CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
Although I may not disagree with you, ( although my Pony issues are also creepy - but that's the POINT), you ahve to consider if your post contributed anything worthwhile or was primarily antagonistic?

Remember - if it's not constructive, funny or non-repetitively supportive, re-consider posting it. Probably not make things better.

Not that I'm really picking on just your post, Lemon - lots of posts here qualify for that.

That's what turns threads into shitfests, just before we start the whole lock/edit/ban process.

Why would you do that?
Why ' censor' people are frustrated, and rightly so.

First of all, the no XP bug is annoying, but you can still play, and enjoy everything - there are work arounds but it's annoying nonetheless.
But the bug that seems to be overlooked the most is the infinite loading bug, in Lord Undvik, where you have to battle something big and it just doesn't load.
How can you say, it's not game breaking?
Even IF you skip it, you'll miss a LOT of content, and are even unable to have the ending you might want.

And here's the whole problem we as a community have.
It was clearly stated, that the Hotfix would come on Monday and the Patch would come on Wednesday the latest.
Then the Hotfix was decided to be implemented in the patch, which was still planned for Wednesday.

Now it's Friday, and yes I am aware of the national holiday in Poland yesterday and also aware of the fact that a lot of people take a bridge day today.
So chances that we will see a patch today or even in the weekend are very slim.

Do we want the developers to work 24/7 not seeing their families?
No.
Do we want to have some more information regarding when the patch might be due, why it was stated Wednesday the latest as an sure thing?
Yes.

We are consumers, we have bought something, and for a lot of us the game is either not working properly or even broken.
If you buy an movie, and you have to skip 20 min half way trough, and the only option is waiting to get a new disc so you can actually see the story as it was intended by the movie makers with the promise/guarantee you'll get it in 5 day's and then suddenly it's uncertain when you'll get it.
While you still watch the movie without knowing the whole plot and maybe even missing something crucial?
Or will you complain that you want the product complete, and working as intended?

You and I and Us all know the difficulty into an big game like this, and we do not expect anything else then good communication and support.
And no matter how you bring it, the communication that was given to us last weekend was a blatant ball park guess, and not a sure thing.

Macin should have said from the beginning, we HOPE Wednesday but we cannot guarantee anything.
But he said, this week, Wednesday the latest.
People then get expectation and if on the day the communication suddenly goes silent, and no new information arises people tend to start getting suspicious.

So to sum it up.

We are annoyed/frustrated that we cannot play this awesome game.
And I believe strongly that we are allowed to express our frustration and want to know clear information.
Even if it's being said that the patch will be out next Wednesday and it's an guarantee I can promise you that 80% will accept it, and patiently wait.
It's the LACK of communication and the defending of the lack of communication that is pissing us off.

[Sard Edit: well, your belief doesn't actually run the forums. And you being pissed off will just get you shown the door, if you act on that anger around here.]

And if you want to ban people from the forums because they express their feelings, then maybe you should understand

[Sard Edit: Oh, I understand. Your post was pretty clear on how you feel, but a couple things: 1) your frustration or anyone's frustration, doesn't mean you get to skip the Rules. One of them is debating moderation. Another is being civil,
(which you pretty much were, but anyone banned, not so much)

2) Ponies are pretty!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you do that?

Yes these are frustrating issues. I think what he is trying to sensor is the slander, namecalling and frankly disgusting insults that have popped up on here. Expressing frustration in an appropriate way is fine but being abusive towards the devs (or others) isn't. And rightly so. Just because I don't get my meal within 5 minutes at a restaurant doesn't give me the right to go and punch the manager.

Yes these are frustrating issues. I think what he is trying to sensor is the slander, namecalling and frankly disgusting insults that have popped up on here. Expressing frustration in an appropriate way is fine but being abusive towards the devs (or others) isn't. And rightly so. Just because I don't get my meal within 5 minutes at a restaurant doesn't give me the right to go and punch the manager.

With that i completely agree.
I have to admit I am not aware how many posts had slander, or just plain being abbusive.
Even frustration can be written/said in a constructive normal way.

@Blubban

Interesting post. We don't -generally- get to debate it when a moderator says "no, stop" around here, though. BECAUSE I AM AWESOME, I left the rest of your post mostly intact and a reminder to people:

Rules. Look them Up.

Civil: be that.

Moderation: don't argue about it, or if you do, do it verrrrrrrry carefully.

I don't actually care how frustrated people are, if they use that as their reason or excuse to come in here and make trouble or lose their tempers. Just so we're clear on that.

I don't actually care that you bought a product or you invested time into it or you were a big fan, if you show up here to vent, well, that's bad and you're, ( not you, Blubban, but the angry slandererers) gone.

Not A Complaints Department.

Last edited:
Why would you do that?

If you check hes not cencoring anyone thats properly expressing themselves also i dont know if you noticed but at busy hours there are 99999 new threads about this every hour which is turning the tech support section in to a spam graveyard.

It's the LACK of communication and the defending of the lack of communication that is pissing us off.
Its not about defending lack of communication its about defending a guy (Marcin) who doesnt have any fortune telling skills and gets all kinds of personel insults no matter what he does. He and CDPR gets a shitstorm if they dont give any etas and they get another shitstorm when theres a setback on their ETA. While the communication isnt perfect i cant give you many examples of devs paying this much attention to forums in many companies.
PS: These are my reasons and opinions on the matter mine alone not any majority, minority or groups. Also i am waiting for the patch aswell hoping to see 1-2 more frames from optimisation.

Today an official word would be appreciated... Patch today or after the weekend? I think that consumers deserve _at least_ the right to make plans for the weekend.

Omg English people have one big problem you are impatient as hell instead spamming here like stupid kids just do something else and wait.

After a week of doing "something else" I'm sick of waiting. We were promised Monday, that obviously didn't happen. I'd appreciate a word from Marcin, but he's been playing hide and seek for a while now. I call that unprofessional.

Omg English people have one big problem you are impatient as hell instead spamming here like stupid kids just do something else and wait.

I am not English/American.
I am European, and currently residing in Poland, so your assumptions are wrong.

@Sardukhar
Altough I'm not sure if I am happy with you editing my post and putting in a n my little pony picture
I do agree with the fact that rules and common decency and respect is how everyone should act.

I was not aware of the slander and abusive language and I agree with the fact that those users should be taken care of in anyway the moderators see fit.

The only thing that's on my mind now, is will we get some official word today regarding the state of the Patch.

Last edited:
Today is holiday for CDPR, it's obvious. There was no one on forum yesterday and today with "red" name on list "Users Browsing this Forum" (except one person), they really don't care what's happening here. Now they don't need to work 24/7, because we paid for their broken game..

Last edited:
Today is holiday for CDPR, it's obvious. There was no one on forum yesterday and today with "red" name on list "Users Browsing this Forum" (except one person), they really don't care what's happaning here. Now they don't need to work 24/7.

No. That was yesterday, the problem is the prolly everyone in their office took a day off so they can be at home from Thursday to Sunday.

So much for working over the weekend.

Edit: You know I would love to see how they react when they come back and see what happens here. I guarantee that it'll be a bloodbath if they don't reply today.

Last edited:
No. That was yesterday, the problem is the prolly everyone in their office took a day of so they can be at home from Thursday to Sunday.

So much for working over the weekend.

That means patch well be released only on next week minimum. "Working hard", yeah

This reminds me so much of Tiberian Wars from EA a couple years ago. Everyone flamed for patches, wanting refunds and petitions and what not. After the patch was released, no one gave a fuck anymore.

The communication of CDPR is horrible the last two weeks and when the downgrad happened. But they are human after all, so give them time to make it right.

The communication of CDPR is horrible the last two weeks and when the downgrad happened. But they are human after all, so give them time to make it right.

well are they? still no comment on pop ins and LOD and more than lousy ones regarding the patch.
also i remember being said that they would work during the long weekend well sure doesnt look like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom