CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Well here it is. Props for being clear:

Clearer than when TW3 released anyway.
This isnt really clear at all. Not only does it not specifically talk about the PC Collectors edition, just the PC edition, but it implies that the boxed versions will come with a code. So a PC collectors edition could still exist, just with a code inside the box instead of a CD.

This isnt really clear at all. Not only does it not specifically talk about the PC Collectors edition, just the PC edition, but it implies that the boxed versions will come with a code. So a PC collectors edition could still exist, just with a code inside the box instead of a CD.

it also specifies only the U.S.

Right now my thought process is that I'll order an international version of the PC game to get the collector's edition. It would not be the first time. In order to get the uncensored version of Witcher 1 I ordered the U.K. version.

that is exactly what he meant. there will be in some places collector's edition for the pc. but insted of a physiscal disc, or an evan coller usb drive with the game on it, you will have a digital code, probably for gog but may also be for steam.

There is no PC collectors edition. And according to this, there may be no PC boxed version at all.

It seems that the gamestop CE only has the male V figurine. Aside from the regular game having only male V on the cover.

It's frustrating that it's 2019 (and will be 2020) and in a game about choices, the almost always place the male character for promotional purposes. I'll see if other stores have anything different.

I knew someone would complain about this.... :smart:

it also specifies only the U.S.

Right now my thought process is that I'll order an international version of the PC game to get the collector's edition. It would not be the first time. In order to get the uncensored version of Witcher 1 I ordered the U.K. version.
i could have bought the north america ps4 collector's, i had the money for two even, but my ps4 is eu and i don't want to have problems with future dlc, and my whole ps4 collection is pal anyway. amazon uk won't send games to where i live, and the us ce are already gone... and i would have preferd a pc in the first place. my ps4 is ofr games i can't play on pc...

Incredibly disappointing. This decision is so puzzling. The PC CE version exists elsewhere. The console CE versions exist in NA. But for some reason the PC CE version is singled out in NA—why? What possible good reason is there for this? Can someone from CDPR answer?

Also not happy that I wasted several hours refreshing their site and many retailers' hoping to scoop up my first ever CE for any game. Their website showed a US option for PC CE (granted, no retailers were listed yet) and some responses on twitter indicated that PC CE was coming. It wasn't until hours after they announced pre-orders that they mentioned no NA PC CE version.

For a company that prides itself in creating quality experience for all gamers and whose foundation was built on PC gaming, shafting the NA PC market is so disappointing.

Last edited:
That's correct - in North America the game will be available on PC in digital form only. Box editions are available for PS4 and Xbox.

I don't care how or why this is a fact, but honestly I think CD Projekt Red & Mike Pondsmith wouldn't honestly screw over NA gamers & fans of Cyberpunk to not sell a PC version of the CE. I don't care what you guys got to do to make it possible in the US but no matter what ya had to do or the price we would have to pay the fans would pay for it & I think it is messed up your going to shaft PC players like that.

I am hoping to hear that change in the coming weeks cause honestly I want the CE way more then the standard & honestly would rather preorder the CE now. If I have to only get standard I will honestly wait till the month before to preorder it cause then it becomes less of a priority to buy the game.

Also for those thinking that tweet by Marcin Momot meant there will be a CE for PC in NA/US. It doesn't he literally says, "PC will only br available digitally." Meaning there is no box with all the CE stuff in it & a download code in an empty game box for US. NA/US PC players are getting shafted hard.

Last edited:
Well here it is. Props for being clear:

Clearer than when TW3 released anyway.
Actually,
With all due respect to "Marcin", this doesn't clarify ANYTHING!
There is no justifiable reason for excluding a Collector's Edition for PC. (hell, it's still shown in the picture...a PC case!) Even if it only contained a paper insert with a GOG.com redemption code, there could and should be a Collector's Edition available.
What needs to be clarified, in very specific terms is the reason (or reasons) for this opt out.
It was very clear with The Witcher: Wild Hunt that they were releasing a PC Collector's Edition (and eventually offered free digital copies later.)
Simply "going digital" is not an explanation or justification for why PC gamers are being denied a Collector's Edition and instead must now: 1) settle for the digital copies only or 2) Buy the game twice.
Strange as it may seem, PC gamers (like any other gamer) also like physical collectables of their favorite titles, or titles they are excited about!
If this reply is actually read by anyone, it would be a tremendous show to the fans to explain this issue and not just gloss over it.

Is it too late to exchange this ugly figure for this? :cry:
11111.png

I want this for the CE. Or CDPR to sell them in the store at least.
Me too. I was hoping that the lady with the mantis blades would be in the CE, with better sculpts and paint job.
Regardless, I pre-ordered the CE (PS4). It is what it is, I suppose.

However, I am still hoping that a figurine/statue of her will be available thru the CDPR Store. May be, like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 will have it's own series of characters figurines offerings. And she will be among them.

Guest 4149880

Me too. I was hoping that the lady with the mantis blades would be in the CE, with better sculpts and paint job.
Regardless, I pre-ordered the CE (PS4). It is what it is, I suppose.

However, I am still hoping that a figurine/statue of her will be available thru the CDPR Store. May be, like The Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077 will have it's own series of characters figurines offerings. And she will be among them.

Well seeing as V will have a custom look for everyone, I figured the statue might have been an established character rather then the main character, plus there's a female V as well so this CE is kind of odd to me, honestly.

What. The. Hell?

Why?
Probably the retailer's in the usa demanded stupid prizes and monopoly.

I trust CDPR that they do the right thing. More then greed driven usa.
Post automatically merged:

Just Ordered the PC-CE on Amazon (im German) so there IS a PC version just not everywhere ^^ and the CDPR-Website is'nt even listing anything for Germany so yeah :/
Amazon can sell you anything... even stuff that is not true. And when it is confirmed they can't deliver, they send you the money back. (Without interest!!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom