CDPR Teases Incoming Transmog System

+
1654649686161.png

Think theres already a basic function transmog system in the game its just not accesseble without a mod. Ive been hiding the head part for most of my latest playtough with it. A proper transmog will allow you too change the look of items too but just hiding is a big step in the right direction imo.

I'm 100% down for a transmog system BUT we will really need a better version of storage to go with it. I have always thought WoW (all other problems aside) has a great system and menus for it. Would love something of that sort.

Well, not having a transmog system doesn't keep me away from the game, but it would be great to have it. Although it is an FP, I love to take photos and it sucks that I have to change my clothes. They've made things even worse after the restrictions of the mods that can be used on clothes.

I'd like to point out that the social media guy/gal doesn't know what's going on inside cdpr. They're told what to post if it's related to the game. That said, Pawel Sasko also responded to that tweet with the same emoji. I know in the files there is something about transmog system.

They could have moved clothing bonuses to cyberwear, leaving clothing as only a style/vanity matter, and they would achieve the exact same thing. Transmog system is the laziest approach (not only in CP77, but in all games), especially when taking into consideration how they were pushing "in NC style is everything" narrative throughout the whole advertisment process.

Transmog system is the laziest approach (not only in CP77, but in all games), especially when taking into consideration how they were pushing "in NC style is everything" narrative throughout the whole advertisment process.
can really see them adding a transmog system just due to the fact its less work. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
They could have moved clothing bonuses to cyberwear, leaving clothing as only a style/vanity matter, and they would achieve the exact same thing. Transmog system is the laziest approach (not only in CP77, but in all games), especially when taking into consideration how they were pushing "in NC style is everything" narrative throughout the whole advertisment process.

This was always my thought on the subject too. Clothes should have just been clothes... maybe contributed a little bit to armor or something like that. I actually think this would have made Cyberpunk a little unique in that you could have worn things just for style, which not a lot of other games do.

But cyberwear should have given you stats, abilities, etc.

This was always my thought on the subject too. Clothes should have just been clothes... maybe contributed a little bit to armor or something like that. I actually think this would have made Cyberpunk a little unique in that you could have worn things just for style, which not a lot of other games do.

But cyberwear should have given you stats, abilities, etc.
I kinda liked the way clothes seemed too work in the "gameplay demo" with boosts too street creed depending on flashiness and other bonuses (Dmg bonus too hacking ect.). They should have removed armor totally imo since its a weird stat too have on clothes or just have it on the more bulletproof vests and so on.

I kinda liked the way clothes seemed too work in the "gameplay demo" with boosts too street creed depending on flashiness and other bonuses (Dmg bonus too hacking ect.). They should have removed armor totally imo since its a weird stat too have on clothes or just have it on the more bulletproof vests and so on.

I think the street cred boost is a cool idea, forgot about that completely. Could also see it impacting hacking potentially... or maybe even damage a bit depending on the type of clothing.

And yeah, as far as adding armor I didn't mean for a pair of sneakers or something like that. But if you put on combat gear, maybe it gives you some damage reduction... or a vest, like you said. Stuff like that. :)

I wish clothes/armour worked like it did in the pen & paper RPG, maybe it was changed for balance reason but I don't know, I'm not a game designer. Further subdermal armour/implants could be used for people who want to maintain a particular style in streetclothes, etc. and combat armour like ballistic vests, heavy leather/padding for those interested in being a "well-dressed punk".

Regarding a transmog system, I find it weird people are playing the game and fussing over stats so much. I've always worn the clothes I want based on appearance only and never ran into any difficulty in firefights.

Style is supreme, as they say (or maybe they don't say that anymore, idk)

I wish clothes/armour worked like it did in the pen & paper RPG, maybe it was changed for balance reason but I don't know, I'm not a game designer. Further subdermal armour/implants could be used for people who want to maintain a particular style in streetclothes, etc. and combat armour like ballistic vests, heavy leather/padding for those interested in being a "well-dressed punk".

Regarding a transmog system, I find it weird people are playing the game and fussing over stats so much. I've always worn the clothes I want based on appearance only and never ran into any difficulty in firefights.

Style is supreme, as they say (or maybe they don't say that anymore, idk)
There are mods for some of these things. Also the style over substance thing has/hade a mod.

kinna

Forum regular
But wouldn't transmog system completely override cyberpunks whole style over substance idea? You want to look cool, go ahead but you will die more easily if you get hit. Want to eat a lot of bullets, don't wear skintight miniskirts and bra to a gunfight. That is the way it was in pnp.

I`m sure transmog will appear in a next patch as theres huge demand for it. Personally, I dont really get it as game isnt that difficult if you dont wear a hat... I think some people (and to some extend me too at the first playthrough) are fixed about maxing stats by default and dont really know that you dont have to wear best clothes/guns to enjoy a game.

What would be better is to allow players to craft better clothes from a common ones we have in game once their technical skill improve. I always loved V`s pants but upgrading them to something like 100 armor costs insane amount of components.

With the emphasis the genre has on style it's doing my head in running around in a clown suit. More clothing options, give us everything we see on NPCs. Then let us transmog. Will be awesome.

Who cares about transmog honestly. You barely see your character throughout the whole game. I'd rather see other features and fixes introduced.
I have a mod that allows me to upgrade the gear quality. If CDPR provided an eddy paid service to do the same thing a complicated transmog function is not needed

Top Bottom