cdprojektred who are you trying to fool LOL\?

+
You're killing your own argument.

Compare Gwent which is a full set unto it's own to Duels of the Planes walkers. Lol.

No, compare it to MTG online if you want to even try to make an argument, because all I'm seeing is give me give me give me. If you want to bitch about actual detrimental microtransactions go on to Origins.

A single person quitting is hardly a basis for people quitting in two weeks as well.

The only person being fooled is you by your own hand.

Last edited:
God_of_Eredin;n8674400 said:
No, it's not wrong. 634 cards is 634 cards. I got 264 cards and those include animated versious within them. So I or anyone else opening many kegs essentially have cards that would normally not be annimated versions, which are essentially duplicates. The proper way to do it would have been to just change everything to animated, but they didn't do that so that they could try to get MORE MONEY out of you. It takes longer to not get dupes because of the animated cards!

Can't agree with u. The animated cards don't have any effect on gamepaly, and since scraping them gives u more scrap then regular they don't effect the drop rate much as well.

I'f u'd spend ur 200$ after the open beta began u would get abot 240 kegs meaning much less cards then u have now.

CDPR added the animated cards to get more money? Probably, and there is nothing wrong with that. But u don't have to have them in order to make a good deck. If u feel like u must collect them all, well... then its ur problem.

In conclusion, the good F2'P games try to make money for cosmetics, take DOTA for instance (it it was that way when i played it 3-4 years ago, have no idea whats going on there now), the lousy ones make u pay to have chance to win (P2W). I'm positive that at least for now gwent is in the first category.

This was the funniest thread of all week,i literally cant stop myself laughing!

On a more serious note, Riven-Twain why is this still open?!?!?!? :D

pl91;n8681740 said:
On a more serious note, Riven-Twain why is this still open?!?!?!? :D
I happened to be out this week-end.

Moderator: This thread doesn't appear to hold much promise as a model example of respectful conduct. Therefore, unless we see some drastic improvements, its Power will be reduce by 10, followed by a lock, and it will then be sent to the Graveyard.

Riven-Twain;n8682580 said:
I happened to be out this week-end.

Moderator: This thread doesn't appear to hold much promise as a model example of respectful conduct. Therefore, unless we see some drastic improvements, its Power will be reduce by 10, followed by a lock, and it will then be sent to the Graveyard.

allright then,keep up the good work!

Cs__sz__r;n8678980 said:
You're killing your own argument.

Compare Gwent which is a full set unto it's own to Duels of the Planes walkers. Lol.

No, compare it to MTG online if you want to even try to make an argument, because all I'm seeing is give me give me give me. If you want to bitch about actual detrimental microtransactions go on to Origins.

A single person quitting is hardly a basis for people quitting in two weeks as well.

The only person being fooled is you by your own hand.

Gwent is no more a "full set" than DoTP in that a "full set" is comprised of cards that allow you to put together various card combinations resulting in various decks and play mechanics. Gwent is no more advanced in that respect than 2013-2015 DoTP.

The last thing you want to do is compare Gwent to MTG online because MTG online has wayyyyyyyy more cards and far more combinations and mechanics than Gwent.

Cliffs: I made a compelling argument, it was questioned by some with essentially "but..but..but.. what about MTG?" to where I elaborated on MTG DoTP and it's $40 cost for all the cards within the game, and now I'm afraid we are in for nothing but back peddling from people that don't understand that DoTP is just as in depth as Gwent is.

Mods, I think it's time to close this thread now. Too much arguing for the sake of arguing instead of people just accepting the truth.

I've accomplished what I set out to, and anyone who reads this and has a basic understanding of supply/demand mechanics is no longer fooled.

Bottom line, having gwent priced similar to DoTP and rewarding players with new cars similar to how DoTP did it will result in far more players playing longer, sticking with the game, and having a more enjoyable experience than making them go through an unholy grind. Anyone who disagrees just simply doesn't understand how card games like this function. Do not use MTG online as your model. Use DoTP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom