CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
Hate to burst your bubble, this game would not exist if it wasn't for CDPR so trying to bash them just shows you either LOVE the game so thank you CDPR or you're bored because you could easily pick up another game and play it till they "patch" lol

Because we will be working through the long weekend if needed to release the patch ASAP.

Anyone else think its funny...he has posted every day this week about the patch except today, the holiday that he said they would be working through... :/

Not trying to be an ass...just saying :)

Hate to burst your bubble, this game would not exist if it wasn't for CDPR so trying to bash them just shows you either LOVE the game so thank you CDPR or you're bored because you could easily pick up another game and play it till they "patch" lol

I have to agree to some extent.

Many people are frustrated that they're having minor/major issues with the game but going on a raging rampage across the forums won't help anyone.
Best to play other games until it's sorted out, or sell the game/return it (if possible) for a refund. If that's not possible then it's a kick-in-the-face lesson to not buy games early on, since issues are a standard thing now, sadly.
I bought the game on release day and have only managed to play 15 minutes of it due to some minor issues which personally bug me to no end, my heart goes out to those who can't even start the game, but i'm just playing other games while waiting for patches. Trust me, it helps, rather than being frustrated day in, day out.

So...
A lot of religious debate, references to terrorism and other totally off-topic and highly offensive posts just got deleted. Any more and the thread will be locked and several people will be facing bans.

Couple things:

The patch is being worked on. Yes, yes it is. It's big and complex and there are many, many issues. It may even break things that aren't broken already. Welcome to the world of complex software.

CDPR loves most of you and wants you to be happy. They love Witcher even more than you do and want everyone to love it as much. But they are neither gods nor magicians and this stuff takes time.

No, they don't work 24/7 for your entertainment pleasure.

All of that said, GoG and Steam have quite good return policies. Don't like your product? Return it. That's your option as a consumer.

The forums are not here as a complaint department, something I've said before. If you are unhappy, say it ONCE. Say it POLITELY. And then move on.

Or you will be gone and the rest of us will go back to the game we love. Which will be patched, yes.

Edit: I edited the poll because suggesting that anyone around here is lying to you, even Marcin, annoys the hell out of me. Also it's against the rules. Feel free to refresh yourself on them, but here's a clue:

Don't accuse people of lying, dishonesty, fraud, theft, vote rigging, blackmail or anything else, frankly. This isn't a court and we don't like a community filled with slurs and hatred.

Last edited:
The forums are not here as a complaint department, something I've said before. If you are unhappy, say it ONCE. Say it POLITELY. And then move on.

All I can say is thank you. I really appreciate you taking a stand on this because its become quite toxic in my opinion lately with the constant complaining and flaming of those who love the game. Glad to know where you stand! :D Have a wonderful day/night friend.

-Z

Last edited:
Does everyone have to create a thread bashing/asking about the patch?
If you want to play the game that bad then didn't CDPR do something right so let them patch right!

SNIP

Edit: I edited the poll because suggesting that anyone around here is lying to you, even Marcin, annoys the hell out of me. Also it's against the rules. Feel free to refresh yourself on them, but here's a clue:

I've no problems with most of the other things you said.
I have no qualms with waiting for a patch and I understand patching a game takes time.

And I may think the "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything" mentality is absurd and ridiculous, but those are CDProjekt's forums and they're allowed to set their rules to disallow it.

However, there are two big points to point out.

One. There was no suggestion, we were told a lie. On a tweet, it was said the patch would come out on Tuesday or Wednesday, that's a fact.
Now, of course, understanding the development processes, one understands and forgives that as an optimistic date which couldn't be followed through. Doesn't mean it wasn't a lie and it does excuse people being kind of dicks. No one likes missed deadlines.

Two. This is the internet. It IS a court. Even in the friendliest communities, those who step out and incite the anger of the community will be judged, that doesn't make a community hateful as long as people contain their slurs. It tends to keep people honest. Specially PR people too eager to say things they can't live up to.

Couple things:

The patch is being worked on. Yes, yes it is. It's big and complex and there are many, many issues. It may even break things that aren't broken already. Welcome to the world of complex software.

CDPR loves most of you and wants you to be happy. They love Witcher even more than you do and want everyone to love it as much. But they are neither gods nor magicians and this stuff takes time.

No, they don't work 24/7 for your entertainment pleasure.

All of that said, GoG and Steam have quite good return policies. Don't like your product? Return it. That's your option as a consumer.

Or you will be gone and the rest of us will go back to the game we love. Which will be patched, yes.

Don't accuse people of lying, dishonesty, fraud, theft, vote rigging, blackmail or anything else, frankly. This isn't a court and we don't like a community filled with slurs and hatred.

Hey man, while I respect both your position as a moderator, and your opinion/feelings as part of this community, I don't think there's a need to resort to down-talking people just because they're frustrated. Of course not everyone is going to be able to stay zen and be patient and supportive. The frustration and expectation leads to flipping out, we're human, this happens.

I'd also appreciate it if you wouldn't tell me what I love and how much I love it. People might be de-valuing Marcin, but I don't get why. At the end of the day, he's a community manager, and he's handling a rough situation. While I'm not saying any of this is 100% excusable, can we please try to understand the fact that he's not in the position of a developer, or a QA Lead, and he's giving all the information he humanly can? We shouldn't even be in a situation where mods have to step in and remove posts, or possibly lock threads that were initially made with good intentions.

I honestly can't even tell you how many hours of my life were spent on W1, W2, grinning like a little kid, and sometimes crying like one, cuz damn, these games hold no punches. Bottom line from my POV: Yes, I'm frustrated. I have a quest bugged that stops me from being able to continue an adventure that had sucked me in so much, and the sudden stop is horrendous for a game so well-paced, immersive and downright addictive. So while we're doing our best to understand CDPR and support them, I don't think it's too much to ask the same in return. It's not as simple as a refund and you know it, because people get so invested in these things, myself included. You couldn't PAY me any amount of money to NOT play the game. Be it now, or if it's patched 3 years from now.

Anyways, always good to hear from any of you guys. Take care and I hope everyone enjoys their weekend; regardless of being able to play the game.

Merging this with the other thread about the patch release date. Considering PUNISHMENTS for thread spamming.

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

Hey man, while I respect both your position as a moderator, and your opinion/feelings as part of this community, I don't think there's a need to resort to down-talking people just because they're frustrated. Of course not everyone is going to be able to stay zen and be patient and supportive. The frustration and expectation leads to flipping out, we're human, this happens.

Sure it does. And when it gets out of hand, people go away. That's my job. Regardless of how frustrated they are or how entitled they may feel to those feelings, if they dump them here, they go bye bye.

First comes down-talking. Then Ponies. Then adios, muchachos.

With love, of course. Sweet, sweet sticky, banny love.

Merging this with the other thread about the patch release date. Considering PUNISHMENTS for thread spamming.

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

Sure it does. And when it gets out of hand, people go away. That's my job. Regardless of how frustrated they are or how entitled they may feel to those feelings, if they dump them here, they go bye bye.

First comes down-talking. Then Ponies. Then adios, muchachos.

With love, of course. Sweet, sweet sticky, banny love.

*facepalm*

Last edited by a moderator:
So many well adjusted adults in the gaming community. It's heart warming. That people actually completely lose it over getting to play a game a bit later than they expected is bordering on creepy.

So many well adjusted adults in the gaming community. It's heart warming. That people actually completely lose it over getting to play a game a bit later than they expected is bordering on creepy.

Although I may not disagree with you, ( although my Pony issues are also creepy - but that's the POINT), you ahve to consider if your post contributed anything worthwhile or was primarily antagonistic?

Remember - if it's not constructive, funny or non-repetitively supportive, re-consider posting it. Probably not make things better.

Not that I'm really picking on just your post, Lemon - lots of posts here qualify for that.

That's what turns threads into shitfests, just before we start the whole lock/edit/ban process.

Top Bottom