CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
Guys, stop complaining! As a programmer I can assure you that this game must be one of the hardest thing to test and debug. Normally in other games you have either open world with choices that affect it marginally (skyrim) or linear world and choices affecting a lot (the walking dead). I think this is first game that implement BOTH of these features (which makes it so amazing) .You must understand that it generates INCREADIBLY HUGE AMOUNT OF POSSIBILITIES (each quest can be done in any order, but on the other hand there are manny choices that influent it). More possibilites = higher risk that some bug will not get spotted! Apart from that this game is HUGE which makes it even harder.

I am actually surprised that it still very stable and reliable and in main part bug-free. Also the cd project team is not as big as many of you think - they only have 2 offices where one of them has been opened only 2 years ago. I am sure they do the best they could, but you have to understand that finding and fixing bugs in code is very hard and unpredictable (sometimes fixing one thing may cause problems in other areas) so they have to test it very carefully.

For all of you guys complaining I suggest that instead of whinning all the time take a look how to code, then you'll see how difficult this shit is.

Kuba, I'm a dev too and I know it's hard and how change a little thing can break lot of others, even for so smaller apps. It's clear that I prefer wait the right time and have a stable product. And I know how hard CDPR dev team can work.

However, what is totally unacceptable for people who paid for a product is to have this product totally broken. The game isn't stable at all and is unplayable for a lot of people, sorry. All we have it's a public bêta game which we paid for.

It's unacceptable all the CDPR lies prelaunch to keep sales (no downgrad / previous gameplay, game free of bug at launch). CDPR completely fooled its buyers.

It's totally unacceptable post launch, after purchased a broken game to have a fake support team which deny most of issues poeple report them. These buyers fooled just before by buying a broken are fooled again by another lies. Lot of lies no?
People just hope for a working game and what they have? Deny and lies with no hope for solving issues which prevent them to play the game they paid.

It's unacceptable that CDPR lie again about release date about the patch just to gain time. Just say "we are sorry and are working hard to resolved issues. We'll released a patch a soon as possible" and it's ok.

CDPR fooled completely the people who make them live and they definitely deserve all this moaning and all those complains.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
This is BS. Video game like any other product, should be completed on release. Sure, some things may be missed by the code monkeys, but its only ok if its a minor thing. Game effecting/breaking bugs, piling up one after another for days, 3 patches so far, and general instability means, it shouldnt be released yet, and its not what we paid for. We paid for a full, properly working product. Im ready to forgive minor flaws, but having to wait to use the stuff I own, because someone has to fix it after they already sold it, is not something to be expected.
Now Im getting my full money worth on valid ranting. If you dont want people to rant, do your job better. Nuff said.
YES PLEASE COMPARE A GAME WITH A SHOE! For example, and think about how long it takes to fit it for youre feets,Gollum...sorry 4 being rude..
Compare it to a Movie...i guess you could do anything....in a movie^^
Sorry Kid

Patch'll be done when it's done. After the amount of time that the team has worked on Witcher 3 they more than deserve to have time off to spend with their families.

Better that they take their time and test the changes that are made to check for knock on effects rather than rush a patch out the door for a bunch of impatient, whining brats.

To the dev team. Thank you for your continued efforts to patch Witcher 3. Take the time though to spend with friends and family. You've all more than earned it. The rest of us can stand to wait.

you know who else used that slogan "when it's done". 3d realms for duke nukem forever

---------- Updated at 10:17 PM ----------

YES PLEASE COMPARE A GAME WITH A SHOE! For example, and think about how long it takes to fit it for youre feets,Gollum...sorry 4 being rude..
Sorry Kid
if i go to a theater and the movie theater has a malfunction that prevents the film from being played to the end you can bet your ass people will demand a return and that they would get it

if i go to a theater and the movie theater has a malfunction that prevents the film from being played to the end you can bet your ass people will demand a return and that they would get it
And the Theater give you a second try....without paying money

Sorry Kid

Wrong Thanks and Red Point, it wasn't for you sorry.

So basicaly, whoever paid his money to buy a game, and cannot play it right now is a gollum, oblivious to the ways of the world/business, wrongly stating that people should get what they actually paid for, and everyone smitten to the ground by a bucketful of heavy-duty bugs is a kid/should grow up/should be patient.
If patching all this, is taking more and more time, it means that W3 is not ready yet by itself.

Come on. Im no asshole, I just dont fancy being treated like a moron, especialy when Im enjoying both the game and the overall CDPR's work on this title. Im not saying sod off lads, Im saying get your shit together fix this nonsense in a timely manner.

I think youre right, but then no.

I think those threads have to be cause some of us have good ideas, the others may not...but to say shut down those discussions isnt the right way....
Just Filter it for youre self, like others and even CDPR...i hope so!

---------- Updated at 10:42 PM ----------

So basicaly, whoever paid his money to buy a game, and cannot play it right now is a gollum, oblivious to the ways of the world/business, wrongly stating that people should get what they actually paid for, and everyone smitten to the ground by a bucketful of heavy-duty bugs is a kid/should grow up/should be patient.
If patching all this, is taking more and more time, it means that W3 is not ready yet by itself.

Come on. Im no asshole, I just dont fancy being treated like a moron, especialy when Im enjoying both the game and the overall CDPR's work on this title. Im not saying sod off lads, Im saying get your shit together fix this nonsense in a timely manner.

And what did you think they do?
Did you think they lough there ass off like other companies who shit money?
This is a Polish "Newcomer Company" maybe 10 years old and have maybe 150 peopel working with Bandai/Namco in the backround,,,
its just wrong to condemn them....

go ahead and talk about ubisoft,EA,take2 and so on....

BTW: I just wait "FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE" right now, like all of us...
but then...
will this be the last patch?
i just hope the next patch will do the trick...
cause then it would be like...again a patch and it didnt fix this and that...
wow Im F***** confused...what would be better...fast and smaller issius be fixed or slower... or did they have to work 24/7 right now cause they are so dumb...dumb polish peopel...mein führer hätte es besser gemacht *ironie aus*

Last edited:
All these angry gamers having their live ruined... It's really delicious!
I wished the XP bug was never fixed so we could enjoy years of complaining.

Just got an inside info about the date when the patch will be released.

When it's ready.
They will not trust you!

:facepalm::scold:

---------- Updated at 11:22 PM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaH4W1rY9us
just for a quick pause:huh:

I think the patch will be released in a bundle with Half Life 3.
Best possible way: Friday/Saturday
Realistic way: Tuesday

Honestly, the issue here is bundling a critical update like the XP bug fix with such a large patch. I don't think anyone would care as much if they had just released the hotfix first, then 1.05 weeks later.

Still, I'll come up with something to get around this bug, because I refuse to let it stop me from enjoying the game! Especially with a long weekend coming up.

Last edited:
All these angry gamers having their live ruined... It's really delicious!
I wished the XP bug was never fixed so we could enjoy years of complaining.

You really are retarded, aren't you?
Why do they allow people with mental deficiencies to go on the internet?

There is no "hotfix" you ignorant and annoying child. It's so beyond obvious that you come from World of Warcraft. Single player games do not do hotfixes.

Either shut up and be patient, or at least stop annoying people on this forum.

Calling someone a child, and telling them to shut up - so classy! I must admit I am glad I annoyed such a horrible person as you.

There is no "hotfix" you ignorant and annoying child. It's so beyond obvious that you come from World of Warcraft. Single player games do not do hotfixes.

Either shut up and be patient, or at least stop annoying people on this forum.

The amount of fail and idiocy in this post astonishes me. No hotfixes in single player games? HA you obviously haven't bin playing many games. Please follow your own advice and shut up :)

Marcin already said that it wasn't built as a hotfix, it was fully integrated into the 1.05 patch and to split it out would be a very large amount of work.

From my experience with patching code (admittedly just business software) it's likely to be true, the fix was probably made by a single developer in his local environment, it was then committed to their main code line when the decision to release it all together was made, meaning there likely isn't a way to just get that fix now.

That's life folks, we will get it when it's ready

Top Bottom