CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
CDPR Headquarters:

"So, this decision to not sell the CE in North America kind of backfired. People are upset. How do we fix this?"

"Simple, we make the CE available in North America. A grand total of..."

"Impossible! We don't nearly have enough stock."

"Let me finish. We make a grand total of 4 copies available there. Send one to amazon, one to bestbuy, one to target and one to gamestop, just so that there was ever a listing."

"Brilliant! Now they won't be able to say we never catered to the NA territory!"

man i'm so mad i can't believe this shit. what's even going on with this company right now? how could they mess up so badly? pro consumer my ass, the game is still not out FOR A YEAR, most people interested haven't even heard about the CE existing and yet it's already sold out. even if you were f5ing on different stores like a dumbass for hours there is a high chance you didn't get your CE. do i really have to pay scalper prices now because they made such a crazy low amount of CEs? unbelievable.

man i'm so mad i can't believe this shit. what's even going on with this company right now? how could they mess up so badly? pro consumer my ass, the game is still not out FOR A YEAR, most people interested haven't even heard about the CE existing and yet it's already sold out. even if you were f5ing on different stores like a dumbass for hours there is a high chance you didn't get your CE. do i really have to pay scalper prices now because they made such a crazy low amount of CEs? unbelievable.
There is a slim hope that CDPR, knowing how badly they are fumbling this entire thing, might push more in to distribution. That's really all there is left. Otherwise, twice the cost of the game (three times total) is going to a bunch of people who don't even want it, and that is so infuriating that it's making me dislike CDPR and their handling of this situation. Meanwhile, all social media is silent, after a late and ruinous announcement of preorder availability, and moderators on discord are playing World of Warcraft.

I'm considering not even buying the game now, to be honest. If CDPR cares so little for their NA PC audience, which includes me, I'll just tip on out before getting burned again. Gwent already left a sour taste in my mouth, and watching one of my favorite companies shoot themselves in the foot over and over is saddening, not to mention my most anticipated game in years put through the wringer with potential changes/revelations that weren't there a year ago. The hype is straight in to space now, and on release day finding out that this is just another NMS will be extremely, and painfully, funny.

Last edited:
Thank goodness i already pre-ordered the PS4 version because i felt that somehow PC would get shafted.
I was going to just sell my PS4 CE copy to my friend and get the PC CE, but I guess i can try to sell the PS4 disk and buy PC. -_-
This clusterf* is rediculous.

I hope many of you bought a backup on console too. Sell the disk, keep the goodies, buy a GoG, Steam or physical standard.

Wait. What's this about CDPR not sending CE's to North America?

I was able to get a CE from Gamestop with no issues.

Edit: Ah. It's for the PC users isn't it?

Yep. Originally NA was not going to get a CE for PC. CDPR, to their credit, stepped in to fix that and make CE copies available.

To their non-credit it appears that they either made an incredibly small number available relative to demand, or did not put enough protections in place to keep Ebayers form buying up thousands for resale at inflated prices.

I can certainly understand the anger and frustration of those people who didn't secure a copy. I'm a fortunate one in that I managed to get one, so I'm perhaps a bit less emotional about the mess, but it is fair to say that this has not been one of the company's finest moments.

It's a little uncertain how much of the mess is CDPR's fault vs. WB's fault, and you still have to account for the fact that even good intentioned people can screw up and miscalculate, but there's a lot of understandably angry folks out there. The good news is that there is still plenty of time left to try fixing the issue again.

Ironically, one of the best hypothetical fixes is also one of the most desired. Just make more copies of the CE available...increase available supply enough to leave the Ebayers holding the bag with hundreds of copies that they can't sell at a 300% profit margin.

Lots of months available to do this.

To a certain extent it would still be fixing a problem of CDPR's own making, but fixing a mistake is still fixing. It may not necessarily earn you a proverbial cookie, but at least it won't earn you lingering bad feelings either if you can make amends.

Ironically, one of the best hypothetical fixes is also one of the most desired. Just make more copies of the CE available...increase available supply enough to leave the Ebayers holding the bag with hundreds of copies that they can't sell at a 300% profit margin.
This won't fix the problem. If they create a bunch more CE's to fill demand, then the scalpers, seeing that they won't make a profit, will just cancel their preorders as soon as they start seeing CE's still available in stores. Then this will create the exact problem that was sort of floating around the rumor mill to begin with when it was allegedly WB that didn't want to release a CE due to poor sales of previous CE's... or something. But considering CDPR, or WB, never actually confirmed this (silent social media becoming an all too common irritation at this point), all we can do is speculate, and that speculation is starting to veer towards CDPR losing touch with reality, becoming too big for their britches, and growing a fat head over all the hype they're getting over this in a "Oh, we certainly can't fail, look at all this attention we're getting!" moment, which wouldn't be the first time a triple A gaming company has over-estimated their infallibility after becoming hugely successful.

This won't fix the problem. If they create a bunch more CE's to fill demand, then the scalpers, seeing that they won't make a profit, will just cancel their preorders as soon as they start seeing CE's still available in stores. Then this will create the exact problem that was sort of floating around the rumor mill to begin with when it was allegedly WB that didn't want to release a CE due to poor sales of previous CE's... or something. But considering CDPR, or WB, never actually confirmed this (silent social media becoming an all too common irritation at this point), all we can do is speculate, and that speculation is starting to veer towards CDPR losing touch with reality, becoming too big for their britches, and growing a fat head over all the hype they're getting over this in a "Oh, we certainly can't fail, look at all this attention we're getting!" moment, which wouldn't be the first time a triple A gaming company has over-estimated their infallibility after becoming hugely successful.

Good point on the scalpers cancelling preorders angle.

Yep. Originally NA was not going to get a CE for PC. CDPR, to their credit, stepped in to fix that and make CE copies available.

To their non-credit it appears that they either made an incredibly small number available relative to demand, or did not put enough protections in place to keep Ebayers form buying up thousands for resale at inflated prices.

I can certainly understand the anger and frustration of those people who didn't secure a copy. I'm a fortunate one in that I managed to get one, so I'm perhaps a bit less emotional about the mess, but it is fair to say that this has not been one of the company's finest moments.

It's a little uncertain how much of the mess is CDPR's fault vs. WB's fault, and you still have to account for the fact that even good intentioned people can screw up and miscalculate, but there's a lot of understandably angry folks out there. The good news is that there is still plenty of time left to try fixing the issue again.

Lots of months available to do this.

To a certain extent it would still be fixing a problem of CDPR's own making, but fixing a mistake is still fixing. It may not necessarily earn you a proverbial cookie, but at least it won't earn you lingering bad feelings either if you can make amends.

so far like cdpr isn't interested in fixing anyhting though. they pretty clearly said no restocks. have fun paying those scalper prices on ebay. i still don't understand how it's even possible to screw up this much? like how?

like how?
Good question, but I doubt we'll get a straight answer from anyone in a position important enough to take seriously, and instead will likely be a doctored marketing statement of appeasement. But hey, I would absolutely love to be wrong and have someone come forward with a heartfelt apology... won't change the fact that they still hardcore screwed themselves and many of their customers, but I would appreciate the sentiment.

Last edited:
Lilayah did apologize on the Discord.
1. She is a community manager with little to no power. She was also playing World of Warcraft as all of this went down.
2. "Sorry you are upset!" doesn't really cut it, and is actually pretty insulting as apologies go.

I'll give her a D- for effort, though. She at least said something, unlike everyone else at CDPR.

Lilayah did apologize on the Discord.

If I had to guess, I would guess that CDPR is genuinely unhappy with how this turned out. I mean, why wouldn't they be? Unlike some of the shitty things that other companies have done DELIBERATELY, there's no upside to them for how this is all playing out: just lost profit and unhappy customers.

They don't release major AAA titles yearly like some companies. Cyberpunk 2077 is as big of a deal for them as it is for us and at no point have they shown any indication that quality and customer satisfaction isn't a big priority for them.

I think they've stepped on their metaphorical "Johnson" a few times in recent weeks, but I don't think there's any malice to it and I suspect they're already taking notes on how to not repeat the issue with their next title.

You sure GameStop is gonna be around next year? ;)

Thank goodness i already pre-ordered the PS4 version because i felt that somehow PC would get shafted.
I was going to just sell my PS4 CE copy to my friend and get the PC CE, but I guess i can try to sell the PS4 disk and buy PC. -_-
This clusterf* is rediculous.

I hope many of you bought a backup on console too. Sell the disk, keep the goodies, buy a GoG, Steam or physical standard.
Yup... picked up Xbone copy with similar thought. It sucks the PC crowd is basically forced to buy the game twice... This was really poorly executed by all parties involved.. CDRP, WB, and e-tailers.

You sure GameStop is gonna be around next year? ;)

Yup... picked up Xbone copy with similar thought. It sucks the PC crowd is basically forced to buy the game twice... This was really poorly executed by all parties involved.. CDRP, WB, and e-tailers.

is it even possible to buy a CE for any console from a non scalper right now? i thought they are completly sold out too?

also remember we are still 1 year away from release, regular people who are not folliwing cdpr on all social media channels like us will basically have zero chance to get their hands on a CE. that's just crazy i've never heard about something like that ever happen in the gaming industry. one year before release all CEs sold out after a couple hours and no restocks? what the??? shame on you cdpr

is it even possible to buy a CE for any console from a non scalper right now? i thought they are completly sold out too?

also remember we are still 1 year away from release, regular people who are not folliwing cdpr on all social media channels like us will basically have zero chance to get their hands on a CE. that's just crazy i've never heard about something like that ever happen in the gaming industry. one year before release all CEs sold out after a couple hours and no restocks? what the??? shame on you cdpr
GameStop is still accepting orders for the console's Collector's Editions, so if you want the feelies you can still get them there:
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/cyberpunk-2077-collectors-edition/178513
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/cyberpunk-2077-collectors-edition/178508
They don't charge until they ship, so you can at least squat on it in case PC collector's editions somehow come back in stock.
Edit: and Best Buy still has the Xbox Collector's Edition:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpunk-2077-collectors-edition-xbox-one/6352440.p?skuId=6352440

Top Bottom