CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
On a serious not, Marcin.

Why did you not release the hotfix, like it would have been logical, when you had it fixed?

You said just around the corner - guess how that turned out.

So. Just cut your losses, and release the hotfix today?

The XP fix has been integrated into the patch. It would take a lot of work for us to make it a standalone hotfix, thus affecting the release date of 1.05 again. There are really a lot of issues that this update will fix - we want to make the game right for everyone.

On a serious not, Marcin.

Why did you not release the hotfix, like it would have been logical, when you had it fixed?

You said just around the corner - guess how that turned out.

So. Just cut your losses, and release the hotfix today?

Corners in Poland are much different than anywhere else.

Waiting 2 weeks to get a patch for game breaking is more then enough patience then any developer deserves, at max a bug of this degree should be patched at max 2 days

Says who? You do game development? Have you ever had to trace down a bug and create a fix, update your unit tests to make sure something else doesn't break, send it to QA and then submit it to production?

They won't provide an ETA now because they obviously can't.
"Bug Hunting" is always a little chaotic and predictions are difficult. They might have exterminated a few major bugs only to realize another nasty one showed up during the process, let's say liek it's raining dead cockatrice from the sky.

While I wouldn't mind them doing some clear talking like, "Listen guys, we encountered some serious issues while fixing these problems and we don't have a clue how long it will take us to iron them out.", I can understand their decision to go silent for while.

My advice: be patient even if it seems "unbearable." It's done when it's done.

Waiting 2 weeks to get a patch for game breaking is more then enough patience then any developer deserves, at max a bug of this degree should be patched at max 2 days

The reviews are out applauding the game. The steam page shows that there are 4 patches out already (must be a good company, people think).. This isn't affecting their sales.. All of us are on THEIR forum which almost zero % of the playerbase visits, let alone press outlets.. Again.. not affecting their sales.. They have zero incentives to rush this. Money speaks.. Anything else is just noise.

The XP fix has been integrated into the patch. It would take a lot of work for us to make it a standalone hotfix, thus affecting the release date of 1.05 again. There are really a lot of issues that this update will fix - we want to make the game right for everyone.

I see, thought that'd be the case, a shame actually but alas no point in complaining now.
Really looking forward to an update list of the fixes the patch will include, and the eventual release date.

Just around the corner.... can be so near if your not in a hurry or so far away if you're in an urgency. Relativity of time.

Why do threads like this exist? -.-

Because in the vacuum of boredom and silence, people begin to speculate and having ONE (poor guy, I might add) delivering all of the bad news gives people a face to stream their frustration into. Legal reasons be damned, if I ever open up a game company, I'll stream the entire patching process just to keep people happy..
Angry customers need handholding. Hold them tight, tell them it's gonna be alright. Seriously. This works.

Nobody here doubts you want the game right for everyone. The game, like I said many times, if truly fucking great!

Our problem is with planning. We'd like to plan, and we need communication for that from your behalf - because you are the one, who is visible to us.

You had hard decisions to make, I understand that, many of us simply believe you made the wrong ones.

But what's past is past...

Yes, because when CDPR take their time, like delay something for six months, everything turns out all right and what you see is what you get.

My point is there's no benefit in making them rushing a patch on top of the already existing problems, i understand your point as no other lol because i have been pissed
about this as well.It's going to affect this industry eventually on a large scale,only then you'll see some real changes as there's no longer that PRE (order) Support.

I just want to have the best experience possible with this game,i went bananas with Skyrim on PS3.

Ya hear that, guys? Told you, they're bringing back the pre-release graphics! *cue It's Raining Men*

---------- Updated at 11:24 AM ----------

Because in the vacuum of boredom and silence, people begin to speculate and having ONE (poor guy, I might add) delivering all of the bad news gives people a face to stream their frustration into. Legal reasons be damned, if I ever open up a game company, I'll stream the entire patching process just to keep people happy..
Angry customers need handholding. Hold them tight, tell them it's gonna be alright. Seriously. This works.

Huummmm... It's not so much the bad news, more the highly inaccurate news.

First of all -- you're talking to us about the patch. Already 100 times better than the previous week and some. All we can really ask for is for your presence to at least give us updates so we don't sit on our hands. It's not just about people losing their patience, it's about trust, and please try to understand what happens to the game experience when it's interrupted for 2 weeks. The longer this takes, the bigger of a disconnect it creates. I don't think anyone can be mad at CDPR for wanting to NOT release a patch ahead of time and just make things worse. Marcin, I suppose the only thing you could do, and It's probably not easy on your end, is to tell us when the patch is actually coming out, so that we can all relax and say "Alright, now we know."

I think that will solve 99% of people's worries here.

Marcin didn't say that the patch WONT be out today (like he did yesterday on twitter), so let's cross fingers and hope

First of all -- you're talking to us about the patch. Already 100 times better than the previous week and some. All we can really ask for is for your presence to at least give us updates so we don't sit on our hands. It's not just about people losing their patience, it's about trust, and please try to understand what happens to the game experience when it's interrupted for 2 weeks. The longer this takes, the bigger of a disconnect it creates. I don't think anyone can be mad at CDPR for wanting to NOT release a patch ahead of time and just make things worse. Marcin, I suppose the only thing you could do, and It's probably not easy on your end, is to tell us when the patch is actually coming out, so that we can all relax and say "Alright, now we know."

Indeed. A simple post "yeah, it'll be out today/tomorrow/next week" would make the forums dead silent.

I think the developers did not deserve criticism because of the delay of the patch in a few days. Personally, I can wait a week or two, but in the end I could play the game without bugs.

The issue with that is, what if something happens during development - like they think they fixed it but during QA they discovered it created another bug? Update the ETA again? ...and again...and again? Or just say, it'll be out this week, sometime?

Also, isn't saying that it will be out this week, kind of an ETA? What's your time scale requirement for an ETA to be valid? It will be out at 12:01:05 AM GMT on June 4th? Or would you prefer a unix timestamp?

the issue is your companies way of communicating with customers.
let me give you two recent examples: pre release downgrade discussion and pop ins. no comment from your side on the latter despite countless threads.

Where were you all when some other big houses delivered broken products beyond repair? The game was and is playable, with or without the XP bug. Thats more then you can say for other big triple A games out there. Keep treating them as if they dont give a damn about the game and player base and they eventually will. Because. Why don't you go over to EA or UBI forums and ask when will patch X come for game Y? Oh, because they don't give a damn and wont answer back to your posts, thats why.

Indeed. A simple post "yeah, it'll be out today/tomorrow/next week" would make the forums dead silent.

Exactly. I'll also take this chance to say I believe that this is the actual core of the people who like what you guys do. We DO have patience, we CAN understand that stuff goes wrong, and let's be honest, any other forum/company/game and there would probably have been a way bigger shitstorm by now. So I'm not going to speak on the behalf of others but I believe you have fans that drive you forward here and care about the interactions, so we can keep this civil, informed, and proper.

Top Bottom