CDPR's new Wroclaw team

+
Ya, saw that earlier, too. At this point I'll take anything that speeds up release of the game, just so anxious to check it out. :)

Hmm,
maybe not so cool.
cdpr is already huge, getting grants, one of the richest companies in the country, huge money flows, now buying other teams.

I guess, if they grow about 2x - 4x times from the size of now, they will become more to another random sterilized milking factory, because of money requirements between game releases;
and also good ideas will be lost in between size of the team, development pressure, own expectations, etc...
But good luck, they seem to go straight for what they want.

Also, weren't the guys from Strange new things planning to release their own game ?

0248991;n10699681 said:
Hmm,
maybe not so cool.
cdpr is already huge, getting grants, one of the richest companies in the country, huge money flows, now buying other teams.

I guess, if they grow about 2x - 4x times from the size of now, they will become more to another random sterilized milking factory, because of money requirements between game releases;
and also good ideas will be lost in between size of the team, development pressure, own expectations, etc...
But good luck, they seem to go straight for what they want.

Not sure if you knew they are planning on releasing another game apart form CP2077 before 2021, they're going to need a lot of people to deliver this promise.

0248991;n10699681 said:
Also, weren't the guys from Strange new things planning to release their own game ?
They were, I heard something happened to it.

MadqueenShow;n10728541 said:
Not sure if you knew they are planning on releasing another game apart form CP2077 before 2021, they're going to need a lot of people to deliver this promise.

It baffles me that a CDPR rep recently confirmed that timeline was still accurate. How could that possibly be the case? If the game (2077) releases in 2019 like many think, that is so little time to work on another title, not to mention DLC for 2077. If it's 2020, that's even more precarious. I guess a 2018 release might leave enough room for them to get something else out, but it's still tight.

I suppose they might end up doing what other bigger companies do and just have different teams completely focused on different products, capable of releasing those games independent of one another.

They might release a big expansion to Cyberpunk a year later and call it "their second AAA RPG" or, what I think is more likely, after CP release they will move their goalpost and release their next game in 2022 or 2023, unless they really grow in size until this point.

Top Bottom