CDPRED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

+
CDPRED and R.TALSORIAN GAMES Announce The Witcher Role-Playing Game

Together with R.Talsorian Games, makers of the hit pen and paper role-playing system Cyberpunk 2020, we are pleased to announce an agreement to develop The Witcher Role-Playing Game -- the go-to tabletop Witcher experience for pen and paper RPG enthusiasts.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game will allow tabletop RPG fans to re-create an array of characters known from the Witcher universe and live out entirely new adventures set within the world of Geralt of Rivia. Powered by Fuzion, the same ruleset that made Cyberpunk 2020 gain worldwide player acclaim, The Witcher Role-Playing Game will feature a myriad of spells, rituals, and curses; favorite gear and items from the entire Witcher series including a bestiary of devilish monsters players can face during their adventures. The system will provide all the necessary tools to create and play out your own adventures and become everything from a battle-hardened monster slayer to a merchant kingpin controlling a vast network of contacts.

The Witcher Role-Playing Game is currently slated for a mid 2016 release. More information about the system, price and availability will be provided at a later point in time.

That sounds freakin' awesome! But announce CP2077 the PnP! Release it so that we can play some cyberpunk in the meantime! And also, I wish these games, the Witcher RPG and CP2077 PnP were released in Spanish. I can't imagine how difficult it must be trying to get a group of friends with a low level of English to play with an English manual. Also, things like units of measurement use to be tricky. I can't think in feet, yards, etc. for things like combat movement.

But yeah, great news and great to see how beneficial this partnership between CDPR and R. Talsorian Games can be.

I'm a fan, of course, and a Witcher PnP done by my favourite game studio, ( plus or minus WW or maybe FASA..also a fan of Nobilis and SLA soo...anyway), sounds great.

But on these boards, I have to wince a bit, since this would seem to cut into dev time for Chrome 5 and the PnP link to 2077. I guess we'll be playing that -maybe- just before the CRPG comes out?

Now, to run a Witcher game or not?

That sounds intriguing.

They could sell it at GOG in a PDF format. Hell, contact some other PnP publishers and ask if they'd be interested too... Could get a whole separate tab in GOG for those. Cyberpunk 2020, Shadowrun (which already exists in PDF since HBS offered it to their SR:HK backers), G.U.R.P.S., WoD, Numenera, Rune Quest... Probably not a topseller tab, but who knows. Nothing much to lose anyway.

You couldn't have chosen a better gif to compliment my statement than Maurice Moss... complimenting "Gay, a gay musical". Now that brings two questions to mind:
1) I saw the IT crowd special that they did like a couple of years ago... didn't they say they were also going to make a movie? if so any idea as to when?
2) Do you think Fuzion would be a good rpg system choice for roleplaying the IT crowd?

so with this announcement a pnp system based on cyberpunk 2077 made by r. talsorian is practically guaranteed right?

they will probably announce it closer to the release of the c77 videogame

You couldn't have chosen a better gif to compliment my statement than Maurice Moss... complimenting "Gay, a gay musical". Now that brings two questions to mind:
1) I saw the IT crowd special that they did like a couple of years ago... didn't they say they were also going to make a movie? if so any idea as to when?
2) Do you think Fuzion would be a good rpg system choice for roleplaying the IT crowd?

1)No idea when, i didnt even know there was a special, i need to watch it now! All i heard is that Katherine Parkinson said she would like the movie to be a sort of musical film.....
2) Sure always Fuzion, more interesting which roles will we have besides Nerds and Coporates?

Last edited:
1)No idea when, i didnt even know there was a special, i need to watch it now! All i heard is that Katherine Parkinson said she would like the movie to be a sort of musical film.....
2) Sure always Fuzion, more interesting which classes will we have besides Nerds and Coporates?

I don't know... Goths? Goths are people too, you know?
Corporates should have all of the ATTR and none of the TECH in that game, though XD.

A musical? But aren't all musicals gay?:geraltaha:

Cyberpunk 2020 does not use Fuzion, it uses Interlock. I am excited about this, but would have been more excited if they abanoned Fusion and went back to Interlock.

Cyberpunk 2020 does not use Fuzion, it uses Interlock. I am excited about this, but would have been more excited if they abanoned Fusion and went back to Interlock.

Yeah..but odds are it'll be heavily changed anyway. Fuzion had some good points, though. Still got my beloved Dice+Skill+Stat system.

Best of all, we can render it back to Interlock very easily, using their D10 version.

*thinks*

I'm not sure if I ever played any of the Fuzion systems?

Never played any of the Mekton games. Did play CyberGeneration a bit. Outside of that, it's been a whole bunch of CP2020.

*thinks*

I'm not sure if I ever played any of the Fuzion systems?

Never played any of the Mekton games. Did play CyberGeneration a bit. Outside of that, it's been a whole bunch of CP2020.

same goes for me, didnt use Fuzion at all, always used Interlock....

what are the differences? By the way i heard that you can dodge bullets in Fuzion, is that true?

same goes for me, didnt use Fuzion at all, always used Interlock....

what are the differences? By the way i heard that you can dodge bullets in Fuzion, is that true?
The main difference is a change in some of the stats. BODY Type was broken down into three separate stats (BODy, STRength, CONstitution), REFlexes was broken down into two (REFlexes, DEXterity), Attractiveness was turned into a talent (Beautiful/Handsome), COOL became WILL, EMPathy became COOL/PREsence (depending upon the particular game setting). Along with that, there's the addition of Perks, Talents, and Complications, as well as being essentially "classless". All of the CP 2020 Special Abilities are now either a Perk or Talent which any character can take.

Fuzion also scales it's ruleset to the game. SO you can add or remove bits that don't fit.

Tramp would know a lot more, since it's been years for me, but IIRC things like dodging bullets you would leave in for a Supers game and take out for a Cpunk game.

Really depends on if your GM lets you do an active opposed roll when being shot at, ( as opposed to a fistfight) or makes it a simple Target Number for the shooter. Default is Opposed Roll, so, yes, dodging bullets.

It's worth noting that Mekton Zero, the game Mike is currently working on, is using a fairly fusion-esque stats set.

Which is fine, since most of us agree Interlock stats need work.

It just gets titchy around a few other game mechanic areas. Fuzion lets you do a lot, but as in Tramp's example of COOL being swapped for WILL above, gives it somewhat less setting-specific flavour.

You cna use a D6 to be like Champions, or D10 to be like Interlock. Makes some difference in roll methods.

Some cool things: Stun vs Hits Kills and SDP. It's now clearer on what kind of weapon does what to what kind of target. Fighting a mech as a human or fighting another human without killing them is clearer than in Interlock, where Stun rules weren't always...obvious.

There are strengths and weaknesses. I prefer Interlock or Interlock Unlimited because it's faster, but it sacrfices a certain versatility to do that. In My current Delta Green/ Cpunk game, my players are all Body 8-12. Not because they want to be HOOGE, ( well, one guy does) but because that's also the Toughness stat.

And when they have to KO a suspect without killing them, it's a challenge.

So, Fuzion has it's uses, absolutely. Given that Mike is going that way for Mekton and Witcher, you can bet a modified version of Fuzion/Interlock is what we get for 2077.

Top Bottom