CDPR, you are making it hard to love this game

+
So I was murdering street hobos today as a netrunner, when suddenly my quickhacks stopped working, gangers stopped dying (as in - they became immortal), and then the FPS dropped into an unplayable slideshow. 5, 10 FPS.

Turns out this is a known issue caused by... legendary quickhacks.

Unplayable FPS-Drops using Legendary QuickHacks | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

How... HOW could this game continue to be in a state where using the main tools of one of the best known cyberpunk paths causes the game to become unplayable?

And especially when this has been reported since at least mid December?

And yay, because there is no way to respect attribute points, only perks, I can't switch out of Intelligence into something else.

I read in an article recently that the CDPR devs though 2022 was a reasonable launch window for this game. Yeah, I'm feeling that.

Its still really rough and I play ubisoft games. Sure they are more shallow with character building but ol Ubisoft must have people power and strict pillars/guide lines of development.

I love Cyberpunk so much I sorta want a better studio to finish the development. Whatever was on the Ps4 disc, that game build.. Guess I'll never understand how they sold it to me. The ideal of Cyberpunk is the only aspect keeping me in my 250hrs dayone savegame.. I walked through the empty Pacifica stadium and felt that the Cyberpunk ideal will never be met, or I'll play 500 hours of the alpha and have no interest in playing the actual Cyberpunk, when it is ready.

It caused a lot of grief, 2022 would have beenen better and CDPR wouldn't have been tainted.. IMO its taking too long as a dedicated player to see anything come to fruition that is greater than an alpha build of the game.. Makes me really sad inside.

You can play the game smooth if you never exceed 40mph.

Why did I buy a fast car? So I can live all that is wrong with Cyberpunk.

I'm not sure if I should still be pissed - but I'm still kinda pissed. It took some doing to figure out this problem. It didn't help that it showed up right after patch 1.11, so the obvious assumption was that the patch broke the game. I even reinstalled, hoping that would fix it. At one point I was wondering if my nervous system implants were firing continually and I was stuck in perpetual slo-mo.

Not sure what CDPR could have done in hindsight (other than fix their shit), but it seems kinda lousy that this landmine is sitting in the game waiting for unsuspecting fools like me. Maybe just... disable legendary cripple temporarily until it can be fixed?

I read on twitter it is about 40 Perks + other things like items that don't work. Some where there must be at least one list. I had the problem after 1.06 (XSX), thank god I just played 2 endings, 4 hours with that. It's really annoying and do be honest: I don't have the need to read hours in the internet to know what don't works.
a) I'm lazy (!)
b) the danger that you can catch a spoiler just by searching google is always there. I think I blowed RDR2 in this way and Heavy Rain, too. Searching for a puzzle-solution I read a comment on YT and knew who the murderer was - nice. Thx. Never finished the game :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is one hack that is bugged. Remove it and all the others work fine. The bug is in the tracker to be fixed.

Incredible. 'Just don't do the advertised thing and it will be fine. It's your fault, bro.' Just like the driving problems. 'Lol, you wouldn't drive like that IRL, right?" Or performance 'Heh, maybe you shouldn't have relied on the developer's required hardware sheet, here are my specs btw.'

Did they ever fix the Ping quick hack bug that prevents you from getting higher quality quickhacks? A quest item you can't remove; meaning you couldn't avoid it without debug console. I've heard people still aren't being awarded quickhacks from terminals.

Incredible. 'Just don't do the advertised thing and it will be fine. It's your fault, bro.' Just like the driving problems. 'Lol, you wouldn't drive like that IRL, right?" Or performance 'Heh, maybe you shouldn't have relied on the developer's required hardware sheet, here are my specs btw.'

Did they ever fix the Ping quick hack bug that prevents you from getting higher quality quickhacks? A quest item you can't remove; meaning you couldn't avoid it without debug console. I've heard people still aren't being awarded quickhacks from terminals.

If you want to take your frustrations out, I suggest doing something else rather than making hyperbolic straw-man posts that put words in to peoples mouths that they did not say. The OP needed help & information, was given help & information, and is now able to continue playing.

Use a pistol instead!

I only use pistol in the game. Well, maybe also a sniper in few cases. But initially you can play the entire game with just a pistol. You can actually also snipe with a pistol. Upgrade a pistol to max. and you're good to go.

I know, I know, not as much fun, right?

Had no issues with my hacker with a shotgun (or situationally even HMG), for those situation when attempt at stealth went bit awry. Or didn't wanted to do stealth. Had great time too.

The OP needed help & information, was given help & information, and is now able to continue playing.

Admittedly I also came here to bitch and complain.

Even so, I must say that Cyberpunk is probably my favorite game that I've every played, despite the many, many, many bugs. Not sure why - female V's voice performance? The fact that most flat surfaces are covered in dildos? Judy and Panam? Fighting cyberpsycho street samurai, katana vs. mantis blades?
Post automatically merged:

Just to close this one up, I just attacked some Tyger Claws, and with legendary Cripple Movement removed from my cyberdeck everything seems to be working fine.

So lesson to other nethackers: don't equip legendary Cripple Movement for a while until CDPR resolves the bug.

Last edited:
There's 4 perks related to Breach and Quickhacking listed there and none of them have anything to do with issue OP had, which was related to certain hack.

Just pointing out that you can't be sure it is only one hack that is bugged and all the others are working fine. Currently there is a need of bug research before attempting any kind of build or else you just faceroll the game with a vanilla toon without even knowing.

So I was murdering street hobos today as a netrunner, when suddenly my quickhacks stopped working, gangers stopped dying (as in - they became immortal), and then the FPS dropped into an unplayable slideshow. 5, 10 FPS.

Turns out this is a known issue caused by... legendary quickhacks.

Unplayable FPS-Drops using Legendary QuickHacks | Forums - CD PROJEKT RED

How... HOW could this game continue to be in a state where using the main tools of one of the best known cyberpunk paths causes the game to become unplayable?

And especially when this has been reported since at least mid December?

And yay, because there is no way to respect attribute points, only perks, I can't switch out of Intelligence into something else.

I read in an article recently that the CDPR devs though 2022 was a reasonable launch window for this game. Yeah, I'm feeling that.
Never had that... Strangely, I never had most of the bugs, be they funny or annoying. For me, the only thing devs funked up royally is "Living, breathing openworld with every NPC having their own routine..." :) But as I never belived a word in that statement, I'm fine... :)

Just pointing out that you can't be sure it is only one hack that is bugged and all the others are working fine.

So your only reason to post was to nitpick for no reason in a thread where the OP has resolved the main issue? The OP wanted help with the slideshow slowdown using QH, which is caused by cripple. The information I provided was correct in context, and helped the OP.

And yes I can be sure all the other legendary QH work, because I use them with my netrunner. I was simply unable to remember which specific QH caused the slowdowns.

So your only reason to post was to nitpick for no reason in a thread where the OP has resolved the main issue? The OP wanted help with the slideshow slowdown using QH, which is caused by cripple. The information I provided was correct in context, and helped the OP.

And yes I can be sure all the other legendary QH work, because I use them with my netrunner. I was simply unable to remember which specific QH caused the slowdowns.

Reason for posting was to point out that there might be more bugs than only one as I did not know about your deep experience with this play style. Got to thank you for going into detail and confirming this play style works as intended except for OP's problem. Had different experience with other play styles. Sorry to have bothered you:beer:

Will delete the post as it turned out it is not needed and the formatting is an abomination.

Last edited:
Top Bottom