CDPR you can still fix this.

+
CDPR will need to release road map of updates and DLCs planned.
This wait and trust us attitude is dead and gone.

I expect no less than:
1) Expanded main game questlines. I am sure you cut big chunks of it. Looking at you lackluster player background and 6 months montage.
2) Complete overhaul of the NPC and cop AI with wanted systems and a street cred system that means something
3) Complete overhaul of the gangs. We should be able to ally with them and fight other gangs and open up new questlines. This merc for anyone and get zero repercussion needs to stop.
4) Re-implementation of all the cut content and quality of life improvements. Like apartment customization, public transport, more activities like drinking, gambling, cyberpunk gwent, brain dances. And better romance! you promised we could hang out with our romantic interest and hangout with them in our apartment. Also how could I become a Night City legend but still live in my lame appartment?
5) Return all the customizations to the apartment, car and V. Make our changes mean something, the ripperdoc, besides the initial quest one are incredibly lame. Also no barber shop? no tattoo shop? Customizing my character should be a big deal. Replacing my flesh and blood arm for robotic arm with a canon in it should be huge event, one scene in a cinematic with consequences.

CDPR.
In the less than 10 days you have suffered the greatest downfall I have ever seen in gaming history. This is unprecedented.
So you need to do unprecedented fixes to reclaim your reputation.
Simply fixing the bugs is not enough.
You have to deliver the game you promised.
Even though your list sounds a little too much, what you said at the end ties it together.

This fall from grace IS unprecedented, the response in turn, must be too.

Dispite the company's share prices dropping by over 40% as of this post (NOT A GOOD SIGN)

I do have faith that this game will be amazing after 6mths to a year.

Just look at FO76 and No man's sky now.

But.... The taste of a poor release is still there, and not forgotten. And cyberpunk has gone farther by out right lying.

They have a long road ahead to bring the game they promised to the customers who believed in them.

The devs can certainly fix the game, they're a talented bunch, but I'm fairly sure there's no fixing the what management's done to their reputation.

the share drop is temporary, if CDPR make good fixes and add few features that people ask here on forums, then they will get back good will of community and shares will start rising.

the share drop is temporary, if CDPR make good fixes and add few features that people ask here on forums, then they will get back good will of community and shares will start rising.

You're not wrong but you're also ignoring the effect such a drop can have.

In the event the shares keep falling, it could severely slow down their efforts and capacities to fix the game. A 40% drop is major.

You're not wrong but you're also ignoring the effect such a drop can have.

In the event the shares keep falling, it could severely slow down their efforts and capacities to fix the game. A 40% drop is major.

well i am still stand strong untill January and February when those so called big "patch 1" and "patch 2" hits, if those doesnt meet the desires of people then i give up

Just booted up 1.05 on my PS4 Slim. I'm playing on an old 900p monitor. Wow the difference. Restarted the game and officially another 5 hours in. All I'm dealing with is frame drops and the occasional texture pop-in. This game is awesome and it will get better. Whats funny is the game was taken off the PSN store and then a day later it was fixed. Must kinda suck for all those that turned on CDPR so quickly. I'm here for the PS4 journey CDPR. Can't wait for what is in store for this game.

I'm in two minds about where they go from here.

Obviously bug fixes and optimization will happen anyway.

For the benefit of the expansions, I would think systems will be improved, such as AI, wanted system, world interactivity and so on, but I'm not really confident they will go back and add in a faction system, more choice and consequence into the base game, cut content etc.

For better or worse, the game has released in its current form, and whilst expansions will add in QOL and other improvements, unless they choose the long road, and an enhanced edition comes out with significant choice and consequence and branching quest upgrades for the base game, I suspect they will redeem themselves somewhat, and then move on to the multiplayer component.

This game whilst very enjoyable is not the same game as the 2018 demo, and it will never be.

Most gamers would have moved onto the next big thing, and would probably only come back to Cyberpunk for the expansions, and the multiplayer if it is any good.

I'm in two minds about where they go from here.

Obviously bug fixes and optimization will happen anyway.

For the benefit of the expansions, I would think systems will be improved, such as AI, wanted system, world interactivity and so on, but I'm not really confident they will go back and add in a faction system, more choice and consequence into the base game, cut content etc.

For better or worse, the game has released in its current form, and whilst expansions will add in QOL and other improvements, unless they choose the long road, and an enhanced edition comes out with significant choice and consequence and branching quest upgrades for the base game, I suspect they will redeem themselves somewhat, and then move on to the multiplayer component.

This game whilst very enjoyable is not the same game as the 2018 demo, and it will never be.

Most gamers would have moved onto the next big thing, and would probably only come back to Cyberpunk for the expansions, and the multiplayer if it is any good.

Honestly I'm not sure if at this point multiplayer is even on the table anymore. Given the talks to the investors and such, CDPR seems pretty much baffled by the overall reaction and still in a phase where they don't even really realize what's happening to them.
Multiplayer would be hard to sell now because of all the controversy around the base game. My bet is that they'll do whatever they can to fix it and give it many QOL and performance improvements before even thinking about milking the franchise.
In the long run, if they do this, they'll be able to milk it way longer than just moving on with the multiplayer side of the game.

And I'm 100% they won't let CP down just because of the amount of new assets they've developed specifically for it. This is a new IP, this isn't the 5-6th episode of one franchise. If they move on now, all of the work they've invested in this IP would be pretty much meaningless.

Guys, I do not wanna let everyone down but this game needs at lease 1.5-2 years of development.
If you see the state of the game which SHIPPED, we all know it's 50% of its potential.
If one year of delay has not proven anything at all, can you imagine 3 more months ?
They should hire all rockstar's games developers...
The game is gonna receive some minor fixing for sure and then will get abandoned.
There is another AAA title in development and Witcher 4...

Guys, I do not wanna let everyone down but this game needs at lease 1.5-2 years of development.
If you see the state of the game which SHIPPED, we all know it's 50% of its potential.
If one year of delay has not proven anything at all, can you imagine 3 more months ?
They should hire all rockstar's games developers...
The game is gonna receive some minor fixing for sure and then will get abandoned.
There is another AAA title in development and Witcher 4...
Wait, which other AAA title? Source?

In any case, I do not think CP will be adandoned, it would be foolish to do not capitalized on the huge investment already made just because it was a failure on PS4 and Xbox One.

They will at least release two big story focused DLC and then go for multiplayer (the career section of their site is hiring for CP multiplayer)
Post automatically merged:

That isn't what RED Points do; they're "likes" you can give other people and don't do anything more.
I know, but if a post is massively liked it is more likely that the developers will read it.

When you look at what was promised and what we got I don't see how they can "fix this".

I mean, it's not patches and updates, it's a fundamentally different game. To make the open-world, choice/consequence heavy RPG they seemed to offer and I think a lot of us expected would literally be a different game.

They're not going to abandon this game, but they're going to patch it, update it, add in a lot of stuff that's obviously missing, but it will still be the game it is. IMO

Top Bottom