CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
@GHOSTMD
Amazon DE has only the German localized version of the game though. Completely useless for true "collectors".

The game is fully localized in a large number of languages.
The physical goodies will likely be in german, i.e. the compendium, etc, but how does this affect their value for a "true" collector?

The game is fully localized in a large number of languages.
The physical goodies will likely be in german, i.e. the compendium, etc, but how does this affect their value for a "true" collector?
I should have mentioned that's just my opinion.
Anyway, in German translation they tend to be kind of euphemistic which I've seen in several games before, and commonly even errors from the translation when comparing with the English ones, even in the boxed content.
However for me the main reason is that I simply prefer to have my collection of retail games all in English, since I have been collecting that way for ages. Besides that German isn't my native language either. :shrug:

This may sound a little bit nerd-ish but I think this is an important issue to consider when it's your hobby to collect games.
That said, the satisfaction would be annulated, if I suddenly have to put a German version of CP2077 CE next to my English version of my Witcher 3 CE for example. (Even more when CD Projekt RED is my most favourite developer).
This can't possibly be something that I could be proud of, especially in terms of limited items that is rare, it would more likely just remember me everytime I look at it, that I wasn't able to get my hands on the English version that I intended to buy initially.

You might share a different opinion, and I do respect that, but I hope this will explain the situation as of my perspective for you to understand and I think I am not talking just for myself. I can tell this demand is common among game collectors.

I actually would prefer to have the physical printed stuff in english as well, exactly for the reason that usually german translation is really, really lacking.

But for me it's purely hypothetical in any case, as I cannot even afford the CE in the first place, no matter which localisation. :shrug:

@GHOSTMD
Amazon DE has only the German localized version of the game though. Completely useless for true "collectors".

Hm? How so? Because i prefer to have the texts in my motherlanguage?
Sorry then that only german, austrian and swiss shops are on my radar.

*shrugs* presume i am not a "true" collector then *smirk* and i dont give a fuck.
I collect that what i want and when i can afford it. Simple as that.

@TalentX

Don t worry ^^ i am relaxed, far to close to hit the sheets and
dream of the announcement of a second wave of cp77 ce put out ^^

I am not sure if this is allowed and I most certainly know that people won't really trust me! But, on the off chance that someone wants a CE from the UK, I will gladly purchase it for you, have it delivered to my house then ship it with international post, BUT, you will cover postage as I am not willing to pay £30-50 depending on how much it comes out to.

Cheers and I hope you get to pre-order before even considering my option.

Thanks! That's what I'm worring about. I think it's just a matter of time. If I can make it this week, holding my bank account, I'm 99% safe from CE and just go for steam standard. (;′⌒`)

it is up to me.. i say.. get your money back and buy it from GOG!!!!

Steam get 30% of that money and you need to run steam to play CP2077.
Post automatically merged:

I hope the paint on the statue is well done. I've seen some of Geralt and the griffin that were... terrible :disapprove:

you don't know until you get your own mini statue. it is all hand painted.

I hope the paint on the statue is well done. I've seen some of Geralt and the griffin that were... terrible :disapprove:

Yeah, that's something I'd be worried about as well... I have one of those statues from the TW3 CE that sadly differ significantly from the promotional material... it isn't a total writeoff, but it's not even close to what I expected back then.

Hope they learned from that.

Hm? How so? Because i prefer to have the texts in my motherlanguage?
Sorry then that only german, austrian and swiss shops are on my radar.

*shrugs* presume i am not a "true" collector then *smirk* and i dont give a fuck.
I collect that what i want and when i can afford it. Simple as that.

What is the True version then? Polish? or English?

Yeah, that's something I'd be worried about as well... I have one of those statues from the TW3 CE that sadly differ significantly from the promotional material... it isn't a total writeoff, but it's not even close to what I expected back then.

Hope they learned from that.

Maybe they will ship it with paint and pencils so we can do it our self. Even cheaper for CDPR and we get the best !

Is there any info on the statue itself? It doesn't say what it's made out of or anything in the description

I kinda wanted to get myself the English version but I can't apparently.

And it seems the CE has sold out in my country so I'm just going to stick with the standard one off GoG. Not a huge loss for me (since it's not in English).

What is the True version then? Polish? or English?

Huh? What do you mean "true" Version? o_O the Collectors Editions is just THAT.
You get it in what ever language you personally prefer (if avaiable).
What a weird question .... but if you mean the ORIGIN of the CE well then it is
polish ofc since the very first CE would be a polish one, CDPR is a polish company
after all.

Wow, another cool reason to get the CE. Love these arts :ok:

Talking about the steelcases, is there a way to know which store sells which steelcase? Or are they randomized? All four of them look awesome but I really want to grab whichever North American PC Collectors Edition has the Tyger Claws one in particular, or the Valentinos one if the previous one becomes hard to get:cool:

Another question: are there any channels to know when the NA PC CE will be available?

A question for CDPR: The CE is already sold out. Will you Produce more Units in the next months?

Extremely unlikely, the Collector's Edition is meant to be limited after all.

I understand the disappointment, really, but I also understand that people paying 225 bucks or more for a limited Collector's Edition might also feel slighted if suddenly they were being reproduced and thus the limitation revoked, or at least significantly lessened.

Extremely unlikely, the Collector's Edition is meant to be limited after all.

I understand the disappointment, really, but I also understand that people paying 225 bucks or more for a limited Collector's Edition might also feel slighted if suddenly they were being reproduced and thus the limitation revoked, or at least significantly lessened.
Did you get the CE?

The one with the machete/knife.
Brah I'm blind, where does it say that? My store is giving out Maelstorm with pre-orders. I'd rather the Valentinos too bc of Jackie :cry:

Top Bottom