CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
The amount of immature brats in this thread is off the charts. CDPR is doing the best they can folks, the bug is evidently much harder to fix than they thought, thus the constant delayings (they should never have given a date to begin with). Pressing them to rush the patch will only break more things than it will fix. Go play one of your other 50 games in the meantime!

The amount of immature brats in this thread is off the charts. CDPR is doing the best they can folks, the bug is evidently much harder to fix than they thought, thus the constant delayings (they should never have given a date to begin with). Pressing them to rush the patch will only break more things than it will fix. Go play one of your other 50 games in the meantime!

It may look like that but It's really not that bad. I mean, look at that poll. It's around 170 people... that's like nothing given the numbers of sold copies.

At the end of the day, at least they are actually patching the bug. Just amazes me why they delayed a PC Hotfix just so they could release it as part of a massive patch ???

I really understand that during fixing something you might run into new issues or the original issue is bigger than was expected. But we get comments in the vain of "the fix is done already we have a release date", yet nothing happened. This is all undesrtandable, but thier silence about the issue is creating problems. They could at least give an explanation. "We ran into some unexpected issues, it will take longer than we expected", but so far, nothing.

I'm used to working in an enviroment where we are very open with our clients about our develpment cycles and issues with our clients. Transparancy really benefits both parites.

It may look like that but It's really not that bad. I mean, look at that poll. It's around 170 people... that's like nothing given the numbers of sold copies.

That poll is good for absolutely nothing, since it's extremely biased. The only two options are 1- I TRUST CDPR 100% COMPLETELY WITH ALL MY SOUL or 2- I have some degree of doubt. Of course results will tend towards the second option!

There's also the matter that probably just 1 in 3000 Witcher 3 gamers ever visit the forums, and fewer of those have seen this thread, and even fewer still actually vote on it.. so you can't compare 170 people to the whole Witcher 3 player universe, just those who voted on the poll.

Last edited:
They delayed the xp patch because they had the new patch coming out but that got delayed so why they hell haven't they released the hotfix? They said that they weren't releasing it because that patch was coming but that isn't an excuse anymore.

That is the real bullshit here which makes me question exactly what is going on there. Release the damn hot fix for PC. We don't have those stupid "patch verification" bullshit that consoles have to put up with. Them not doing hot fixes seems like nothing more than an unwillingness to keep releasing PC fixes faster than console out of fear of console players getting upset.

Release the damn fix, console players chose to have to wait for patches by choosing consoles. We are on PC because we don't want to deal with that kind of long patching process.

Can somebody finally ban the OP? This kid only rants about how the game is some kind of "broken" and that he "deserves" an instant patch that will fix every single bug.

Dude, please grow up. You make a fool of yourself and no one takes you seriously.

Can somebody finally ban the OP? This kid only rants about how the game is some kind of "broken" and that he "deserves" an instant patch that will fix every single bug.

Dude, please grow up. You make a fool of yourself and no one takes you seriously.

Maybe you should be banned.

Personally, I wish that they would have released the XP bugfix when they had it ready. It has literally killed my desire to play the game and is, in my eyes, a game-breaking bug. There are many quests that are Green for me, but I still get no XP for them. Instead, they decide to put it in an already delayed patch, in essence postponing a crucial fix. That is dumb in my opinion. I have experience in Software Development, and if a previous patch breaks something, you immediately release a hotfix, or "Rx pack" as some call it to fix it, not compile it into the next patch...

Time to face the truth, there's no "hotfix", never has been. If CDPR really had the hotfix ready they would release it.

I'd like to wish best luck and good work to CDPR, at least if people are getting mad is 'cause they felt in love with the game, hope to get soon the opportunity to play it in all it's glory and refined state.
Hang in there we all, developers caught into the shitstorm, and player caught into the bugstorm, it can't rain forever (or fps drops to 20 :D)...

Lets be honest, 10 years ago you could NOT release a game this buggy, you couldnt patch the console version...ever. I remember how stable games were then, now, EVERY major release has game breaking problems. In any other market, this would be illegal and constitute false advertising. I think they should pass a law preventing companies from releasing buggy trash becuase it fucks over people who dont have access to broadband at home ( still cant get it where i live in tennessee)

So, any news on this today from marcin or otherwise? God knows when this will come to PS4, but I've held off playing for a week, I can hold on a little longer.

Because we will be working through the long weekend if needed to release the patch ASAP.
By your own comment the patch was due today "at the lalest" and that's why the hotfix wasn't released.

if there are now problems delaying the patch then please release the hotfix ASAP.

Last edited:
Time to face the truth, there's no "hotfix", never has been. If CDPR really had the hotfix ready they would release it.

There is no "hotfix" you ignorant and annoying child. It's so beyond obvious that you come from World of Warcraft. Single player games do not do hotfixes.

Either shut up and be patient, or at least stop annoying people on this forum.

Lets be honest, 10 years ago you could NOT release a game this buggy, you couldnt patch the console version...ever. I remember how stable games were then, now, EVERY major release has game breaking problems. In any other market, this would be illegal and constitute false advertising. I think they should pass a law preventing companies from releasing buggy trash becuase it fucks over people who dont have access to broadband at home ( still cant get it where i live in tennessee)

Games 10 years ago were also trivial compared to the games today. Its a fact, as software gets more complex, bugs are inevitable. Nothing anyone can do about that. Bugs exist in every piece of software you use, period. You might not know about them or haven't encountered them, but they exist. The ones patched are just the ones that are discovered. Said patches have the possibility of creating more bugs. A "bug" is, by definition, a software defect that has been discovered.

They can have all the time they need as long as they can fix the ledge climbing bug. Now THAT is a game breaker.

Top Bottom