CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
What the heck is going on here?! How the hell did PC gamers get shafted so hard. I was about to ball out on the CE for PC. How the heck do you expect me to play FPS on freaking consoles?
Will there at least be mouse and keyboard support for PS4?

Jesus christ. I'm hella pissed. I understand this is probably not CDPR's fault. I've never wanted a game so bad, only to get completely shafted just for my platform of choice. How the heck am I supposed to get the full experience of this game on a freaking PS4?

They're able to sell the CE for PS4/Xbox in the US. How hard is it to literally just throw a CD key in the box?!

I literally built my friend his PC for the sole purpose for getting this game for PC and we were both going to dish out for the CE.

The PC CE (but not Xbox and PS4) in Australia looks like it has already sold out while I was at work and unable to think about ordering it. :/

Took less than 12 hours.

Well, not to get in the way of people's anger over this issue but,

A. This is about the game, which everyone can get. The extra goodies are just that - extra goodies. Not a part of the 2077 actual game.

B. Do what I did for Witcher 3. Buy the CE as part of any console. By the PC game on GoG ( and enjoy a hefty 30% off at the CDPR store, which -will- be open to NA orders. I didn't get that for W3).

When you get the CE, sell/trade the actual game disk for the console version contained inside ( plus case) and voila. You have the goodies and your PC playable game.

I recommend the Samurai necklace from Gamestop. Quite cool.

People upset about trinkets and toys?

Who would’ve guessed. :D
Come on, Kofe. Don't be like that.

People are excited about this game, and some of them have never bought a CE until now. They want to support CDPR and have a few neat collector's items to put on their shelves.

Not much different than splurging on PC hardware just so you can have prettier graphics, or a fancy car that goes a billion miles per hour.

That said, the extreme anger is unwarranted. Disappointment, sure.

Frustration aside, the least they could do is offer the individual contents of the CE, on the store page, sometime after release. Preferably giving notice ASAP, that they will be working on that goal. They've got people just dying for a reason to throw $250 at them, and they're going to let warner brothers tarnish their reputation, among a whole continent of PC gamers?

it's barely been over hours, and further ten months to go, hopefully the hype will help for more retailers globally to stock-pile and demand. And hopefully this time CE copies for sale (and more of them) will release here this time too

The snubbing of the US PC customer base and the lack of transparency as to why that decision was made is a huge slap in the face to those fans. What a woefully terrible choice. All this does is allow ebay sellers to gouge the people that really want one when that money could have gone to CDPR instead. Seriously, what the hell?

The snubbing of the US PC customer base and the lack of transparency as to why that decision was made is a huge slap in the face to those fans. What a woefully terrible choice. All this does is allow ebay sellers to gouge the people that really want one when that money could have gone to CDPR instead. Seriously, what the hell?

As CDPR confirmed, it wasn't their decision.

There's a lot that can go wrong with distribution deals these days, especially when we're talking about physical distribution. Bear in mind that CDPR is not the distributor in US(I think it's Warner Bros).

But no matter what went wrong, CDPR hands are most likely tied when it comes to open communication about this, certain agreements have been signed and there's an NDA section in there for sure. I understand it sucks, but that's the reality.

Collection edition sold out uk, saw something on Reddit about no hard box in North America looked collectors edition up on eBay all pretty much selling in USA $500.00 and up. How many of those copies were from uk I wonder if this is all true. Isn’t it about time there was some regulation for this shit? And why deliberately cause this if it’s true CDPROJET RED? Yours lovingly, from a devoted fan that’s waited years to preorder the collectors edition for this game 💔

As CDPR confirmed, it wasn't their decision.

There's a lot that can go wrong with distribution deals these days, especially when we're talking about physical distribution. Bear in mind that CDPR is not the distributor in US(I think it's Warner Bros).

But no matter what went wrong, CDPR hands are most likely tied when it comes to open communication about this, certain agreements have been signed and there's an NDA section in there for sure. I understand it sucks, but that's the reality.
I suppose you think these fans should just forgive them and accept whatever stupid deal it was that signed away the satisfaction of a large portion of their customer base then, huh? Blame WB, not CDPR? This slap didn't just fall out of the sky, it was a deliberate action for some, currently, unseen reason, and that anyone in a leadership position at CDPR read this clause and shrugged it off is showing a huge disconnection from the reality of the situation; it was a terrible decision and an insult to a lot of people that care about this sort of thing.

The Collector's Edition for PC is definitely coming to the UK right? I pre-ordered early this morning but it's now gone from the only retailer stocking it here (GAME), I would like to know if it's gone because it's really out of stock like the site says or because it's not being released here.

Im not sure about the CE, its just not my cup of tea! Nine out of ten times it's just a little extra fluff. But I may do something I haven't done since literally 1996.... when I pre-ordered the N64+Super Mario 64. So yeah... I guess that makes me an old fart now! :cry: Here comes my pre order for CP!

It seems that the gamestop CE only has the male V figurine. Aside from the regular game having only male V on the cover.

It's frustrating that it's 2019 (and will be 2020) and in a game about choices, the almost always place the male character for promotional purposes. I'll see if other stores have anything different.

Yeah last year I thought that would finally change but it's Mass Effects Shepard all over again with the female version axed from the marketing, instead you get standard Video Game Hero with a gun.

So, first off, I was the lead person on getting the Hitman 2 community rallied together for a PC CE -- it wasn't going to happen (per WB) and finally, did. Even then, they didn't do a PC CE release for NA / US. I wound up ordering the game from France. Thankfully the activation was in no way region locked.

That said, I did find the game up on Amazon.de with shipping to U.S. and went ahead and locked down a pre-order.

Still. Questions.

a) Can anyone from CDPR confirm the absolute ironclad "never gonna happen" for PC CE NA US (yay alphabet soup!)
Because if not, hey, let's be civil, polite, and open a dialogue. I've quite literally seen it work. Ranting and cursing and threatening to never support them again? Doesn't.

b) Any form of region / language locking? Unlikely with CDPR, but would be nice to get some confirmation.

c) For those who can / will order from another country -- are the CE items localized? i.e. will the art book for the edition I'm getting be all in German?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and I'll try to follow up here frequently from now on.

Edit: https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/ioi-warner-make-a-pc-ce-please/23085/3 This loooong thread shows an epic journey of making this happen.
But it _can_ happen.

Last edited:
I bet the reason for no CE for PC is WB said something along the lines "We lost money with Witcher 3 CE PC distribution so we won't cover it this time". Would be weird if so...

Top Bottom