cdprojektred who are you trying to fool LOL\?

+
God_of_Eredin;n8669490 said:
I'm ranked in the top 10 in the world right now. Unless you are higher than that, suffice to say that you know even less about how this genre works relative to me.
When a top 10 player starts complaining about something, the most sensible thing for one to do is to nod their head in agreement. I'm right, you are wrong. It happens. Chalk it up as a well learned lesson and move on.
Get off your high horse, that's what i would say if your claim was actually true. Since it isn't, you aren't even in the top 100 and i didn't bother checking further, don't expect me to take you seriously.
Feel free to cry more, if only that would allow you to accomplish anything.

KasumiGoto;n8669590 said:
You're in top 10 (I guess, didn't check) while the majority of players didn't even get to level 10 yet, nice achievement.

Also, you joined Closed Beta to help CDPR test their game, not to collect cards. You knew they'll get wiped.

I'm a level 11 and ranked in the top 10 in ranked. I've played only 12 ranked games. Anyways, the last part of your comment has nothing to do with what I'm saying. Yes, we all knew they'd get wiped. What we didn't know is that 300+ foil cards would be added making it more difficult to not get a card that you already have, just in foil form when that rare spot obtained from a keg could have been put towards another card to make the collection more robust.

Again, no one is tricked by what they are doing, so I'm not sure who they are trying to fool.

Can we stop trying to defend their actions and just admit the way they have it setup to earn more cards is laughable? New players can't even be competitive because of it. Someone at this company calling the shots is literally watering the bushes while the building is catching fire.

God_of_Eredin;n8668800 said:
Did he just try to compare digital vs real MTG? These attempts at trying to justify what cdprojektred is doing are not working on me.

maybe they did but i compared it to magic online which is a fair comparison. The reason YOU'RE not getting the point is because YOU are the one with the misunderstanding. LOL

Ive stated before . Personally I believe they should have been alot less generous than they have been.

There is no difference between the Value of a MTG card physically and one form the digital game. In fact ones from the digita could be More expensive than their physical counterparts.

I actually made the suggestion ealier they should have restricted crafting to commons only and nerfed the rewards .

Honestly your "case" that cdpr is doing some trying to "fool" everyone has more holes than swiss cheese.

IMO the only thing they are doing wrong is being to generous with the rewards and crafting system.

God_of_Eredin;n8670790 said:
Can we stop trying to defend their actions and just admit the way they have it setup to earn more cards is laughable? New players can't even be competitive because of it. Someone at this company calling the shots is literally watering the bushes while the building is catching fire.

I would say your the only one laughable here ....but thats not even true you're arguments are worse than the worst wanabe comedian that failed miserably in all of history

Last edited:
NovaBlast;n8670920 said:
maybe they did but i compared it to magic online which is a fair comparison. The reason YOU'RE not getting the point is because YOU are the one with the misunderstanding. LOL

Ive stated before . Personally I believe they should have been alot less generous than they have been.

There is no difference between the Value of a MTG card physically and one form the digital game. In fact ones from the digita could be More expensive than their physical counterparts.

I actually made the suggestion ealier they should have restricted crafting to commons only and nerfed the rewards .

Honestly your "case" that cdpr is trying to "fool" everyone has more holes than swiss cheese.

You are really putting yourself through some mental gymnastics here trying to discredit the fact that they ARE trying to fool everyone into spending more money for a game to get a proper experience. Actually your MTG analogy is what has more holes than swiss cheese. Why? Because by your own admission, the value of MTG cards psychically and digitally have no difference. That is not the case with gwent. No physical cards exist for gwent. Rather than just accept my argument as valid, you've managed to confuse yourself even further with these apples and oranges analogies of yours. Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing. Again, no one of sound mind is fooled by what cdpr is doing.

God_of_Eredin;n8670790 said:
For the last time, since i won't bother replying you anymore, this is how this genre works. They sell packs to you, you purchase them (with either ingame money or real money) and get new cards. That's how ccgs works. If you expect a different economic model, you are going to be disappointed since no f2p online ccg use a different model. So you either accept this model or you stop playing these games.
Or at least stop complaining on the forums about it.

God_of_Eredin;n8671070 said:
You are really putting yourself through some mental gymnastics here trying to discredit the fact that they ARE trying to fool everyone into spending more money

No im saying they are shooting himself in the foot and not actually making a ccg in the first place they are being so generous they are simply making a gated card game that if you play long enough you will get all the cards eventually without having to pay any money.

I guess you were not able to comprehend this part of my post

NovaBlast;n8670920 said:
I actually made the suggestion ealier they should have restricted crafting to commons only and nerf the rewards .

for a game to get a proper experience

If you think the "proper experience" is to get to level 10 as fast as possible then race up the leader board . "proper"

If you think the "winning " and "rank" are the only thing worthwhile."proper"

if you think you should have aaccess to all the card for a minimial price of a n "average game " proper"

That is YOUR opinion but it does not make it in any way by any stretch of logic "fact" there is something wrong with the game or that CDPR is doing something wrong.

As i stated its MY Opinion they are not making a "proper" ccg for all the reasons I have posted in other topics and my own thread.

Why? Because by your own admission, the value of MTG cards psychically and digitally have no difference. .

mabey reading and english comprehension isn't your thing ...I ll try to make it easier to understand

in fact i said.

NovaBlast;n8670920 said:
In fact ones from the digita could be More expensive than their physical counterparts.

I have seen it happen where a digital card was almost double what the physical counter part was

. That is not the case with gwent. No physical cards exist for gwent

The fact that mtg has physical cards and Gwent doesnt has no relevance your jsut grasping at straws.

This is comparing one digital product to another you're just being that worst comedian again.

Last edited:
Moderator's Reminder: Please, keep discussions respectful, on topic, and free of politics (a couple posts were deleted for this one).

Rammyp;n8663460 said:
1.U failed to mention the amount of free kegs that u got during the closed beta. Playing only 2 daylies gives u an average of 3 kegs. If u played CB for 3
months thats already 270 more kegs u had.
Naturally u used some of these cards/scraps to get to your 250 cards collection.

2. U'r mentioned 634 cards, thats wrong. Since every card has animated version that is really the same card the math should be 634/2=317 cards. So u
got 264 out of 317 cards after opening ur kegs in the public beta, while at the end of CB u had 250 cards out of 292. Isn't that about the same
percentage???

Maybe the fact that u spent so much money brings u to expect that u should get more but i really think u got ur money worth back. Personaly i didn't spend any money on CB and had about 230-240 cards (excluding premiums). Naturally i have much less now after opening about 60 reward kegs from rank and lvl but i don't feel cheated at all.

^^^^^ This guy solved it. You also have to take into consideration that all gold cards are legendary now, so you are going to feel like your collection is now of lesser quality because you will naturally have less golds.

But anyways, any discussion of kegs supposedly being worse should be utilizing keg opening statistical data, not just someone's conjecture about how they feel about their collection after opening their kegs. From all the keg opening posts Ive seen, drop rates havn't changed for rarities of cards within kegs.

Rammyp;n8663460 said:
1.U failed to mention the amount of free kegs that u got during the closed beta. Playing only 2 daylies gives u an average of 3 kegs. If u played CB for 3
months thats already 270 more kegs u had.
Naturally u used some of these cards/scraps to get to your 250 cards collection.

2. U'r mentioned 634 cards, thats wrong. Since every card has animated version that is really the same card the math should be 634/2=317 cards. So u
got 264 out of 317 cards after opening ur kegs in the public beta, while at the end of CB u had 250 cards out of 292. Isn't that about the same
percentage???

Maybe the fact that u spent so much money brings u to expect that u should get more but i really think u got ur money worth back. Personaly i didn't spend any money on CB and had about 230-240 cards (excluding premiums). Naturally i have much less now after opening about 60 reward kegs from rank and lvl but i don't feel cheated at all.

No, it's not wrong. 634 cards is 634 cards. I got 264 cards and those include animated versious within them. So I or anyone else opening many kegs essentially have cards that would normally not be annimated versions, which are essentially duplicates. The proper way to do it would have been to just change everything to animated, but they didn't do that so that they could try to get MORE MONEY out of you. It takes longer to not get dupes because of the animated cards!

Drop rates for legendary to get a complete deck have decreased because the game treats these dupe animated cards as legendary! This concept is simple people.

I didn't spend so much money. It's $200, and most of that was for essentially donating to them because of how great W3 was, which I got at a fraction of the cost used. I just don't like seeing what was a great dev studio stoop to such low levels of greed.

You might be fooled by their antics, but most of us are not. It's not a matter of feeling cheated, which I don't feel. It's a matter of pointing out the obvious.

The decisions makers are backstabbing and disrespecting their hard working programmers by trying to pull this nonsense. There's plenty of money to go around, no need to be greedier than other game studios. You risk self respecting employees to leave your company and go elsewhere. They are trying to make a fun game, not have the board of directors be all greedy and take their concept and milk it for all it's worth.

I'm just a consumer, imagine how the programmers feel. Come on Marcin Iwiński and Michał Kiciński.....let's get it together please.

Last edited:
What game doesn't use micro-transactions these days, especially CCGs. It is not like they are the only ones doing it, so I fail to see why you are complaining.

God_of_Eredin;n8674400 said:
You might be fooled by their antics, but most of us are not. It's not a matter of feeling cheated, which I don't feel. It's a matter of pointing out the obvious..

interesting i guess my above responses were too much for your to handle. There are no antics.

You are still comparing a "ccg" and i use that term very loosely for gwent to a standard game like W3 which it is not.

If you keep comparing ccg to stand alone games and thinking they should be priced the same your arguments of cdpr trying to "grab, fool sneak" how ever you want to describe it have as much credibility as someone standing on a street corner yelling the government is lying to you the world is flat.

God_of_Eredin;n8674400 said:
I'm just a consumer, imagine how the programmers feel. Come on Marcin Iwiński and Michał Kiciński.....let's get it together please

LOL wow ... OMG just wow ........now you are on a whole new level of ....bad comedy. If i paid admission to see you perform in a comedy club i would demand TRIPLE my money back.

packingmoney;n8674470 said:
what game doesn't use micro-transactions these days, especially ccgs. It is not like they are the only ones doing it, so i fail to see why you are complaining.

qft ( i think i have explained why they are complaining.. they refuse to accept reality and think ccgs should be priced the same as standalone games. like W3)

( also they dont understand the basics of a raitiety system and why you are less likely to get some cards in packs)

CDPR has been overly again in letting players craft any rarity of cards.

Honestly with the amount of stuff CDPR does give away for free IMO no one has the right to complain about anything to do with acquiring cards.

Last edited:
Judging from the drop percentages of legendary cards from kegs currently posted on the forums... I wouldn't mind seeing the ratio of milled cards move from 4 to 1 to a 3 to 1... although if they don;t introduce content like new decks quickly enough they will get bored.

God_of_Eredin;n8675600 said:
The white knight of CDPR has emerged folks. I present to you, the amazing NovaBlast. A man who will defend the honor of CDPR at any cost, no matter how far off his assumptions are on how they conduct their business.

Dawn that white cape proud hand of the CDPR king!

The rest of us will continue to not be fooled.

"The rest of us" ....how many personalities do you have inthere ....and none of them actually know how accg works ? wow taht s bad luck man lol . LOL Look everyone crazy street yell proclaiming the government is lying to you and the world isis flat....nothing to see here fold move along pay no mind to the crazy person.

I guess MTG online been doing it wrong for ...ohhh 15 years .... lol

I find it amusing you're doing everything but actually trying to make an actual response . Your whole argument rests on " i should be able to have everything the game has for the price of a normal game"

LOL

how hard is it to grasp the concept of a traditional ccg.( and gwent is far far from traditional ccg in the sense they basically give you everything for free)

you could buy 600 packs and still not get everything you need. Thats how pack RNG and rarity work.

Thats not a scam that is HOW CCG in general work if you cant grasp that simple concept that again is YOUR problem not the game or the devs.

Last edited:
NovaBlast continues with his straw man argument. He still can't grasp the simple logic that during the closed beta, there were less cards and no animation cards which dupe the normal cards, and that now in the open beta, there are 634 cards.

What this means is that with 300 some animated cards, you have a higher chance at pulling a dupe card, just in animated form. Prior to the open beta, your chance of getting most of the cards with their different mechanics was much HIGHER because you didn't have animated cards to deal with.

To put it into simple terms for this guy,

During closed beta - people reported spending $400-$500 and getting every card.
During open beta - spend that same amount and you are not going to get those core 300 cards with the same flexiblity of making counter decks, because many of those cards will be dupes, just in animated form.

Closed beta had a reasonable CCG mechanic.
Open beta is far less reasonable, results in having to spend MORE money and time than the closed beta, and no one but NovaBlast seems to be fooled by it. I don't know if it's a lack of reading comprehension on his part, or if he's just afraid to read the truth perhaps because he is so excited and immersed in this game?

NovaBlast;n8677080 said:
"The rest of us" ....how many personalities do you have inthere ....and none of them actually know how accg works ? wow taht s bad luck man lol . LOL Look everyone crazy street yell proclaiming the government is lying to you and the world isis flat....nothing to see here fold move along pay no mind to the crazy person.

Woah buddy...

Anybody who's ever played Magic the Gathering, the GOAT of card collecting games, knows that it's a scam. The entire business model is predatory. We know it and we accept that as the price we pay to play the game.

I'm currently playing a Consume/Weather monster deck that I made by milling every card I get for the other factions. It's complete. There are no more cards I could get that are thematically related to the deck I play.

I'll probably play for another week or two and then be done with it. The target consumer for games like these is much younger and yes, I'll say it, less wise than I am. This isn't my first rodeo.

I did not play the CB, started playing about 5 days ago (1st or 2nd day of the OB).

For me, it most certainly is NOT a scam: it's perfectly clear what I get for my money and it is my choice whether to spend it.

However, I can see Eredin's point: if in the CB there was only one "flavour" of each card, and now there are two (animated vs static) and they're being treated as separate entities in kegs...I can see why someone might feel raw when their investment was reconverted to kegs.

I may well spend money on Gwent in the future, but only once the "Beta" tag is gone for good. Until then, I'll accept that a % of my losses are down to lacking the best golds and just grind it out.

This is the problem. You're comparing it to a "video game" it's not another video game, it's CCG. And while it's on a slippery slope of microtransactions it's basically a loophole with how this kind of game works.

You think they'd let you buy in for $60 and have everything in a card game, yeah that's not happening.

This is one of the rare cases where i can't find an issue with micro transactions. It's a card game just digital. My friend has spent thousands on MTG cards and what does he have to show for it? Piles of storage boxes of useless cards that are cheaper to store than to sell or throw away. So $600 for 600+ cards doesn't seem all that bad.

In the MTG example Gwent will never, ever, ever, ever reach that amount of cards. So if you want to go see how much a full set of every MTG card costs, and then complain to Wizards that you don't get a full experience, well just on then.

To go back to the above, at least with my useless Gwent cards I can mill them for something with no effort. Thousand card lots of MTG go for 10 bucks on ebay. So what is the issue exactly.

of course it's pay to win, it's CCG. Like one of the few acceptable times to have that!

Cs__sz__r;n8678260 said:
This is the problem. You're comparing it to a "video game" it's not another video game, it's CCG. And while it's on a slippery slope of microtransactions it's basically a loophole with how this kind of game works.

You think they'd let you buy in for $60 and have everything in a card game, yeah that's not happening.

This is one of the rare cases where i can't find an issue with micro transactions. It's a card game just digital. My friend has spent thousands on MTG cards and what does he have to show for it? Piles of storage boxes of useless cards that are cheaper to store than to sell or throw away. So $600 for 600+ cards doesn't seem all that bad.

In the MTG example Gwent will never, ever, ever, ever reach that amount of cards. So if you want to go see how much a full set of every MTG card costs, and then complain to Wizards that you don't get a full experience, well just on then.

To go back to the above, at least with my useless Gwent cards I can mill them for something with no effort. Thousand card lots of MTG go for 10 bucks on ebay. So what is the issue exactly.

of course it's pay to win, it's CCG. Like one of the few acceptable times to have that!

Why are you talking to me about MTG? LOL as I mentioned earlier, I was playing MTG when unlimited came out when most on here were in diapers.

No one said that it wasn't a CCG, but if you think the masses are going to pay $800 to get the full experience of the game you are only fooling yourself, much like CDPR is fooling themselves and fooling NovaBlast. Go play duels of the plainswalkers 2013, 2014, and 2015. Those are MTG card video games and you didn't have to spend over $800 to get all the cards in the game. You unlocked cards as you went along, or you spent I think $40 to get ALL the cards and the game was just as indepth if not more than Gwent. Those games are more in line with what Gwent should be. You could play 2v2 even. The games were amazing. People keep trying to justify spending all this money on card games. Wake up. You are the consumer. If everyone decided they weren't going to play the game, what is CDPR options? Would they rather make $60 a copy or nothing at all if everyone refused to play it?

You just heard first hand someone saying they will play it for a few weeks and then be done with it. Is this really the goal of CDPR? To have people quit their game in 2 weeks? Maybe someone needs to ask themselves why people feel compelled to quit so quickly? Could it be... maybe... just maybe... that the keg structure/milling concept vs $$ spent is an unbalanced joke?

It's 2017 and were having to give lessons on basic supply and demand concepts.... really? CCG is "acceptable"? Who made it acceptable? Gullible consumers that don't understand supply and demand?

As it was stated, in the CB there was only one type of each card, save for a few different artwork versions of commons and now there are two (animated vs static) and they're being treated as separate entities in kegs, so now we are looking at $800 instead of $500 when it should really be $60 considering DoTP was $40.

So my question again. Who does CDPR think they are fooling exactly?

If the answer is gullible consumers, then I will accept that as an answer.

Top Bottom