CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
It seems that the gamestop CE only has the male V figurine. Aside from the regular game having only male V on the cover.

It's frustrating that it's 2019 (and will be 2020) and in a game about choices, the almost always place the male character for promotional purposes. I'll see if other stores have anything different.

As pointed out in the list of physical items coming with the game, there will be a reversible cover to give you a choice of how it's going to look. We're planning to have female V pictured on the other side of the cover.

As pointed out in the list of physical items coming with the game, there will be a reversible cover to give you a choice of how it's going to look. We're planning to have female V pictured on the other side of the cover.
That's great. How about the CE figurine? Will we be able to choose? I know ubisoft sold another CE that had Kassandra.

Edit: And maybe I'm blind but I don't see the description of the reversible cover in the physical items sections.
The Collector's Edition comes with the following physical items:
  • Collector's Edition box
  • Case with game discs
  • Collectible SteelBook®
  • 25 cm / 10 inch statue depicting V - the game's protagonist - in action
  • Hardcover art book
  • Metal pin set
  • Quadra V-tech metal keychain
  • An annotated copy of A Visitor's Guide to Night City sealed in an NCPD Evidence Bag
  • Embroidered patches
  • World Compendium detailing the game's setting and lore
  • Postcards from Night City
  • Map of Night City
  • Sticker bomb set

About the only two possibilities that I can theorize are:

1. CDPR is cheaping out by not making Collector's Edition available for PC in North America because of, I dunno, shipping costs or something?

2. CDPR has some sort of deal with one or the other of the major console manufacturers not to do a PC Physical Collector's Edition in North America. Or PC physical edition at all.

Neither possibility really paints a famously consumer friendly company like CDPR who has, justifiably, earned so much goodwill in a flattering light.

CDPR would already have my $250 if a PC CE version was available for preorder.

Wow i can't express how disappointed I am that there's no PC CE. I can't believe this isn't offered. I was so looking forward to this since it was announced. Last time i bought a CE was Star Wars Galaxies. I thought this one would've been worth it. Shame.

@Vattier, will there be a European/German PC-Version of the CE ? Its so frustrating to be this in the dark. I want one and i'd have to order from Outside the Country so its not sold out until i cant order :/

To any PC player I would say: look at this as an investment. Keep it wrapped and sell it in two years. That's what I'm going to do. I'd like to have one of my own, but if it's not for PC I'm auctioning this thing off on Ebay and making some money.

I have saved and saved to be able to get myself the PC Collectors Edition here in the US. I am a long term terminal cancer patient on SSDI and so I don't have a ton of money to throw around. I only spend money on games I REALLY want, and only buy Collectors Editions for games that I feel are going to be "life changing" in terms of bringing me pleasure and putting time into the game, so in general, I might make 1 such purchase every 1-2 years.

I had saved enough, but now it seems like there might not be a PC collectors edition? This seems nuts to me since not only does it show a PC case in the photos, but if there are PS4 and Xbox Collectors in the USA, WHY IN THE WORLD would there not be a PC? Its literally just switching CD's or Codes out.

And to top it off, now it seems like the PS4 and Xbox editions are sold out most places, so those PC players who were waiting for the PC version might get screwed out of even getting a different version simply to have a collectors edition. Granted, at least for me, I don't have an Xbox or Ps4 so it would be a bit of a waste since I would have to pay another $60 to get a PC version.

PLEASE CDPR, can we get some clear answers on what's going on with the PC collectors edition.

Has my saving up been in vain?

I am going to be devastated if there is no PC Collectors Edition for the US, and if the PS4 and Xbox ones are sold out already thats just another kick in the teeth. Especially since they are already popping up on Ebay for like $1000...

To any PC player I would say: look at this as an investment. Keep it wrapped and sell it in two years. That's what I'm going to do. I'd like to have one of my own, but if it's not for PC I'm auctioning this thing off on Ebay and making some money.

That's great for anyone looking to turn a profit. Not so great for people who wanted the collector's edition to KEEP and enjoy.

cdpr games main foucs is about telling good stories. i can only tell you an intresting one, but i don't think it's very good...

cdpr made a name for themselves through selling cd's for pc. they even honor their own roots in the company name. than they made in my own opinion, an extreamly good debout game! for pc... and a very good sequal also! for pc... than they release their latest masterpiece, which gives them worldwide and platform crossing acclaim... and fairly so.

but since than apparently, the bluray of the consoles has somehow make them forget about the philosophy of "owening your game" which they rightfully pride themselves on. a no pc physical edition, not only in north america, but worldwide as well, is a darn shame for a company who partly got to where they are today due to cd's... and a storefront for pc games only, but thats digital only and off my point.

i will buy this game eventually, through gog, but i am sad to see that pc players such as i and i belive quite many more like me can't get a hard physical copy. i belive that a very supportive and loyal community such as us desserve at least an explenation to this decision.

Top Bottom