CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Id like to propose a female-ish version of the CE that features the female main character, possibly with a techie / netrunner / corporate starting class / background in mind, as well as a female statue. TY for consideration.

Hey Reds,

i don t know if it is all set in stone yet for the CE. But would it be possible to get
a Fem V Version of that Statue?

Pretty Please? *Puppyeyes*

PS:
Nothing more to say then, this CE is awesome (as expected)
Thx once more CDPR o7

I bet the reason for no CE for PC is WB said something along the lines "We lost money with Witcher 3 CE PC distribution so we won't cover it this time". Would be weird if so...

But the PC CE of TW3 was sold out in hours and that is true for every region, so I don't see why only the US aren't going to get the CE of Cyberpunk 2077

Frustration aside, the least they could do is offer the individual contents of the CE, on the store page, sometime after release. Preferably giving notice ASAP, that they will be working on that goal. They've got people just dying for a reason to throw $250 at them, and they're going to let warner brothers tarnish their reputation, among a whole continent of PC gamers?

Final Fantasy is OVER 150Gigs! 2077?! 200?,250+? Easy.
I would be happy with this,as a compromise. Make the items available for sale as a bundle and separately for those of us willing to spend the extra money,which I am more then willing to do,(and tried desperately last night). Look,I built a new PC for Morrowind, Crysis,and $$ upgrades for others.... but THIS,DAMN... I after what I saw yesterday? I am thinking Falcon Northwest,or another boutique builder,just give me good Nvidia SLI Support. Please and Thank you.

As pointed out in the list of physical items coming with the game, there will be a reversible cover to give you a choice of how it's going to look. We're planning to have female V pictured on the other side of the cover.

That's nice and all but what's the reasoning for axing female V like that and make it appear as if she doesn't exist at all anymore? She's not on the big poster, not on the cover, not in the trailer, not in the Collectors Edition, not on the compendium, hell she isn't even on the banner of this forum.

Last edited:
Their pre-order website is confusing... will there be or won't there be a CE version for PC available for Europe?

Last edited:
Has my saving up been in vain?

Saving is, quite often or most of the time, usually never in vain.

Just Ordered the PC-CE on Amazon (im German) so there IS a PC version just not everywhere ^^ and the CDPR-Website is'nt even listing anything for Germany so yeah :/
Oddly enough when I checked on there (for a European / German market specifically), the entry for it I found seemed to indicate it wasn't available yet and would be in the future. Then again wouldn't surprise me if it was long "out of stock" by the time I checked.

SoonTM I guess.

---------------------------------------------

I am honestly not getting the game now or supporting it until they do something for NA PC fans cause this is just BS.

Let me honestly reply with this quote:

People upset about trinkets and toys?

Who would’ve guessed. :D

To add, I don't meant to take serious jabs at you, Doom, and what you do with your money is your rightful decision. But I can smell a potentially emotional response. Disappointment or frustration is one thing and understandable.

But to eventually (out of spite?) not decide or "threaten" to not play the game you were - like many others - looking for for a while or even a long time just because you can't get the CE goodies seems a bit absurd to me, which your posts heavily indicate.

Whether only the CE won't be available in the US in a boxed or physical version or whether both (SE/CE) versions won't be available physically, if you actually look to play the game you'll find some way. Or you could order it from some other country in physical version and have it ship over. Might be cheaper than having to buy the game twice to enjoy some CE goodies.

But maybe all of this is a non-issue to me: While I am not in the US and not affected, I also do not mind digital versions (SE or CE) if nothing else helps or can be done. My main goal is to play the darn game and enjoy it, anything physical on top comes off as simple or nice bonus. But that's secondary or tertiary (to me).

Their pre-order website is confusing... will there be or won't there be a CE version for PC available for Europe?
There will be but somehow retailers fucked it up. Amazon Germany/Austria was available to pre-order last night if you searched for "cyberpunk+2077" (not "cyberpunk 2077" tho) and is now out of stock. On the pre-order site it still says "coming soon". So yeah, hell of mess regarding the PC CE.

Im still waiting for a price estimate. if its in the 120 dollar range thats fine but 200 no.
It's 220€ which is something like $250 if you convert. So 120 dollars might not happen.

So, first off, I was the lead person on getting the Hitman 2 community rallied together for a PC CE -- it wasn't going to happen (per WB) and finally, did. Even then, they didn't do a PC CE release for NA / US. I wound up ordering the game from France. Thankfully the activation was in no way region locked.

That said, I did find the game up on Amazon.de with shipping to U.S. and went ahead and locked down a pre-order.

Still. Questions.

a) Can anyone from CDPR confirm the absolute ironclad "never gonna happen" for PC CE NA US (yay alphabet soup!)
Because if not, hey, let's be civil, polite, and open a dialogue. I've quite literally seen it work. Ranting and cursing and threatening to never support them again? Doesn't.

b) Any form of region / language locking? Unlikely with CDPR, but would be nice to get some confirmation.

c) For those who can / will order from another country -- are the CE items localized? i.e. will the art book for the edition I'm getting be all in German?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and I'll try to follow up here frequently from now on.

Edit: https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/ioi-warner-make-a-pc-ce-please/23085/3 This loooong thread shows an epic journey of making this happen.
But it _can_ happen.
Pretty much all this. I desperately would like the art book, but don't want to import it in German, or pay for a console version of the game I won't use.
CDPR PLEASE! ^__^
I don't understand why there isn't a NA CE PC option when:
There's NA CE consoles & there's Europe CE PC.

But for some reason the PC CE version is singled out in NA—why? What possible good reason is there for this? Can someone from CDPR answer?

In my personal opinion, two possibilities come to mind.
- Trump and his tariffs increase shipping costs too much (since its percentage off the value and the CE costs a lot, and the amount of copies matters too. It might become too unprofitable)
- A good contract with NA distributors could not be achieved, possibly due to the above as the contract needs to be profitable to the distributor as well.

I mean, its kind of obvious why its NA specifically. Don't forget to vote with your wallets, folks. I'm from Europe, btw.

Just Ordered the PC-CE on Amazon (im German) so there IS a PC version just not everywhere ^^ and the CDPR-Website is'nt even listing anything for Germany so yeah :/
Hey Reds,

i don t know if it is all set in stone yet for the CE. But would it be possible to get
a Fem V Version of that Statue?

Pretty Please? *Puppyeyes*

PS:
Nothing more to say then, this CE is awesome (as expected)
Thx once more CDPR o7
Would be cool, but I think the best chance of getting a fem V statue is as a separate item in their store after release.

I kind of want the stickers and tags (whatever you call those), but I don't think Im willing to pay 250€ for it, at least when I can put that money into a graphic card or in general upgrade my PC with.

I kind of want the stickers and tags (whatever you call those), but I don't think Im willing to pay 250€ for it, at least when I can put that money into a graphic card or in general upgrade my PC with.

You can surely find them eventually at the official or other merchandise stores and shops.

Come on, Kofe. Don't be like that.

People are excited about this game, and some of them have never bought a CE until now. They want to support CDPR and have a few neat collector's items to put on their shelves.

Not much different than splurging on PC hardware just so you can have prettier graphics, or a fancy car that goes a billion miles per hour.

That said, the extreme anger is unwarranted. Disappointment, sure.

This is me, exactly. I have never bought a CE for any game in the last 25+ years. This is the first game where I really really wanted to. I live in NA and purchased the PS4 CE from best buy, and a PC(preffered platform) digital copy of standard from gog.com. I also want to support CDPR so I dont mind this, but it certainly wasnt ideal. I will have spent at least $320 USD to get to this point. I plan to use the 30% off on the merch store as well.

Very limited PC collector's edition and none to NA is simply because of past demand, the demand for box copies died with with the advent of Steam and digital distribution. Only a small minority would still buy physical PC games in 2019, let alone collector's editions, just recall what was the last PC game you bought physically on DVD/CDs?.

It's not to say that Cyberpunk 2077 has low demand (on the contrary but still not a big enough number for them to bother). Because of what happened in the past (nobody buying physical for PC), they have kept it like so because the vast majority will be buying digitally.

Only a few Devs/Publishers still do traditional boxed copies like Blizzard for WoW/Diablo/Starcraft collector and standard editions, they are distributed worldwide and even have many localized versions like in Thailand or China. The Creative Assembly (Total War series only made for PC) are also always available in standard physical DVD cases or steelbooks, even the latest Three Kingdoms CE still ships internationally. It's a tradition that they have maintained throughout their publishing history.

At least 4A Games's Metro Exodus allowed you to buy the game itself separately from the collector's edition package, this way you can addon the game as Steam/PS4. IMO these statues should just be sold as limited number merchandise separately instead, this would cut down the logistics and shipping required.

Gone is the time of traditionally sized big box PC games where the cover art, gatefold, spine and contents are carefully designed and does not take up half your shelf, now it's all the way of the console oversized collector boxes that are just for the sake of holding the goods.

So NA gets the CE only for consoles? Fine, I wont be buying the game and I'm canceling my digital pre-order. I could get if no CE's were available here but this? Seriously all that would be different is a different physical copy of the game, all the rest is the same.

[...]

Edited. -Drac

Top Bottom