CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
[...]
I find the offer from publishers is very poor compared to what it was.

This is why I only buy on Steam (or GOG) and at 80% off price, a year or two after release. I don’t move my arse to a game store just to get a crappy dvd box, I have no use for it, so it’s useless plastic pollution. And a digital-only version at 60$ is nowhere near worthing it for most of the games (EXcluding beautiful CDRP games, need I mention!).
[...]

I don't mean anything against your opinion, or your share wanting the CE (I even agree with you at that point).
However saying that the offer from publishers being poor is exactly due to content going for digital distribution only - which is then again something you prefer - doesn't make any sense to me.
Also arguing that the dvd box is not eco, but yet wanting to make an exception for the game you like... It sounds like you don't know what you want.

And for the eco-friendly people: digital distribution requires datacenters that produce lots of CO2 and heat, which also needs to be cooled, including electriocity (very commonly from nuclear power plants, not renewable energy), uninterrupted power supply (lithium cells/diesel engines), and mass products like hard disks, redundancy and backups for those etc. which all requires materials, wether for production or running the systems as a service, that is in its base nature environmentally unfriendly already.
It's a very false argument to pretend that digital games is better for environment, and if a company that benefits from digital distribution wants to make you believe the opposite, then it's not because they care about the environment.

Ok checked again cyberpunk.net and it seems like the CE is not
avaiable on Amazon.de.....
that is kinda .... meh

The close up pics make it look way better!

...and there is a this!

77toy.JPG

77toy2.JPG

I don't mean anything against your opinion, or your share wanting the CE (I even agree with you at that point).
However saying that the offer from publishers being poor is exactly due to content going for digital distribution only - which is then again something you prefer - doesn't make any sense to me.
Also arguing that the dvd box is not eco, but yet wanting to make an exception for the game you like... It sounds like you don't know what you want.

And for the eco-friendly people: digital distribution requires datacenters that produce lots of CO2 and heat, which also needs to be cooled, including electriocity (very commonly from nuclear power plants, not renewable energy), uninterrupted power supply (lithium cells/diesel engines), and mass products like hard disks, redundancy and backups for those etc. which all requires materials, wether for production or running the systems as a service, that is in its base nature environmentally unfriendly already.
It's a very false argument to pretend that digital games is better for environment, and if a company that benefits from digital distribution wants to make you believe the opposite, then it's not because they care about the environment.

Maybe you misread, or maybe I wasn't clear.

I know really well what I want for a 80$ video game: 1-A good game 2-In a box, or some package 3-With the map or any useful goodies 4-Anything else the devs wishes to include.

This is EXACTLY what CDPR offer in their nice standard package..... for XBOX and PS4. So another thing I want: 4-Have the same 80$ value for PC than the 80$ value for consoles.

What I want even more, in the specific case of CP2077 is the collector edition. Not my habit, never had one, but I must say, this package is awesome. So looks the game. So is their Witcher series...

What I DON'T want: Paying 80 canadian dollars for a digital-only copy of a game (EXCEPT for CDPR, Larian and a very few other ones. I like to feed money to developpers I love - and their games are worth the money anyway)

Eco-friendly: I don't like plastic DVD cases or any useless plastic things in my home. We're 2019, we have schools, internet, and we know about the environnement. Useless plastic is to avoid. EXCEPT: the things I like, that have special value for me. I would probably like a DVD case of PC CP2077, rather than only Digital, but I know it will end up below the pile, sometime soon. If there's nothing special in it. DVD's or Blu-Rays are getting obsolete, if not already. So they should sell package with maps and goodies without necessarily a disc inside, wouldn't change the point of it for me. A code for download, inside the box, that's it.

Some people are always black or white, I'm in the shades more than often.. I'm eco-friendly, but not 100% eco-friendly. I walk and bicycle a lot, but I have a car and a motorbike. I love animals, but I eat meat once in a while. I'm not someone very extreme. Except sometimes in sports and entertainment. I think a big problem of our societies is the lack of nuances in reflexions of all kinds.

But this is quite unrelated, is it? Getting out of subject with the environnement. It was only 3 words in my previous post.

I hope it is clearer... thanks for your interest.

I'm afraid you missed it choomba.

https://www.amazon.it/CYBERPUNK-2077-D1-STEELBOOK-PlayStation/dp/B07SD26GPY/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&keywords=cyberpunk+2077&qid=1560243203&s=gateway&sr=8-5&th=1

The same is with Germany/Austria. cyberpunk.net pre-order site still says "soon" but CEs are sold out on amazon.at/.de since yesterday morning.

With regards to this...

We've gotten semi-concrete proof recently that CDPR does indeed follow these forums since they responded pretty quickly to the PC CE backlash.

Can we get some sort of advance notice on when the PC CE will become available in the U.S.? I'd really like to hop on one but I worry that it's going to sell out virtually immediately.
Post automatically merged:

Ditto.

Sadly, we're a dying breed. Digital is the future, or so the hordes of teenagers on Twitter tell me. But I know I'll never, ever prefer reading a book on a screen (which makes my eyes hurt after a while) to holding one in my hands.

FWIW, this is where I was at a few years back.

I remember the dialog option in Fallout 2 that you can tell the guy in Vault City in order for him to give you the old books he's digitizing. I was also in the same place on video games as well.

What really changed my mind was the convenience and lack of clutter factors. No longer need large video game or book collections take up huge amounts of space in your house or apartment.

I still make certain special exceptions for this. I own all of CDPR's games in physical form and will be getting Cyberpunk2077 CE, but things like having, for example, all of your books on a single device that you can hold in your hand rather than taking up shelves and shelves of space really has changed my mind over the years.

Last edited:
FWIW, this is where I was at a few years back.

I remember the dialog option in Fallout 2 that you can tell the guy in Vault City in order for him to give you the old books he's digitizing. I was also in the same place on video games as well.

What really changed my mind was the convenience and lack of clutter factors. No longer need large video game or book collections take up huge amounts of space in your house or apartment.

I still make certain special exceptions for this. I own all of CDPR's games in physical form and will be getting Cyberpunk2077 CE, but things like having, for example, all of your books on a single device that you can hold in your hand rather than taking up shelves and shelves of space really has changed my mind over the years.

I do have to agree with you a bit.
If I could have an all in one personal media playing outlet thingy then I would definitely use it.
I'm just not into carrying a laptop/tablet around, but I totally get it and if a product comes out that changes my mind and becomes part of my "everyday carry" then I'm sold.

With regards to this...

We've gotten semi-concrete proof recently that CDPR does indeed follow these forums since they responded pretty quickly to the PC CE backlash.

Can we get some sort of advance notice on when the PC CE will become available in the U.S.? I'd really like to hop on one but I worry that it's going to sell out virtually immediately.

YES, PLEASE.

Well, at this point i am not sure if the CEs are really sold out already.
Amazon says not avaiable (PC) other links on Cyberpunk are still
deactivated... this is really confusing...

I do like to request a restock, if they are really already out of numbers
for the PC CE of CP2077

So, please CDPR would you give us MORE CEs for PC in EUROPE?
*Puppy Eyes*

NOT PC ones i checked
was the same for Amazon
other links are still "deactivated" on the Cyberpunk site

Oh, yeah, there are no PC CEs available in North America for the time being. Are you in NA?

Europe, Amazon said all the time "NOT AVAIABLE"
even after the amazon link "activated" on Cyberpunk.net

that is why it confuses me, i did see PS4 and XBOX CEs there
but NEVER PC CEs of Cyberpunk2077

as if a bot instantly had catched them all withing 1 minute or so.
Yes i checked every day since they are announced :/

Europe, Amazon said all the time "NOT AVAIABLE"
even after the amazon link "activated" on Cyberpunk.net

that is why it confuses me, i did see PS4 and XBOX CEs there
but NEVER PC CEs of Cyberpunk2077

as if a bot instantly had catched them all withing 1 minute or so.
Yes i checked every day since they are announced :/

You just know a-holes are going to buy as many as possible and sell them on eBay for triple the price :/

Why does this V look nothing like the default V? Lol
It looks a lot better close up though!

Last edited:
Quick question for you guys!

Let's say that I buy the PC Standard Edition from Amazon.co.uk (United Kingdom) to get the exclusive steelbook... will I be able to play the game if I live in Canada?

It is my understanding that GOG codes are region-free, but I would like to have a confirmation before I buy the game from this retailer.

Thanks!

You just know a-holes are going to buy as many as possible and sell them on eBay for triple the price :/

Why does this V look nothing like the default V? Lol
It looks a lot better close up though!
There really isn't a "default" V since you make V yourself. :)

Yes i know, guess the reason why i asked for a "restock"
*kek* Imagine asking for a restock of a product that not even
exist (physically) lulz

Checked the links from Cyberpunk.net again, only Amazon is avaiable
the others are "deactivated", yet via several outside sources MediaMarkt
/ Saturn group is linked as selling Cyberpunk (no PC CE though)
that is definitly off....

@Infoman94
Yes, unless GoG does not list the game in your country or is blocked from access
you will have no problem whatsoever to install the game via GoG from the key
in the physical copy.

Last edited:
I checked with obsession till Monday morning (Italy time), then got sucked up into work.
When I got and checked now, I noticed it was available for pre-order, and already sold out in every Italian partner so far: in the age of internet spoilers, this news of the CE availability from Monday has been oblivious to me, and my brother didn't even bother to tell me because, in his opinion, I would have ordered it already.

I hope I'll be able to catch a PC one soon, hopefully they'll give more stock availability, as it needs to sit close to my Geralt statue from the Witcher III CE.

Top Bottom