CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
At this point i'm convinced i want this game in the collector's edition. It would be my first collector's edition and i hate a few questions.
1. I never owned any. I was trying to find many CE of some games to compare the prices, yet there is an incredible difference with the prices for every game! I really have no idea how much it'll cost. It anyone has an idea, please tell me!
2. There is always a smaller amount of special editions than the standard ones. I Hope all of them won't sellout in the first 10 secs :p
3. Shipping to Czech republic, if i would order it from the official site?

What's your opinion on the CE for this game? Will you ne buying the standard or any above it? Máme sure to share your opinion in the comments!

I wish you all a good day!

Regarding your first point, the added items on Collector's Editions vary widely too, so without knowing the contents, there is no way of even guesstimating the price. It really depends on whether the CE is as simple as a shiny box and a poster or as elaborate as Fallout where they had a full-on T-51 power armor helmet complete with working headlamp and voice modulator. Needless to say, the latter is more expensive (and made in smaller quantities) than the former.

dextrv

Forum regular
They just announced it. Game is coming in april 2020, pre orders are open.

I'm on my cellphone, so I took a few screenshots just for the sake of it:

Attachments

• 20190609_184623.jpg
    20190609_184623.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 331
  • 20190609_184558.jpg
    20190609_184558.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 341
  • 20190609_184642.jpg
    20190609_184642.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 306
i want to join with my own question: is the collectors edition contnet is universal or the xbox one will have extra goodies like ib the witcher 3 collectors one?

and will other countries be added to the list of countries, or those are the only ones worthy of getting the collectors edition?

Cyberpunk's preorder page still says coming soon, but I just able to order the CE through Amazon. Make sure you search for "Cyberpunk 20177 Collector's Edition"

It's on Amazon, it's on GameStop, it's on Best Buy -- but only for PS4/Xbox One so far. No PC CE's have gone live yet.

It looks like North America isn’t getting collectors edition for PC. Confirmed on twitter that the US won’t be and Canadian retailers dont mention a PC version anywhere in the picture for the collectors edition. Almost makes me want to buy the game twice, lol.

Yeah, is the CE going to be on PC ? Because right now there's no info about the PC version, which is really worrying
You may want to consider ordering the console version if you want it at all. This is how I missed out on the TW3 CE- waiting for it. Came too late. Never got it. Funny how this is only a thing with CDPR? I mean why can't they just release them all at the same time?

It looks like North America isn’t getting collectors edition for PC. Confirmed on twitter that the US won’t be and Canadian retailers dont mention a PC version anywhere in the picture for the collectors edition. Almost makes me want to buy the game twice, lol.

That's correct - in North America the game will be available on PC in digital form only. Box editions are available for PS4 and Xbox.

Got mine at Amazon.
For those that want the Collector's Edition, my advice is to pre-order now.
Cyberpunk 2077 CE is going to be sold out real quick... super quick.
I am also gonna get the PC version when it becomes available.

It seems that the gamestop CE only has the male V figurine. Aside from the regular game having only male V on the cover.

It's frustrating that it's 2019 (and will be 2020) and in a game about choices, the almost always place the male character for promotional purposes. I'll see if other stores have anything different.

That's correct - in North America the game will be available on PC in digital form only. Box editions are available for PS4 and Xbox.

Why on earth would CDPR shaft PC players like this?

This is a game TAILOR MADE for playing on PC. After all the amazing mods that Witcher 3 had, PC players have to choose between the following options?

1. Forgo the mods by getting a console version if they want the CE.
2. Forgo the cool Collector's Edition stuff if they want the mods
3. Shell out $60 OVER AND ABOVE the CE if they want to both play the game on the PC AND have the mods.

This really sucks. About the worst possible announcement I could have seen. I've been waiting years to shell out for the PC Collector's Edition.

Serious question: Can one of the mods please explain the reasoning why CDPR went this route? Because I can't see any real upside to doing so.

Top Bottom