CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

+

CDPR trust poll - do you believe we'll have the patch today?

• I believe CDPR. And I don't want to accuse ANYone of lying or Sard will ban the hell out of me.

Votes: 79 19.3%
  • Starting to have my doubts about it :(

Votes: 295 72.0%
  • I love it when Sard edits polls. His well known hatred of free speech is a modern dialectic miracle.

Votes: 13 3.2%
  • Is that..is that a Pony I see?

Votes: 23 5.6%

• Total voters
well are they? still no comment on pop ins and LOD and more than lousy ones regarding the patch.

So youre basically saying that their communication is bad. Yes, I already wrote that.

And of course, they're humans. They make mistakes, they get overwelmed by unexpected failures and bugs. Like everyone els, including you and me.

There is absolutely no point in flaming all day for several dozen pages. They wont push out the patch till it is done.

I'm leaving the country in a week or so to go travelling and I really want to finish the game before I go. If the patch doesn't come out in a week I won't be able to play it for a year.

That being said, I've enjoyed the heck out of what I've played so far (approx. 115 hours. of quests, side quests, contracts and ?). It absolutely completely sucks that the main quest is bugged for me (Lord of Undvik) so that I can't proceed. (I really don't care about the other bugs, as long as it's playable.)

If the patch comes before I go and I can finish it, great. If not then I'll be really disappointed.

But goddamnit I paid about $90 (Aus dollars) for 115 hours of enjoyment, when I pay about $15 for a 2 hour movie. If you got even a few hours out of it I feel like you got your money's worth and at least you have some time to wait! If it's unplayable from the start, I get it, go get your refund but if you've sat down and enjoyed it for even a little bit it was probably worth it (and eventually you'll get even more out of it! And free DLC!) so whatever. eugh.

I'm leaving the country in a week or so to go travelling and I really want to finish the game before I go. If the patch doesn't come out in a week I won't be able to play it for a year.

That being said, I've enjoyed the heck out of what I've played so far (approx. 115 hours. of quests, side quests, contracts and ?). It absolutely completely sucks that the main quest is bugged for me (Lord of Undvik) so that I can't proceed. (I really don't care about the other bugs, as long as it's playable.)

If the patch comes before I go and I can finish it, great. If not then I'll be really disappointed.

But goddamnit I paid about $90 (Aus dollars) for 115 hours of enjoyment, when I pay about $15 for a 2 hour movie. If you got even a few hours out of it I feel like you got your money's worth and at least you have some time to wait! If it's unplayable from the start, I get it, go get your refund but if you've sat down and enjoyed it for even a little bit it was probably worth it (and eventually you'll get even more out of it! And free DLC!) so whatever. eugh.

If the bug you are experiencing is the XP bug, you can still finish the game before you leave. It's been posted several times. I've been playing as well, for a few hours a night and leveled from 15 to 20 in Novigrad. I just went to Skellige and did experience a crash bug on PC during the cutscene, but I just reloaded my save and was able to get through it the second play-through.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm just taking my time...doing a ton of side quests. I'm no where near the 115 hours you've invested so you must be quite over-leveled for finishing the game.

Edit: BTW, when the game "crashed" during the Skellige cut scene, I noticed that the CPU was maxed out on the game (switched to task manager). I ended the task and reloaded and it went through fine the second time. But it was interesting that the CPU usage was getting hit so hard by it... I wonder if there's some kind of infinite loop happening. Anyway, thought I would share.

Last edited:
If the bug you are experiencing is the XP bug, you can still finish the game before you leave. It's been posted several times. I've been playing as well, for a few hours a night and leveled from 15 to 20 in Novigrad. I just went to Skellige and did experience a crash bug on PC during the cutscene, but I just reloaded my save and was able to get through it the second play-through.

I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm just taking my time...doing a ton of side quests. I'm no where near the 115 hours you've invested so you must be quite over-leveled for finishing the game.

Edit: BTW, when the game "crashed" during the Skellige cut scene, I noticed that the CPU was maxed out on the game (switched to task manager). I ended the task and reloaded and it went through fine the second time. But it was interesting that the CPU usage was getting hit so hard by it... I wonder if there's some kind of infinite loop happening. Anyway, thought I would share.

Thanks man but nah it's not the XP bug, it's the black infinite loading screen and I don't have a save before that quest! Tried to go and do the various fixes (like losing a certain fist fight etc.) but it was a no go.

I think I definitely am over-levelled! :) I did 100% of Velen/Novigrad (except for the question marks you can't access that are unlocked later in the story at Bald Mountain) and all the Witcher contracts everywhere. I'm currently slogging my way through all the question marks in Skellige.

I quit my job before I leave so I can organise my life but ended up mostly playing Witcher, hence a crazy play time. Probably a good thing I can't play for a bit...

Thanks man but nah it's not the XP bug, it's the black infinite loading screen and I don't have a save before that quest! Tried to go and do the various fixes (like losing a certain fist fight etc.) but it was a no go.

I think I definitely am over-levelled! :) I did 100% of Velen/Novigrad (except for the question marks you can't access that are unlocked later in the story at Bald Mountain) and all the Witcher contracts everywhere. I'm currently slogging my way through all the question marks in Skellige.

I quit my job before I leave so I can organise my life but ended up mostly playing Witcher, hence a crazy play time. Probably a good thing I can't play for a bit...

Sucks that it's the infinite loading screen bug... hopefully they get the patch out before you head out. Good luck and safe travels!

Played with Marcin's twitter background

Make sure that he sees this xD twitter it to him or something XD

And dammit why can't i change my vote in polls ;-; the newly added options are better

Well, it seems that some people forget that behind developers, there are humans (yeah with family and stuff). Even if you love your job, you need a rest sometime. How many of you would be mad if your boss told you to work on a 4 days break ? Many I guess.

The xp bug is not a "game breaking" (unlike bugged main quest and you are stuck). People are still able to finish the game with it. The main problem that I see (and maybe is underestimated by devs) is that it touches the reward mechanism, and this mechanism is REALLY important. Think about games like Diablo, it is almost all based on that. You play to gain equipment, experience, gold etc... and not receive this reward when you should induce frustration. Actually I am a little bit frustated when I spend 40 minutes on a quest and get nothing (even if the quest was great), so as you, I am waiting for this patch. But insulting devs is not acceptable and will not relase this patch faster.

If this bug was easily fixable, I think that devs should have released it quickly (also knowing that this big week end was there). But maybe it is not that simple, a bit more communication would have been nice, even to tell us that the patch will not come this week (unexpected shit happens sometimes).

Still like you guys ! Combat, quests, environment are amazing, can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 :)

Make sure that he sees this xD twitter it to him or something XD

And dammit why can't i change my vote in polls ;-; the newly added options are better

He's most likely laying low for now, so maybe he'll see it if someone links it to him directly, I mean if he does give an update people are gonna say stuff like "you've already lied before blah blah so why should we believe you?". I mean just look at all the posts hating on him and the cd projekt team even when they've been silent so as to not make things worse, and I know what you mean I wanted to change my vote for the ponies lol.

The problem with the silent approach they seem to be taking is that it's following information that was incorrect, this makes it look dishonest to some or that they are scrambling blindly in the dark (neither being a good thing). If they had been relatively silent I don't think it would have flared up this badly (there would have been still drama, there always is but to this degree?), but I suppose the lesson here is don't commit unless certain.

Of course there could be other reasons for the silence. Some could be on holiday.
Either way I don't see this patch coming out until next week, I would love to be suprised but at this stage I'm not even hedging my bets on early next week. I doubt console players will see their patch until the 16th.

Even I now think that they've been quiet about this a bit too long. Not that I'm suffering from the lack of a patch, I AM however after the UI changes. They oughta give a progress report at the very least.

Even I now think that they've been quiet about this a bit too long. Not that I'm suffering from the lack of a patch, I AM however after the UI changes. They oughta give a progress report at the very least.

I must have been away quite a bit, if even you think they've been quiet too long. I'm on the same boat pretty much, I haven't really encountered any of the bugs except the exp one which I didn't notice till I finished the game and looked through the forums lol. So far for me, the exp patch is the last thing on my bug fix list. I'm just looking forward to all the other updates coming with the patch.

Quite honestly I was expecting more votes on the pony. It's weekend now and unless CDPR likes or feels obliged and make their employees do some overtime, we'll be waiting until next week.

Oh, everyone can complain. Welcome to!

Once.

Politely.

Civilly.

Don't spam, don't troll, don't flame. Don't fight those who do.

I myself have politely complained about the )*%$&$*@)@)%*%_@($_@_$($($( ($()@*$ @_)@_)@_ ( I typed that out by hand) auto-sheathing. Also about the controls, before you could rebind them.

Patch drop...NO idea. CDPR wants you to have it ASAP. They also don't want it to turn your system or game into goo.

I've enjoyed the people demanding a patch now, often followed by the people saying CDPR should have waited to release Wild Hunt until it had no issues.

Can't have both! Hey, just pretend it hasn't been released yet!

I'm being facetious, but really, if you bought the game and you -cannot- play, believe that CDPR is trying to fix that for you. Of course they are!

This isn't moderation, this is abusement of power of a perfectly democratic poll (albeit with slightly biased alternatives). As far as I know, most of the complaints have been gathered in 2 threads. This one and the 1.05 ETA thread. Most of us are perfectly civil when taking the current climate and situation into account. You, sir.. should be fired for treating customers with genuine grievances like spoiled children.
By belittling our concerns you yourself, are in fact, helping to facilitate the same behaviour that you are against.

Top Bottom