CDPR - you need to release the XP hotfix today

+
CDPR - you need to release the XP hotfix today

The game is great! It's GOTY, etc, etc. A lot of praise goes to you on a job well done.

However...

You have to release the XP hotfix today. I won't even go in to the argument, whether the game can be completed without it or not, some of my mates are stuck at level 15-16, having done everything they can. Obviously, the game can't be completed - please don't insult our intellect by stating otherwise.

If the hotfix is ready, there is no logical reason for you to wait two or more days to bundle it up with other fixes. Simply release it.

Also, you promised to release the patch today. People plan ahead based on what you promise.

I think enough time has passed since launch to finally fix this game-breaking bug.

Reason, honesty, and straight forward business sense all demand you release it, if you have fixed it.

Here's a thought. I understand they want to delay it because they have the bigger 1.05 coming out on Wednesday, but what they could do is make a separate beta-hotfix that's manually downloadable for people who don't want to wait.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ its not even lunch time in Europe. Just be patient.

Wonder if you'll be saying that apology tomorrow as well. And perhaps the day after that.

Why should I be patient, when I have payed for the game, and my money is at the devs since who knows how many months?

Wonder if you'll be saying that apology tomorrow as well. And perhaps the day after that.

Why should I be patient, when I have payed for the game, and my money is at the devs since who knows how many months?

+1 also Momot sayed that fix will bo on monday but after that they said that hurr durr we dont care that ppl are waiting for like 5 days to continue play, implementing this fix is too much hassle/money so we will ad it to major patch, after they make this bug with patch 1.04 on PC. Not nice Red, not nice.

Please upload a hotfix for this issue. A lot of people are forced to wait for this fix to continue playing.

If you had an intellect, you would have devised a way to circumvent this problem easily (there are multiple methods). None of you are 'forced' to wait for anything.

There are multiple bugs which prevent main story progression across all platforms with absolutely no work-around. The people who have those bugs, have had them for 10+ days.

As stated in many posts by RED personnel, the patch will be released on Tuesday/Wednesday. The patch will include many fixes/changes, one of which includes this.

Being a console peasant and all i doubt we will get a patch this week.(no fixing the issue either with cheats/commands)

If you had an intellect, you would have devised a way to circumvent this problem easily (there are multiple methods). None of you are 'forced' to wait for anything.

Like getting the missing xp through console commands is satisfying. We just want them to release what is already ready. No point in waiting.

Here's a thought. I understand they want to delay it because they have the bigger 1.05 coming out on Wednesday, but what they could do is make a separate beta-hotfix that's manually downloadable for people who don't want to wait.

This. Easy.
PC is not crappy console world where you have to pass patch quality control checks and so you take the adequate precautions.
Release it, even "unofficialy" instead of continuing delaying it. There are many people who have stopped playing the game for this for many days.

+1 also Momot sayed that fix will bo on monday but after that they said that hurr durr we dont care that ppl are waiting for like 5 days to continue play, implementing this fix is too much hassle/money so we will ad it to major patch, after they make this bug with patch 1.04 on PC. Not nice Red, not nice.

This.
I was already mad on Friday, when I read they'd leave us out in the rain with this over the weekend (you know, that time of the week where most of us have the most time to actually play the game), but I finally accepted it grudgingly. Now it's Monday, I come online, looking for new info on the fix and I read that they postpone it again. I feel majorly screwed by CDPR!
If you guys go on like this, you're gonna turn from what used to be my favourite dev into the opposite really. This is HORRIBLE customer-service ffs!
And Marcin constantly saying that this isn't that big an issue and blabla isn't really helping your credibility either! It is a big issue! An XP bug in an RPG (!), not a big issue? Well, maybe in Skyrim for example it actually wouldn't be, because there everything scales with you, but here they chose a system where the world doesn't scale with you and you can very well end up under-levelled, so how is this not a big issue?

---------- Updated at 12:10 PM ----------

If you had any intellect, you wouldn't insult other users for not wanting to use an unsatisfying fix for a problem that could easily be properly fixed by the devs. Sure must be fun to play the game with a chart of how much XP you get for what quest and then manually adding it via the console every time. If that's how you wanna play the game, feel free to do so, but don't expect the rest of us not to actually want a proper solution.

^ nuff said. this is gamebreaking and downlplaying it by saying this is no big issue is pathetic

please release the fix today.

People need to chill, I mean, come on.
Yeah, I get it, I have tens of quests to complete that I haven't done because of the bug, because just giving myself exp with the console isn't satisfying.

So if it's such a horrible sin, why not just leave the game alone for a couple days?
Issuing out patches isn't THAT easy. They have to test things out, make sure nothing is being broken and so on. They have a fix ready, but decided to incorporate it into the bigger patch coming out two days later, so they decided to bundle it up.

That sounds fine, the game is barely two weeks old, big games have many bugs, Skyrim was patched for over a year after release, Esbern, a major character didn't have a voice which broke the main quest.

These things happen. Calm down, play a different game, read a book, then come back when it's fixed, people.

Yeah, I get it, I have tens of quests to complete that I haven't done because of the bug, because just giving myself exp with the console isn't satisfying.

So if it's such a horrible sin, why not just leave the game alone for a couple days?
Issuing out patches isn't THAT easy. They have to test things out, make sure nothing is being broken and so on. They have a fix ready, but decided to incorporate it into the bigger patch coming out two days later, so they decided to bundle it up.

That sounds fine, the game is barely two weeks old, big games have many bugs, Skyrim was patched for over a year after release, Esbern, a major character didn't have a voice which broke the main quest.

These things happen. Calm down, play a different game, read a book, then come back when it's fixed, people.

A fix for the Esbern bug was available on the day of the release. It involved using the Oblivion file manager to import some files, and it fixed the issue immediately and permanently. I wouldn't say this about the XP and pop-in bugs here.

I payed for this, like many others. Full price, too, I support good developers, I don't do Ukrainian VPN and other such nonsense.

What do I expect in return? Why ... only what I expect with any product, that I buy. That it should work. Right now, there are game-breaking bugs in the game, meaning I couldn't really progress for about a week now.

Sure, I could do something else for now. But I don't want to. And I shouldn't have to.

The only reason the game industry can get away with launches full of game-breaking bugs like this one, is because they can get away with it. Heck, they even have supporters in this, like you.

Simple enough: you have a fix? Great. Release it.

This is the official response from Marcin Momot:

"Wanted to give you an update regarding the situation. We are currently working on a huge patch (1.05 for PC / 1.04 on consoles) and we've decided to include the XP fix in these updates. The PC version of the patch is right around the corner - that's why we made the decision to release the XP fix as a part of the patch on computers. At the same time we would like to thank you for your understanding and supporting us."

So not only do we not get a hotfix for the xp bug, now it's not even sure when the full patch might be ready. "Right around the corner", what does that even mean?

If you spent less time complaining and more time reading, you would see the patch is scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday. This has been stated many times, there is also a sticky to this end.

You guys must feel pretty entitled about your EXP issue being so much more relevant than all the other bugs that plague other users. BUT MY BUG - YOU FIX IT NOW, WAAAAAAAAAAA!

^ nuff said. this is gamebreaking and downlplaying it by saying this is no big issue is pathetic

True, but remember, it's Marcin, downplaying is what he does best.
https://i.imgur.com/phRIFbm.jpg

---------- Updated at 03:39 PM ----------

If you spent less time complaining and more time reading, you would see the patch is scheduled for either Tuesday or Wednesday. This has been stated many times, there is also a sticky to this end.

You guys must feel pretty entitled about your EXP issue being so much more relevant than all the other bugs that plague other users. BUT MY BUG - YOU FIX IT NOW, WAAAAAAAAAAA!

oh, and there's that buzzword again, I'm quite surprised it took so long.
Seriously, anyone using the word "entitlement" when it comes to expecting a full-priced AAA game to work, should have their head examined.

Top Bottom