CDPR - you need to release the XP hotfix today

+
I said it with respect to understanding the fact that many users are having various issues across the spectrum, not just you with your EXP problem. Perhaps you should have your eyes and/or head examined since you are either unable to read or comprehend simple points.

I wouldn't say anyone is entitled for expecting a fix for something they paid for, of course.
All I said is that people are being a little too high strung.

The fix exists, but there are many bugs to be fixed. It's not being ignored, it was simply considered not enough of a high priority to deserver an earlier release than the other fixes, which I agree with, for example, the "An Eye for an Eye" quest bug, which I have comes out with patch 1.05 along with the exp fix. Yes, it's inconvenient, yeah, it can create issues in regards to proper leveling or breaking important quests and so on, but it is being fixed, they even said they were looking into the possibility of a retroactive fix for the exp, so I don't think it's too much to wait for a couple days.

For me the xp bug only exists on the main quest lines and the secondary quests connected to them, yet i'm still nearing lvl 31 by doing all the monster contracts, other secondary quests, and making notes of the locations of monsters that were way over my lvl when I first ran into them and then going back and defeating them.

If you spent less time complaining and more time reading, you would see the patch is scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday. This has been stated many times, there is also a sticky to this end.

You guys must feel pretty entitled about your EXP issue being so much more relevant than all the other bugs that plague other users. BUT MY BUG - YOU FIX IT NOW, WAAAAAAAAAAA!

Entitled? Do you have comprehension problems? Know, what entitled means?

We payed for something, and two weeks after the fact, we still don't have the product. We are well within our rights to complain.

Would this be any other product, it would be a whole lot more than complaining, let me assure you of that. If anything, CDPR are getting off easy.

Also, THEY stated they have this bug fixed. No logical reason not to release a hotfix.

Try again, troll.

---------- Updated at 04:15 PM ----------

For me the xp bug only exists on the main quest lines and the secondary quests connected to them, yet i'm still nearing lvl 31 by doing all the monster contracts, other secondary quests, and making notes of the locations of monsters that were way over my lvl when I first ran into them and then going back and defeating them.

I play on Death March, and pretty much cleared everything I could (mobs up to level30 - there are a few expections) - and I'm still level 19. We already get reduced XP.

We payed for something, and two weeks after the fact, we still don't have the product. We are well within our rights to complain.

Would this be any other product, it would be a whole lot more than complaining, let me assure you of that. If anything, CDPR are getting off easy.

Also, THEY stated they have this bug fixed. No logical reason not to release a hotfix.

Try again, troll.

It's cheaper. Consoles has to validate builds which costs an obscene amounts of money for some arbitrary reason. Seeing as the game uses unified builds its cheaper to bundle them. That's the only logical explanation and it's fucking pitiful after they raked in STACKS AND STACKS UPON FURTHER STACKS of cash during this launch.

You guys must feel pretty entitled about your EXP issue being so much more relevant than all the other bugs that plague other users. BUT MY BUG - YOU FIX IT NOW, WAAAAAAAAAAA!

I said it with respect to understanding the fact that many users are having various issues across the spectrum, not just you with your EXP problem. Perhaps you should have your eyes and/or head examined since you are either unable to read or comprehend simple points.

The very epitome of respect it seems :facepalm:

Has lunch time passed already? Is it safe to ask for what I payed for already, or should I be more patient, like an obedient little boy?

Well you are behaving like a little boy

Just because you paid for the game, does not entitle you to have the patch today. In fact, the devs have released 3 patches already since launch, which shows their commitment to the game. More than one could say of many other game devs

I would rather wait another day and have the full patch with the XP fix included

The very epitome of respect it seems :facepalm:

You should Google what, 'with respect to' means. It's a common English phrase with a high frequency of usage.

Try again, troll.

---------- Updated at 04:15 PM ----------

I play on Death March, and pretty much cleared everything I could (mobs up to level30 - there are a few expections) - and I'm still level 19. We already get reduced XP.

Do you know what entitled means? Your response would seem to indicate a lack of comprehension.

+1 Random66. Can´t continue playing because XP Bug. This never should happend whit a Final Version Game, THIS IS A DEMO?????.

WE WANT THE FINAL VERSION GAME. LIKE GRAPHIC OF E3 2013, LIKE GAMES WHIT OPEN BETA AND CLOSE BETA. WHEN REALEASE DATE, they are playable.

Regards, plz we want the patch 1.05 and NO MORE BUGS

Well you are behaving like a little boy

Just because you paid for the game, does not entitle you to have the patch today. In fact, the devs have released 3 patches already since launch, which shows their commitment to the game. More than one could say of many other game devs

I would rather wait another day and have the full patch with the XP fix included

Entitle this, entitle that. Let's stop with the social justice jargon, shall we?

What paying for the game meant, was I get a workin product. The product is clearly not working. In fact, it is pretty broken. I'm not entitled to a patch today, you say? They promised the patch for today. They did so no more than 3 days ago. Promised.

So let me clear up the timeline for you: millions pay up front for a product. Product doesn't work on launch day. We are now two weeks after launch day, guess what? Product still doesn't work.

And you are impressed they released 3 patches already? (on of which was 0 day, just fyi). Then you are VERY easily impressed. How about getting what we payed for, when promised?

Do you not see, this is a business? Do you not see, that gamers are getting shafted in many games by nobodies like community managers, who insult paying customers by calling their problems non-relevant? Do you not see, the only reason it's possible for this to happen continually, is because apologists and fanboys excuse the developers?

CDPR, take some damned responsibility, and launch that patch. I can't believe you lack even this small amount of respect for your players, especially after the downgrade fiasco (where you lied to our faces).

Last edited:
Product doesn't work on launch day? Pretty sure the product works perfectly fine for countless millions.

Pretty sure they are taking responsibility; in the fact that they are releasing a patch this week to address the myriad issues raised within these forums.

Product doesn't work on launch day? Pretty sure the product works perfectly fine for countless millions.

Pretty sure they are taking responsibility; in the fact that they are releasing a patch this week to address the myriad issues raised within these forums.

Keep on apologizing. Thank you! In the name of all lazy developers: thank you so very much. It is opinions like these, and posts like yours, why we don't actually have to deliver a finished product on launch day, and can afford to have a broken game even after 2 weeks after launch. Thanks, offy.

Apologizing? I simply know what to expect after more than a decade of gaming. Computer programming is not a simple task, eliminating all potential variables that can lead to a negative result (especially given dynamic system configurations which include legacy hardware) is extremely difficult.

I've actually had a game breaking bug since the game's release that prevents main story progression. There is nothing I can do to remedy the problem, but wait. However, I know countless people who completed the game without any bugs or issues. Fact of the matter is, you are a small percentage, in terms of individuals suffering gameplay issues.

The most that can be expected is a resolution, demanding a time frame is not constructive.

Game works pretty fine for me. I'd rather have a patch with less or even no new bugs than a rushed hotfix and a fucked up patch.

And yes, you're entitled. Just because you paid 50 bucks doesn't give you the right to insult the devs. They delivered the best RPG since Skyrim, so at least try to be kind.

You could just stop playing for some days if it is bugging you this much. Nothing is lost.

btw: my comment with the lunchtime regarded the impatience of yours. Which still persists. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and give the devs the time they need.

Kids these days.

Game works pretty fine for me. I'd rather have a patch with less or even no new bugs than a rushed hotfix and a fucked up patch.

And yes, you're entitled. Just because you paid 50 bucks doesn't give you the right to insult the devs. They delivered the best RPG since Skyrim, so at least try to be kind.

You could just stop playing for some days if it is bugging you this much. Nothing is lost.

btw: my comment with the lunchtime regarded the impatience of yours. Which still persists. Stop acting like a spoiled brat and give the devs the time they need.

Kids these days.

If I was a kid, I wouldn't have a problem with waiting. Since that's not the case, I can mostly play on weekends, if at all, and thus far, I lost 2 of those to this bug.

Guest 3825552

Well I have done the Pyres of Novigrad mission and I still get XP, however I started a whole new game on Death March since I first encountered this bug. Also they should reward XP for RED quests, from what I understand they don't which is kinda silly.

So let me clear up the timeline for you: millions pay up front for a product. Product doesn't work on launch day. We are now two weeks after launch day, guess what? Product still doesn't work.
If you consider that 90% or more of those millions who paid for the game are not having any major problem (enough to being unabled to play), it seems fair that CDPR don't rush the fix (which can make things worse) but instead take the necessary time to launch a good patch without bringing more problems.

Top Bottom