failure' on delivery is one, but media did not help either. It is undesirable, but it is expected. Do the hate deserved? Maybe. Does it overblown? Yes. But I don't think the company will close anytime soon, looking how they manage to acquire Digital Scapes to open their Vancouver base. But yes it is bad, I would hate to be their PR consultant these days. The announcement they made yesterday further confirm the problem that they have with the management, it is good that they have plan to improve it, but let's be fair and say although I never like the idea of multi-player, "cancelling" it sure send the wrong signal to the investors. There are a lot of cash to be milked in multiplayer, the investor knows that, that is the reason they invest, aside from the hype of CP2077. The stock will rise again comes the news of expansion provided they patch the game out, and/or when a new IP is announced. So let's not worry too much about the stock. It is an indication, but there are too many to read between the lines.

As far as my impression goes, it seems that the stocks were overvalued, by the sounds of it they were higher than Ubisoft's and investors are jumping ship since CDPR is unwilling to monetize a multiplayer version of Cyberpunk.

I'm sure that once the game is stable, the next gen version are finished and DLC's released they will announce a new title (or two) and everyone will be back on board like nothing happened.

Investors and gamers a like are a fickle bunch.

Last edited:
You want them to add things - this is what they are working on. Free DLCs this year, payware next year for CP2077 alone.

Calling it free DLC is pretty shameful. There are features that they said would be in game but they are missing, for example vehicle customization, in the past they said they are thinking about adding it, then they said it wouldnt be in game, it made me sad(especially since STYLE is so important in this unvierse) but I accepted it, at this point I didnt have any problem with CDPR but then in the official video about vehicles(rides of dark future) they out right said that sport cars will have vehicle customization, this got me pretty excited only to find out it was a false. CDPR used non-existing feature to promote game, thats definition of false advertisement.

I could understand it if it was old video but it wasnt, it was video made not long before release so they dont have any excuse for it.

They promised game with a lot of choice but there is actually a LOT less choice then in their previous games.

Every patch or hotfixes they released so far are proof enough. But i guess as most things, only time will really tell.

Even though there's a lot of minor issues every time the game gets patched, the overall stability and consistency is improving across the board.

So it's not really proof of anything.

P.S. Apologies for missing your post :).

You titled this "CDPR stock goes down 14% today".

But it was only INSIDE the thread that you showed it was a question whether people agree with that as a prediction. You have to click the actual thread to see it didn't actually happen.

Are you trying to scare people into panic selling?

Top Bottom