CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters

I'm curious about how the community feels about this patch/no patch situation. Do you believe CDPR, when they say the patch will be out today for PC?

I'm curious about how the community feels about this patch/no patch situation. Do you believe CDPR, when they say the patch will be out today for PC?

Man.. get a life and wait for a patch. Don't be an angry troll coz some witcher from the forums will get you

No, because if something is released it is released early during the day.
RIght now it is 1 PM in Poland already.

I for one am starting to have doubts. What's most worrying is the complete lack of communication from Marcin. I know tweeting about music (whilst at work) is VERY important.

I just hope that perhaps, if it's not bothering Marcin too much, then he could say something to the community. The community, that finances them. But only if we're not bothering Marcin, wouldn't want to be accused of harrassing the poor chap.

CDPR is the only gaming company i fully trust to keep their promises. But for patch release, i really dont care if it will be released today or tomorrow.. another 24 hours means more issues will be fixed, so whats the rush? Just would like to have it by the weekend when i will have more free time to play the game :)

I see it like this;

I am waiting for a bus, but I don't know how long it is until the bus arrives so I ask someone and he tells me 14 minutes.
I am waiting for a bus, but I don't know how long it is until the bus arrives so I ask someone and he tells me he doesn't know.

How long do I have to wait until the bus arrives in both cases? Same, I still have to wait 14 minutes.

How to bias a poll, really just make it "Yes" or "No" rather than mixing a whole bunch of personal bullshit about Marcin's integrity. I am sure he simply provided the information he was given. incidentally a 'promise' is a vow that someone will do something, you should take 'promise' out of the title. That is of course if you are genuinely interested in the community's thoughts or is it just a sham poll?

What was said “That’s correct. It’s getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday. We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding." Hardly constitutes a promise.

btw I am no 'white kinght fanboi' I just dislike logical fallacy, rhetoric and poorly formed polls!

Edit: just to be clear no one can possibly vote in good faith for the first option without knowing Marcin very well.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think there will be a (pc) patch this week. My estimate is next Tuesday.

And remember, they didn't release XP hotfix, because the patch was so close, they release it together.

Long weekend coming in Poland as well. This gon be gud.

---------- Updated at 10:15 AM ----------

How to bias a poll, really just make it "Yes" or "No" rather than mixing a whole bunch of personal bullshit about Marcin's integrity. I am sure he simply provided the information he was given. incidentally a 'promise' is a vow that someone will do something, you should take 'promise' out of the title. That is of course if you are genuinely interested in the community's thoughts or is it just a sham?

What was said “That’s correct. It’s getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday. We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding." Hardly constitutes a promise.

btw I am no 'white kinght fanboi' I just dislike logical fallacy, rhetoric and poorly formed polls!

Trust me, the poll worded this way is more fun. Much more fun.

It's also easy for Marcin to stop all this. All he'd have to do, is actually tell us, what's going on. Simple. But I guess tweeting about songs he likes is more important. I get that.

And remember, they didn't release XP hotfix, because the patch was so close, they release it together.

Long weekend coming in Poland as well. This gon be gud.

---------- Updated at 10:15 AM ----------

It's also easy for Marcin to stop all this. All he'd have to do, is actually tell us, what's going on. Simple. But I guess tweeting about songs he likes is more important. I get that.

If the rumors regarding the dev cycle of The Witcher 3 is to be believed, something tells me CDPR have zero qualms about getting people to work weekends.

Shush, they're too excited waiting for Fallout 4 announcement to do any working today! Leave CDPR aloooone.

Ahh OK it is a sham poll, well thats OK then though I'm sure some people will be taken in by it I almost was, I thought you where being serious for a moment! :)

---------- Updated at 10:22 AM ----------

If the rumors regarding the dev cycle of The Witcher 3 is to be believed, something tells me CDPR have zero qualms about getting people to work weekends.

Crunch time never ends when the product is out the door!

OMG...really? A trust poll? :facepalm:

Well mate, they play with our trust, so why not have a trust poll?

Seems I'm not the only one having doubts now am I?

Seems to me like CDPR deserve this poll, and all other trolling stuff, that is going on. They could stop it, they know that. All they would have to do is communicate. We had no update.

He probably wants to but his hands will be tied by what Emperor Emhyr allows him to report so his desire to assist probably isn't considered. He's the frontline man, not the Field-Marshal Coehoorn.

Top Bottom