CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
So NA gets the CE only for consoles? Fine, I wont be buying the game and I'm canceling my digital pre-order. I could get if no CE's were available here but this? Seriously all that would be different is a different physical copy of the game, all the rest is the same.
[...]

Yeah it does not seem like they cannot ship CE for PC as well since consoles are able to get the CE. I guess it's because most PC gamers nowadays buy on Steam/GOG exclusively and they just don't want to bother with a tiny market (it may seem like crazy demand for PC CE but ultimately still small for the upper lvl management to take notice for example), why would they give up the opportunity to make money anyway.

I doubt they will suddenly add more PC CE copies for North America, but then again console Collector's Editions are not limited numbered copies like PC traditionally was, you get a special box with a number on them which make them rarer. Well, at least we got a physical PC standard edition, most publishers don't even do that anymore, and the extra contents are still much better than say, Three Kingdoms PC standard physical edition. My only gripe is that the boxart is very generic looking and it's DVD sized, it's cheap but understandable since most PC gamers don't buy box anymore. Big box size like Starcraft II collector's edition would be awesome for PC gamers.

Quote edited. -Drac

Last edited:
So NA gets the CE only for consoles? Fine, I wont be buying the game and I'm canceling my digital pre-order. I could get if no CE's were available here but this? Seriously all that would be different is a different physical copy of the game, all the rest is the same.

[...]

Edited. -Drac

I dont believe you for a second. You are going to be playing the game right alongside the rest of us. [...]

Edited. -Drac
Post automatically merged:

I dont believe you for a second. You are going to be playing the game right alongside the rest of us. [...]

Edited. -Drac

Drac, how do I message you? You sign everything Drac as if I should know your username. What is your forum username?

Last edited:
The GoG copy of the game offers 30% discount on the merch store except said store doesn't ship to NA... For now, it's been weeks. It seems CDPR has larger issues with NA distribution. Is this related to the CE issue? Regreting the WB deal yet?

Can we have a confirmation that the 30% discount on GoG will be available to NA... Eventually? When?

Very limited PC collector's edition and none to NA is simply because of past demand, the demand for box copies died with with the advent of Steam and digital distribution. Only a small minority would still buy physical PC games in 2019, let alone collector's editions, just recall what was the last PC game you bought physically on DVD/CDs?.

It's not to say that Cyberpunk 2077 has low demand (on the contrary but still not a big enough number for them to bother). Because of what happened in the past (nobody buying physical for PC), they have kept it like so because the vast majority will be buying digitally.

Only a few Devs/Publishers still do traditional boxed copies like Blizzard for WoW/Diablo/Starcraft collector and standard editions, they are distributed worldwide and even have many localized versions like in Thailand or China. The Creative Assembly (Total War series only made for PC) are also always available in standard physical DVD cases or steelbooks, even the latest Three Kingdoms CE still ships internationally. It's a tradition that they have maintained throughout their publishing history.

At least 4A Games's Metro Exodus allowed you to buy the game itself separately from the collector's edition package, this way you can addon the game as Steam/PS4. IMO these statues should just be sold as limited number merchandise separately instead, this would cut down the logistics and shipping required.

Gone is the time of traditionally sized big box PC games where the cover art, gatefold, spine and contents are carefully designed and does not take up half your shelf, now it's all the way of the console oversized collector boxes that are just for the sake of holding the goods.

I remember early PRE-ordering both System Shock 2,and Vampire The Masquerade:Redemption from EB Games in OTTAWA Canada.... Or Morrowind in 2002,in its extra wide black box. I miss that... Redemption had a truly fantastic,thick printed manual,with luxurious silver lettering. I want that level of quality for Cyberpunk 2077,as cultural experiences like 2077 do not come along often. I feel 2077 will surpass 2007's Crysis in many ways,and all the rest,except maybe Baldurs Gate and Planescape:Torment. Black Isle studios did amazing ,well written,thick, ring bound manuals for both that could take abuse and last the years. Looking at Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 manuals now,its making this more a disappointment then it was last night. I truly hope something can be done to change this bad decision.I already bought 2 copies of 2077,but will buy a third if a North America CE is made available ,and in a heart beat ! Someone at CDPR must still own or remember Baldurs Gate AND the Beautiful Manuals and Cloth maps they shipped with ? Please ,please reconsider. :)

I personally must say, while I of course get it that people can do everything they want with their money, I don't buy (pun intended) it that some here boldly state they will not get the game because they can't get physical CE goodies or the CE version in the US.

I'll go ahead and lean out of the window and bet they will also play the game in 10 months and ... 6 days like many others ;)

No shame in developing a different stance or opinion ;)

To explain, at least for me my primary goal is to play the game, the rest is a bonus. Before anyone gets me wrong, I don't want to imply you couldn't discuss the issue at hand, I just feel it's a bit bold to claim you won't buy the game anymore because of this. If I were you I'd try to see if it can be ordered from abroad, should the stock and possibility be there.

The GoG copy of the game offers 30% discount on the merch store except said store doesn't ship to NA... For now, it's been weeks. It seems CDPR has larger issues with NA distribution. Is this related to the CE issue? Regreting the WB deal yet?

Can we have a confirmation that the 30% discount on GoG will be available to NA... Eventually? When?

I collect Anime. Warner Brothers are FKG horrible. My last esteemed experience with WB ,was the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure North American DVD/Bluray release,which they totally and completely ruined. Viz media straightened it out later,but that and other releases by WB has taught me they are complete F ups.

The fact that no one from CDPR has responded to this thread specifically related to the lack of a PC CE in NA is disturbing. Where is the CDPR that put its fans first? Nothing like saving up money (difficult to do on SSDI) specifically for something that is fully expected based upon the Witcher 3 history, and then getting shafted.

Honestly, it has left a really sour taste in my mouth. And I can't even buy the PS4 or Xbox versions of the CE because they are all sold out everywhere. So waiting for an expected PC CE has basically fucked me over unless I want to pay like $1000 US for a copy someone reselling it for profit on ebay (site is flooded with them).

I have never been higher on life when Keanu came out on stage yesterday.

Now I just feel jaded and fucking pissed off and tired of it all.

The fact that no one from CDPR has responded to this thread specifically related to the lack of a PC CE in NA is disturbing. Where is the CDPR that put its fans first? Nothing like saving up money (difficult to do on SSDI) specifically for something that is fully expected based upon the Witcher 3 history, and then getting shafted.

Honestly, it has left a really sour taste in my mouth. And I can't even buy the PS4 or Xbox versions of the CE because they are all sold out everywhere. So waiting for an expected PC CE has basically fucked me over unless I want to pay like $1000 US for a copy someone reselling it for profit on ebay (site is flooded with them).

They probably wont say anything because to do so would be pointing fingers at a partner and publisher. Its bad business to throw your business partners under the bus. This is more than likely something CDPR is going to take to the chin.

Multiple twitter posts have demonstrated "it wasnt their decision."

No way CDPR will name names,its bad business to do so,but its most certainly Warner Brothers,OBVIOUSLY. Put that money into a faster video card,THE most important part of the hardware processing(IF your playing on PC like some of us),whatever is fastest at launch( Do NOT buy one now,wait,save up, as faster and better is always going to be released,you have 10 more months to save up,that's good not bad),instead of complaining more,try to turn this into a positive. Make lemonade.

Anyone know if the pc collectors edition game code will be redeemable on gog as I’ve already bought on steam.

Yes it's actually only redeemable on gog

Collectors edition pc is 600€ on ebay.
I've been a big fan since the witcher 1, I've order collectors edition of 3 and premium of 2, it's very saddening that I'm unable to aquire a collectors edition of cyberpunk. please release more ce editions, otherwise it would be catastrohic for many fans

Last edited:
So, first off, I was the lead person on getting the Hitman 2 community rallied together for a PC CE -- it wasn't going to happen (per WB) and finally, did. Even then, they didn't do a PC CE release for NA / US. I wound up ordering the game from France. Thankfully the activation was in no way region locked.

That said, I did find the game up on Amazon.de with shipping to U.S. and went ahead and locked down a pre-order.

Still. Questions.

a) Can anyone from CDPR confirm the absolute ironclad "never gonna happen" for PC CE NA US (yay alphabet soup!)
Because if not, hey, let's be civil, polite, and open a dialogue. I've quite literally seen it work. Ranting and cursing and threatening to never support them again? Doesn't.

b) Any form of region / language locking? Unlikely with CDPR, but would be nice to get some confirmation.

c) For those who can / will order from another country -- are the CE items localized? i.e. will the art book for the edition I'm getting be all in German?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future and I'll try to follow up here frequently from now on.

Edit: https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/ioi-warner-make-a-pc-ce-please/23085/3 This loooong thread shows an epic journey of making this happen.
But it _can_ happen.

I'd like to know about point C also (localized physical CE items). Looking closely at the picture on amazon.de it does appear that the Game Compendium has "WELTKOMPENDIUM" printed on it so I'd guess that is printed in German inside. The stickers and patches look the same as the English version.

But what about the map and artbook?

https://www.game.co.uk/en/cyberpunk-2077-collectors-edition-game-exclusive-2388728

You can buy it in the UK and have it shipped to the US Canada, Mexico. 8 pounds for shipping, yes they ship to NA.

You will have to make an account - Guest sign in bounces off the mobile number. So, make an account.

If you do this, let us know how it goes.

Update: Well, I did my order, hit Buy and got the Sold Out message. So, keep checking, I guess.

Last edited:
So this exploded in my face as I got home today. I just typed E3 news and it took maybe ten seconds before I was on the trail of a Collector's for PC.

My God, what a ride.
But I'm done. It's done. I've secured my copy. For PC. Well, it says so, but I have my finger ready on the trigger on ordering a XBoxOne version as well. Just in case.

Why this suspicion you may ask?

Well, first, please let me share some thoughts and experiences of mine. I've played games all my life, but have been a collector of PC games since I was 12 years old. My shelf has some 150 physical games(I'm quite proud of my collection) but my digital collection surpass this number(on several platforms).

I still remember when PC boxes were actual boxes, and not these DVD cases. They were filled with maps, posters, 150 page manuals. Nowadays I'm glad if I get even a crappy case. With a code in it.
What I'm saying is this, today I'm grateful for getting a CE, if it is available, as the market is not what it used to be. If there was one last CE I must have before...well anything bad happens, it's Cyberpunk 2077 CE.

Well the shift, as I recall, were when certain publishers or devs started to shun PC, opting to sell more consoles and stated that a particular game(I can't remember which) were supposed to be enjoyed "from the couch" and with a controller. They were excuses. Terrible excuses. Nevermind that a game had its origins for PC, suddenly PC games were being pushed to release after console versions. Gradually, more and more, PC games were shoved aside, replaced by a digital releases, or, didn't get a PC release at all(Red Dead Redemption for instance).

My local Gamestop store went from having PC games covering three walls, down to two, down to one, and now, there's just this box. And yet, I throw my money on anyone willing to release a physical copy of a PC game. And I spend a lot of money.

I care not for discussions of war, piracy, which platform is the best, or what have you. I know I want to play on my custom built PC and want to continue to do so. To each his or her own.

But PC releases, in my opinion, are being more and more shunned. Not by gamers, but by certain devs or publishers.
Maybe it is to push sales for consoles, who knows, it certainly has to do with money, as it usually does.

A friend of mine says that PC releases will disappear altogether, but I hope he's wrong.

Now, back to CE.

When I saw Cyberpunk CE not being available for PC..my heart sank. I've had a shit day at work and this wasn't helping. Then I read it was "just" North America. I lament this, my friends, but obviously I got my hopes up.
So I went to Gamestop homepage to find a CE release...for consoles.
I died inside.

I called them up and even went to the store. They knew nothing about a CE release, but guessed that tomorrow would probably be the day as they couldn't see anything yet in their system. They advised me to order online. So I went home and almost ordered the "wrong version" until I...there was...not so obvious..an option.....for PC.

I could have posted another wall of text with the many problems I had with ordering my copy, but finally the transaction went through.

Now though, I'm just waiting for history to repeat itself(as it did with Doom Eternal and Outer Worlds)and that my preorder just disappear from the Gamestop system.

Oh, well, thank you for reading.

To you in North America, don't give up and good luck! :D

Last edited:
So I spent this morning trying to get a CE. Amazon is sold out. Best buy has it listed as unavailable. Gamestop wouldn't let me even submit an order after trying many times and calling. Supposedly there is so much of a demand that the website went stupid. What is going on with the CE?

Does the CE even exist as a pre order? Why wouldn't CDPR put it on GoG or the merch store?

It was super easy to preorder the standard edition from GoG. Why can't it be as easy with the CE? ANNND YES! I want to give money to CDPR directly.

For me or my region at least, it shows or indicates that more vendors will unlock later, so I will or might try my luck there. Or I will just go with standard (and save money).

Yeah it does not seem like they cannot ship CE for PC as well since consoles are able to get the CE. I guess it's because most PC gamers nowadays buy on Steam/GOG exclusively and they just don't want to bother with a tiny market (it may seem like crazy demand for PC CE but ultimately still small for the upper lvl management to take notice for example), why would they give up the opportunity to make money anyway.

I doubt they will suddenly add more PC CE copies for North America, but then again console Collector's Editions are not limited numbered copies like PC traditionally was, you get a special box with a number on them which make them rarer. Well, at least we got a physical PC standard edition, most publishers don't even do that anymore, and the extra contents are still much better than say, Three Kingdoms PC standard physical edition. My only gripe is that the boxart is very generic looking and it's DVD sized, it's cheap but understandable since most PC gamers don't buy box anymore. Big box size like Starcraft II collector's edition would be awesome for PC gamers.

Quote edited. -Drac
Oh three kingdoms, love it! ヽ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Why CD Project RED did u guys not release a collectors edition for PC in NA? Very disappointing. You guys are supposed to be the developers that are supposed to listen to your fans and not be like the other developers that don't. If your not going to release a CE for PC in NA, can you at least release a statement as to why you did this?

So I spent this morning trying to get a CE. Amazon is sold out. Best buy has it listed as unavailable. Gamestop wouldn't let me even submit an order after trying many times and calling. Supposedly there is so much of a demand that the website went stupid. What is going on with the CE?

Does the CE even exist as a pre order? Why wouldn't CDPR put it on GoG or the merch store?

It was super easy to preorder the standard edition from GoG. Why can't it be as easy with the CE? ANNND YES! I want to give money to CDPR directly.

Gamestop page was not ideal. CE exist indeed as preorder. See attached file.

collectors.png

Let me know if I can help.

Does anyone know what language the physical items in the collectors edition are in? Like if I buy an CE in Germany, would the text be in German too? Or is it standardised in English?

Anyone got a plan?

Top Bottom