CDPR wants to add transsexual V in the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of transexual talk going on about this game and I want CDPR to know i don't want any crying game business in my play through. i dont mess with that.
and also i think its a waste of resources since transexuals see themselves either as full blown women or men. no point in adding transexual V, you do one wrong step with that and its gonna blow up into a mess its too tricky and messy better leave it alone.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/trans-characters

Totally in favor: it doesn't hurt me, it makes some people happy (who is a trans, who is not and just wants to role play as a trans and who just cares for trans people), it fits with the cyberpunk setting, it doesn't require much work to do (just make voice and body type separate choices and you're pretty much done). Win win.

This thread is gonna be shut down forever really soon. :ROFLMAO:

It makes a lot of sense in that setting and shouldn't take too much resources. More options are always good and it won't affect people who don't want/like it. I just don't like it being announced now. It makes it look like they bowed down to that lowlives on twitter and that disgusting forum. CDPR really needs to stop explaining themselves and make the game they want to do and let it speak for itself.

Actual snippet from the Cyberpunk 2020 manual:

Is this because of that ad? Please don't. The person is androgynous. You can just make your character pretty. I'm sure male V will be able to wear makeup and whatever too.

It makes sense in the setting, but it also requires in-game recognition. And that’s such a volatile topic, that I wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole. You can’t touch the topic objectively. Put one word or action ”wrong”, and you have an army of delusional purplehaired twitter/resetera hypocrites spitting all over you. It’s already started with much less apparent matters. You can’t win with those people.

Last edited:
It makes sense in the setting, but it also requires in-game recognition. And that’s such a volatile topic, that I wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole. You can’t touch the topic objectively. Put one word or action ”wrong”, and you have an army of delusional purplehaired twitter hypocrites spitting all over you. It’s already started with much less apparent matters.
The people who are complaining about this kind of stuff will never be satisfied. They will always complain about something.

Just a preemptive reminder about forum rules, especially those concerning political discussions and respectful language. The former should be avoided while the latter is encouraged. Otherwise - trouble.

I fully support the idea of adding trans-genderism to the game, as well as many other aspects of social constructs that enchance roleplaying, just because it's controversial doesn't mean it has to be censored or removed.

I'm not against it as such, it just seems like a roleplay thing, that wouldn't effect the game much. People may react differently to male V and female V, but in a world where some people go around as dragons, even if you knew a person was trans, I don't think a trans-woman would be treated differently from any other woman.

From a character creation perspective, is there any reason to have two identical models with just a prefix?

Maybe I'm talking out of my arse, I don't know.

I don't mind the possibilities of the world, crocodile skin, cat fangs, steel cocks. Chosing a female voice for a male body i.e. though doesn't really have anything to do with transgender, because that's the opposite of what transgender want to achieve (if possible). I mean I met a woman who stayed in her male body because she knew a transition wouldn't make much sense to her, because the goal couldn't really be achieved. That's different in Cyberpunk, where it's no problem at all to get an extreme make-over.

I don't have an issue though with the character creator, not much different to creators that exist before where it simply wasn't greyed out (which happened from time to time, without intention). It's weird though how the term "transgender" is used for everything without second thought. Same with the girl with the dick on the poster. This jumping to conclusions isn't really great.

*sighs* Why i am not surprised this happens?

Anyhow, i have faith CDPR will not shoehorn this in, it ll be in the game
you even might have the option for your character (later on) and that is
completely fine. *shrugs* nuff said i think.

As many already stated here, just look at the Source material, during the course of the game
you ll have so many options to alterate your playermodel it is insane.

Of course that comes with the cost of losing humanity.

Last edited:
Chosing a female voice for a male body i.e. though doesn't really have anything to do with transgender, because that's the opposite of what transgender want to achieve (if possible).
you give the choice, and the player decides. there's all the genderfluid stuff and who knows what each individual wants. It's not like you need to code too much:
1) choose body type
2) adjust sliders so you make what you want in details (to some extent)
3) choose your voice (male/female)

Simple as that.

I agree with who said you don't really need to make NPCs recognize your charachter's gender:
1) it sounds very common in a cyberpunk setting with people having a chromed skin and tails
2) you want to avoid problems in real life, you can't make these things right nowadays

Guest 3847602

Don't really care, it won't affect me in the slightest (just like the inclusion of gay romances). If the you can make it work and development of other, more important aspects of the game doesn't suffer in the process, then sure, go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm indifferent towards the idea. But it seems to be such a toxic topic, that I can only wish good luck in case they decide to touch it.

It makes sense in the setting, but it also requires in-game recognition. And that’s such a volatile topic, that I wouldn’t touch it with a 10-foot pole. You can’t touch the topic objectively. Put one word or action ”wrong”, and you have an army of delusional purplehaired twitter/resetera hypocrites spitting all over you. It’s already started with much less apparent matters. You can’t win with those people.

Recently, there was a kerfuffle within the atheist community over comments made about transgenders in sports by a prominent atheist voice, which I discussed with others at length on other forums. I am now reduced to referring to individuals as XX's or XY's when discussing transgenders. One thing I found out, XY transgenders are way much louder than XX transgenders.

There was a lot of backlash against this prominent voice in the atheist community, but it didn't come exclusively from XY transgenders, it also came from many others who think that, if you don't fully embrace everything transgender, you are a transphobic bigot.

How does that tie in with CDPR and CP2077? Well, if CDPR decides to breach the subject, expect backlash over it. And be sure no matter what they do, CDPR is not going to get XY transgenders right.

In the great scheme of things, I don't think this will affect CP2077 significantly sales wise, but it will affect it somehow.

I don't get why this is even a thread, or why we're even referring to anything 'trans'.

This is a game where you can slap different gubbins onto your body and it's the most normal thing in the world. We've come far enough in CP77 where I think all traces of personal identity have long since been erased. If that makes anyone living in our world happy, then good on them!

This thread merely seeks to pull what the game tries to do, back into the political controversy of our world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom