CDProjekt, attention !!! TW2 video used as Advertisement for Dragon Age 3

+
/sign...

seeing 400k people out there who believe that this could be DA3 is funny, but, as I read here, the comments that say "it's witcher" are deleted by the uploader, that's not funny. Will CDPR do something against it and make clear that this is TW2?

Forum veteran
HexenmeisterRaven said:
seeing 400k people out there who believe that this could be DA3 is funny, but, as I read here, the comments that say "it's witcher" are deleted by the uploader, that's not funny. Will CDPR do something against it and make clear that this is TW2?
On what grounds could they even do that? The uploader has the right to only allow certain comments, and I could see mislabeling the video as a form of satire that falls under fair use. It's like a reverse rickroll where people who are looking for something mediocre get bombarded with quality.

It might be possible to try and get the video taken down on the grounds that it's defamatory, which would be hilarious for all the right reasons and the biggest slap in the face to Bio/EA imaginable. Still, it's just one person misleading a bunch of people who will eventually figure it out anyway. What harm is it doing, really? It's important to not take things like this too seriously, lest we become the Witcher equivalent of Biodrones.

227 said:
It's like a reverse rickroll where people who are looking for something mediocre get bombarded with quality.

I agree though. I don't really see anything harmful towards Witcher 2 in the video so I'm not upset by its existence. Maybe some of the Dragon Age fans will realize that the footage is actually Witcher 2 and then decide to buy Witcher 2 :p I can see EA trying to get the video taken down though because it raises false expectations for whatever they will force Bioware to churn out next.

Там находятся несколько комментариев, что данный ролик не Dragon Age 3, а Ведьмак 2. Однако на это никто не обращает внимания, продолжая вести тему о своем любимом Драконе. Не знаю, может, игрокам пообщаться негде? Я был возмущен за обман и в то же время смеялся до слез:)))

ViviKash-RU said:
Там находятся несколько комментариев, что данный ролик не Dragon Age 3, а Ведьмак 2. Однако на это никто не обращает внимания, продолжая вести тему о своем любимом Драконе. Не знаю, может, игрокам пообщаться негде? Я был возмущен за обман и в то же время смеялся до слез:)))

Translation (using google translate so it might be off a bit) of the post above in case anyone is wondering: There are several comments that this movie is not Dragon Age 3 and The Witcher 2. However, nobody is paying attention, continuing to keep the theme of your favorite Dragon. I do not know, maybe talk to the players nowhere? I was indignant for fraud and at the same time laugh to tears
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All I can say is I'm from the US and thank goodness I'm not that dumb to take that movie as an ad for DA3.

DA2 was an ok enough game in my eyes, but witcher 2 (or witcher 1 for that matter) trumps it in every way, shape, and form. I dare say that even the "great" DAO (which I didn't really care for) can't touch the enjoyment I get out of witcher 2 (and continue to)

Unfortunately it most likely will take W2 to come to Xbox for more people in the US to even acknowledge that W2 even exists, since for some ungodly unknown reason consoles seem to greatly outnumber PC's here in the US. (I for one again am proud to not be in that majority and have been playing W2 since release, good old bugs and all :) )

Some people will have found out the truth, and some of them will have gone out and bought TW2 as a result. I don't honestly see anybody ever buying DA3 on the basis of the video - there'll be plenty of genuine DA3 promos around by the time that becomes a possibility. Nobody's lost anything except face, and if they're publicly admitting to being DA2 fans, the loss there's pretty minimal anyway.

It's harmless. except possibly for the uploader, when people DO find out. I hope he has a good set of flameproof underwear :)

dragonbird said:
Wow, fast lock-down - Bioware seem to be a little sensitive about this, don't you think?Incidentally, my favourite was"How could it be morrigan's/the warden's son? that was an option in origins, you didn't have to have the kid with her. I wouldn't understand it if they made the game based on something that doesn't necessarily happen in the story"

I have to agree that was fast and funny in my mind he almost sounded like the spoiled kid there, you know the one . The kid that picks up his toys and goes home in a hissy fit when he doesn't get his way .

Well at first I was "omg how can all these people think this is DA3". We had our share of laughs reading the comments, but honestly now I really feel sorry for those poor fans being manipulated by some lifeless complexed fat prick that probably doesn't have anything better to do than to take advantage of some naive and ignorant fans, so he can feel in control. Pathetic.

And no, I don't think all of those 400k are all dumb, and don't know what's that about. Everyone who accesses that video is counted as a viewer, but the ones that wanted to warn the others that this is in fact TW2 are getting their comments deleted by this idiot. He feels good, like he is in control of the masses, he can manipulate them, like a little dictator.

Well if Bioware isn't speaking about TW2, why should we care so much about their games and fans ? I'm not saying their games are bad, I really likeed DA at that time, and considered it a very good game, and the mass effect series, but now after replaying the TW 4 times, and TW2 3(on my 4th playthrough) I don't have the urge of playing DA again. It feels too childish in comparison to TW games.

TW series had something unique, magical when it comes to atmosphere, locations, lore, it was something completely new for me, it wasn't a typical western RPG(D&D, bioware, etc..), nor a J RPG, that's why I think it's so special and fell in love with this universe. Plus the freedom of choice it's remarkable.

P.S: WTF, why did I get a -1 ? Just because I said that I liked ME and DA ? Jesus, can't someone enjoy different type of games ? I smell fanboyism. Thought here is a much more mature audience.

I just took a quick glance at the uploader's channel comments. Looks like a lot of people found out they were being trolled and responded accordingly.

Oh yeah, nerd rage baby ! That's what I'm talking about. :D

Forum veteran
dragonbird said:
responded accordingly.
"You're nothing but a scaming fagoot! What you're showing about Dragon Age 3 is Actually The Witcher 2. Did i say you are a faggot?"
"dude go fuck yourslef all of your stuff is bull shit"
"WOW WTF dude DA3 It was the Witcher 2. What a fucking loser,"

Apparently, being trolled with game videos on youtube is serious business. Good to know so many people keep things in perspective.

Best thing I have seen this week!

I wish I could have been there to see the faces of the people who thought this was actually DA and openly admitted to loving DA2. They were praising the footage as being great....then they realize its the TW2. No doubt they died a little inside .

You know what though, this is biowares best shot IMO. They might as well just try to clone TW games at this stage, since they are leagues and bounds ahead of the generic trash they are putting out these days.

227 said:
"You're nothing but a scaming fagoot! What you're showing about Dragon Age 3 is Actually The Witcher 2. Did i say you are a faggot?"
"dude go fuck yourslef all of your stuff is bull shit"
"WOW WTF dude DA3 It was the Witcher 2. What a fucking loser,"

Apparently, being trolled with game videos on youtube is serious business. Good to know so many people keep things in perspective.

Yeah, so many people feeling butthurt and REALLY upset just makes the whole thing even more amusing

You guys know that meme, "I don't want to live on this planet anymore"? It kinda fits this whole situation :)

CDPR really needs to put out an American advertising blitz wake people up and before release of Masseffect3 let a little air out of Bioware's balloon.

That would be great but TV advertising is expensive.
I guess if Warner Bros lends CDProjekt a hand could be done.

jjavier said:
That would be great but TV advertising is expensive.
I guess if Warner Bros lends CDProjekt a hand could be done.

I've seen commercials for games like Darkness 2 on Hulu, so maybe that could be an option. I have no idea how the pricing works for advertisers though, so I don't know if it's cheaper than regular TV.

Top Bottom