CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Is there a way I can get in contact with CDPR about the collector's edition? It's exclusively available from GAME in the UK and they are just about the worst. Because it is exclusive, they are able to get away with charging £250. That's about $320. This thing costs about £50 more than it costs in the US. $70 dollars. I like to think CDPR aren't taking advantage of us, but it's a little outrageous.

Edit:
I really need a solution because I was going to buy it on PS4 (because that is all I have) and hopefully buy it again on PC in the future, but I'll either have to give that up for a few years or buy it on PC even though I don't yet have a PC to play the game on. (and in all likeliness will not be able to play the game at launch)

Last edited:
@anansi-spider

as far as i see the CEs are ALL out, only sharks at EBay remain right now.
not even Saturn / Media Markt group here had any CEs left
yes those links are deactivated on Cyberpunk.net, while the stores
SOLD the CEs... Austria gamesonly already sold out as well...

If the REDs don t deside to do a restock ... i am afraid that it was
Also yes i would prefer to give CDPR those 220€ directly too
but namco bandai is the distributor for Europe, the REDs themself have
no physical distribution. (unfortunatly)

(sorry for the bad new though)

Is there a way I can get in contact with CDPR about the collector's edition? It's exclusively available from GAME in the UK and they are just about the worst. Because it is exclusive, they are able to get away with charging £250. That's about $320. This thing costs about £50 more than it costs in the US. $70 dollars. I like to think CDPR aren't taking advantage of us, but it's a little outrageous.

Getting in touch with CDPR about this is pointless. They can't change anything about that.
It's a deal between their distributor, Warner Bros and the retailers.

[...]
that isn't right.
In the USA you don't pay taxes for online-purchases, in Europe you do.
The £250 in GAME UK includes taxes, whilst the $250 in the USA is not.

The cheapest CE so far I've seen was from Amazon Germany for €220 (includes taxes).

Edit:
I really need a solution because I was going to buy it on PS4 (because that is all I have) and hopefully buy it again on PC in the future, but I'll either have to give that up for a few years or buy it on PC even though I don't yet have a PC to play the game on. (and in all likeliness will not be able to play the game at launch)
that isn't right.
In the USA you don't pay taxes for online-purchases, in Europe you do.
The £250 in GAME UK includes taxes, whilst the $250 in the USA is not.

The cheapest CE so far I've seen was from Amazon Germany for €220 (includes taxes).
Actually we now do have to pay taxes on online purchases. Supreme Court ruled in favor of the States because they were losing tax revenue. Also the US CE's cost 250 dollars, your converting from 250 pounds (local currency) which currently has a value higher than the dollar, so it is of course going to cost more in US dollars.

Oh, I still remember my first big shiny CE 11 years ago). Anticipation and first unboxing is priceless experience :D

What was your first CE?

And I know.. I cannot wait for the exciting day I will unbox this CE, perfect time, perfect opportunity with Cyberpunk 2077.

There are still CEs available in Poland. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one. I was hesitant since initially i didn't like that statue as much and also i probably won't be using the pins and other stuff, but oh well.

For everyone still looking for their own CE:

I heard that shouting at Keanu Reeves can also net you a CE. Finding him might be your only remaining option.

For everyone still looking for their own CE:

I heard that shouting at Keanu Reeves can also net you a CE. Finding him might be your only remaining option.

I am sorry, but i kinda doubt i can scream that loud, so Mr. Reeves can hear it all the way from here over
the Atlantik to LA (if he is still there). Kinda not an option then, for me.

>^^<

I feel so betrayed. This was going to be my first CE. Then harsh reality sunk in when I clicked on the PC CE and there were no links to buy it. That has got to be the worst part! They left the links there for NA just to be like NOPE!

The Sad PC Gamer

Edit:

Heh, and I was hoping for the german Amazon price of 225 € to be a placeholder... you have it even worse, it seems.
At least with Amazon, should the price still drop, people would benefit from that.

That said, I find 225 € a tad high... especially when comparing it to the Witcher 3 CE, which was also extremely awesome, but that one was "only" 140 €.

Hmmm... Now the 30% discount is no longer in the pre-order special offerings on Gog.

https://gyazo.com/3625049ea7d1ce1da63136e1123a87e3

Although the small text for it is still there...

"*One-time discount is valid only for Cyberpunk 2077 pre-orders made on GOG.COM before 17 June 2019, 10 PM UTC, and applies to items available in the official CD PROJEKT RED merchandise store, excluding figurines and products already on discount. Regional and time restrictions apply. See our Support page for more details."

Far as I know it's not june 17th yet...

Edit: It's fixed now :)

Last edited:
I feel so betrayed. This was going to be my first CE. Then harsh reality sunk in when I clicked on the PC CE and there were no links to buy it. That has got to be the worst part! They left the links there for NA just to be like NOPE!

The Sad PC Gamer
Might be worth buying a PS4/X1X copy and then sell the actual game only to purchase the GoG edition or something!

I'm gonna give up to try get a CE copy, i only hope the merchandise will be available in the store as single product one day in the future.

Ciao ZioYuri! I have good news for us Italians: there's a chain that still has them, but you have to order in store! ;) check your PM!

@Redswords_

Ye i feel you, betrayed by the retail partners though, the CE was never avaiable
here for me on Amazon... and all of the sudden "SOLD OUT" what o_O

All that ofc while the particular cyberpunk.net links weren t active at all.
That just sucks...

What was your first CE?

And I know.. I cannot wait for the exciting day I will unbox this CE, perfect time, perfect opportunity with Cyberpunk 2077.
That one was Warhammer: Age of reckoning. The box was pretty big and it looked awesome. I remember the looks people gave me when I carried it home o_O. Even after all these years I sometimes open the hardcover artbook. You don't forget such things easily)

I’ve preordered the CE hoewever am having second thought on the justifiability of £250. I love CDPR and the games they create.

I am struggling to agree that the price to be paid is worth the content. Don’t get me wrong the game itself will be awesome for the money we will put into it in comparison to other devs out there.

Top Bottom