CDPROJEKT RED, Give us NewGame+ Please! Vote to show your support!

+

CDPROJEKT RED, Give us NewGame+ Please! Vote to show your support!

• Total voters
Well I can see you seem to be pretty intense about this. This discussion isn't going anywhere, so let's agree to disagree. Have a cool day
Well then why didn't you say so in the first place? If you go back to my original post you will see I'm in support of the idea. I just disagree about whether or not "It will be an optional feature" is valid argument.

And, yeah, I lose my patience when someone takes a relatively insignificant disagreement and blows it out of proportion --as if I'm totally against the idea of NG+ and I'm trying to bury it in the ground before it takes off by any means possible.

Last edited:
If they do this I insist that it be optional. To me, replaying the game in an imbalanced and overpowered state is not fun. What I'd really like in an enhanced edition is a harder mode. The game is a bit on the easy side as it is.

I think the whole idea of New Game + is that it is optional. Also, I don't think it necessarily means that you'll be overpowered, that's decided on the scaling of monsters in the new mode, honestly new game + could go down the bloodborne route, where new game + is harder than the first playthrough.

I'd love NG+ so long as the enemies and rewards increase with your level as well rather than it just being a stomp on low-level NPCs.

Add my vote for wanting to have new game +.

I might also add, I don't understand at all why there would be votes for "no" when its not something forced upon you and is simply an option. Its the same issue with some people that would like a closer camera to Geralt as an option. I personally like a more far pulled back camera and DETEST close camera, but if there was a vote for a closer camera OPTION, I wouldn't disagree to it nor vote "no" if its not forced upon me.

Going to put this here as an idea to ponder:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance had a sort of New Game + super hard difficulty mode called Extreme. You could only import your character into an Extreme game if you'd finished the game. You'd lose all your equipment, but you'd keep your XP and skills etc. The difficulty was, of couse, extreme, but you were balanced out by accessing extra gold and rarer items sooner. ofc, this might not work for tw3 for various reasons, but i thinkit would help with the overlevelling 'deathmarch is too easy' issues i've seen around.

i'd be interested if it happened. ofc, i'd prefer other fixes/patches/dlc/expansions over NG+, but there's no harm in entertaining the notion.

Big, NO, NO, NO. Enhanced Edition is what they should work on, not on some bullshit NG+. This is not an arcade game. I prefer that they add more connection to and reflection of the previous game and additional content to some useless feature. So far, it was really disappointing that most choices of the game 2 were just ignored. At least they should have provided some reasonable story how some endings in TW2 ended up in the current state of affairs.

I very much approve NG+ with:
1. enemies level up to 2x or 3x scale from normal gameplay
2. enemies ai more aggresive and smarter
3. BONUS ITEMS, more variation of new armors, weapons, potions, bombs etc. (and please let it be the Legendary Raven witcher set)
4. player get to keep their character level but can reset the upgrade points
5. player get to keep their items
6. player get to keep their CARDS DECK, and please be BONUS LEGENDARY CARDS to find :D

I'm sure that if CDPR wouldn't do this if they committed to a NG+ (which I am hopeful for), but I'd be fine if they just copypasta'd my arms and armours into a new game and let me go from there. I just want to see my Geralt have weapons and armours which are /his/, rather than stuff he loots off of dead people. That, and I didn't get to appreciate all my mastercrafted Witcher loot in 97% of the main cutscenes, which — let's be honest — are the best in the game. ;_;

The reason why i want new game plus, is that by the time i get cool gear, Lots of crafting materials and feel powerful. The game is already over. Already did 90% of the interesting sidequests and the endgame content is lacking.

I for one think that this game is a story, and stories end. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a NG+ but I think the game was designed the way that doesn't leave anything open for NG+. It would just feel empty, especially if you'd want to keep all of your gear and skill levels. What would be the point of NG+ then? What could you do that would be new and keep your playing? All CDPR would get is more hate, that the NG+ is stupid and there's nothing new to do. Even the free roam after the ending here doesn't feel natural, like in DA:I for example. The endings here are completely different and absolute. Don't want to spoil anything but all that happens ties nicely in the end and produces a complete ending, one that leaves little room for doubt. I think in games where that are so heavily story driven NG+ is not the best solution.

i think u should decide at the end of the story if going into ng+ or stay and do side quests it would be a cool idea

Top Bottom