CDP's "revolution" is here! ...and is hardly revolutionary

+
CDP's "revolution" is here! ...and is hardly revolutionary

cdp.pl

Basically, it's a copy of gog.com, but has games with publisher-requested DRM.

Woo hoo.

slimgrin said:
Surely you jest.
Well, besides the same initials as CD Project, I don't see the connection. I also don't see the CD Project (Red) logo anywhere. And it looks admittedly a lot like GoG.

So... Okay.

It's the same CDP. They're going through a corporate makeover. Go to CDP Red's site here and click on the CD Projekt button, it will take you to cdprojekt.com, which redirects to cdp.pl

The site's polish indeed, and the store seems to be specifically geared towards the local market - advertised are polish versions of all games and local prices.

Also, uh, guys, there was a conference today. I can understand why they're shy to post about it - complete marketing and technical failure.

Kodaemon said:
It's the same CDP. They're going through a corporate makeover. Go to CDP Red's site here and click on the CD Projekt button, it will take you to cdprojekt.com, which redirects to cdp.pl

The site's polish indeed, and the store seems to be specifically geared towards the local market - advertised are polish versions of all games and local prices.

Also, uh, guys, there was a conference today. I can understand why they're shy to post about it - complete marketing and technical failure.
I see. It's kinda weird though if CDP would allow DRM on the games it sells considering their stance on it.

EDIT: there was a conference today? Wasn't that supposed to be the 18th?

If it isn't about the release of a new game, I don't really care. They can do whatever they want. As long as that allows them to make awesome games, it's all good.

Forum veteran
For any CDP peoples who stumble this way:

I don't know what this is or what it will be, but what it looks like to a casual observer is you changing your stance from "DRM-free is the future" to "we think DRM-free might be the future, but aren't sure about that and want to hedge our bets."

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way and don't have all the facts. If there's an element of truth to that, however, remember that it's hard to take a principled stance when you cut off your legs; GOG already has it hard enough convincing people to release their games DRM-free without a parallel service (even if it's not global) sending the message that "DRM is totally groovy, man."

This was CD projekt "Blue" conference - they changed name to CDP .CDP was publishing and localising games in Poland since middle 1990's.

They didnt change stance or anything they didnt stop working etc etc just added digital shop in Poland.You are all overreacting.

They publish dozens games per year from all world wide publishers on polish market.

Dont mistake putting in same basket CD Projet RED and CDP.

Kodaemon said:
cdp.plBasically, it's a copy of gog.com, but has games with publisher-requested DRM.Woo hoo.
Only few games have DRM, but yeah, games can have this shit, which is very unfortunate. :/
Hardly a revolution, because there are only 34 games in catalogue at the moment. But prices are good. $9,50 (30 PLN) for TW2. Trine for $3,17 (10 PLN).

Kodaemon said:
It's polish (I think), so I can't understand it. What has this to do with CDP (Red)?
CDP.pl is a part of CD Projekt RED group. CDP.pl is former CD Projekt (Blue) - company which was at some point biggest retail games distributor in Poland. It was a company that changed Polish gaming market. They were pioneers in many areas e.g. full Polish localizations, low prices, great collectors editions etc. CD Projekt Red was created by CDPB - developers could make The Witcher 1, because CDP Blue earned a lot of money. But after TW1 release Polish market changed dramatically. CDPB lost leader position in retail, so they switched to digital.

So if CDP.pl will make a lot of money, CD Projekt RED will have more money for games development. It's as simple as that.

Vojtasass said:
CDP.pl is a part of CD Projekt RED group. CDP.pl is former CD Projekt (Blue) - company which was at some point biggest retail games distributor in Poland. It was a company that changed Polish gaming market. They were pioneers in many areas e.g. full Polish localizations, low prices, great collectors editions etc. CD Projekt Red was created by CDPB - developers could make The Witcher 1, because CDP Blue earned a lot of money. But after TW1 release Polish market changed dramatically. CDPB lost leader position in retail, so they switched to digital.

So if CDP.pl will make a lot of money, CD Projekt RED will have more money for games development. It's as simple as that.
I knew that, I wasn't thinking when I posted that.

Lol this new site is only directed to polish players, why the hell are you posting it here? Go complain to polish forums.

Nope, only where it's required.

Aver

Forum veteran
Kodaemon said:
cdp.pl

Woo hoo.

For Polish users it's big thing because there are no real Polish digital store. There is muve, but plenty of games there are just steam/uplay code.

One thing that is good is that it's basically gog but with games translated to polish so i can buy planescape torment or gothic games with superior polish VO.

Kodaemon said:
So far the general reaction seems to be mostly "meh".
Service just started - there are only 30 games to buy. GOG had 20 at the beginning. We have to wait and see, how CDP.pl will work.

Top Bottom