CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Proud owner of The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition here.
It was the year 2015, i went to my local GameStop on 19th May, the shop assistant pulls of a GIGANTIC BOX with the Witcher logo. I almost cry. In order to take that box at home i had to sit it in the passenger seat inside my car, and put the safety belt.

After that day, i thought. I'm going to grab Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition, no matter the cost. I already know it will be really a product of quality, rightly prices. As all CDPR products. Flashforward to last week, i come back home 1 hour after the date announcement at E3. After watching the trailer i reach Amazon to check out the CE. "Out of stock"

"Damn, they haven't updated it, i'll check it out later. On their official website it says 'coming soon'.
No big deal, after all, when they unveiled The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition AND release date they clearly stated when preorder would open." I go to sleep at peace with myself, trusting CDPR.

It's been 5 days without ANY statement on the matter, the truth is, the collector's edition was already sold out when i first checked. This leaves me extremely disappointed.
As i said, TW3 was handled WAY better.

Private event, we all knew something big was to be announced (or maybe even said what was to be shown, i'm not sure), after that, preorder open.

In all this, i'm typing from Europe. I can't even express how vexed i was when i read about NA PC version.
This whole thing was handled way poorly.
I don't care if it's Namco Bandai's fault, or Warner Bros (is that the NA publisher?), it's a CDPR product, they made a name out of customer care, and fairness and all that revolves around the preorder of this Collector's Edition is the exact opposite of it.

Hurts to say, because i'm a great supporter, but it's what i felt.

Side note:
Cutting out NA PC was a sucker punch.

Erm, it still shows as available for me... or again, whichever: available.
It also says that it only ships to mainland Germany, so if you're not german, then that's why it's not being shown as available probably.

Yes that is not the problem, the problem is as soon as you want to check out in with the card
Amazon tells you there was a problem with that article.

I have no clue why, but i think bots are bombing the orders which turns the process into a mess.
Which (i suspect) was the reason i never had the chance to even get the PC CE into Kart.
*shrugs*

Last edited:
Amazon.fr still seems to have some PS4 CEs available for preorder, and they ship outside of France as well! My friend managed to order one from there just moments ago.

Once again Amazon.de ALLOWS you to lay the CE PS4 in the Kart and process
to the chash out, when you try to cash out, error occurs that something did
go wrong with your order.

Yes the PS4 CE here is to "avaiable" for preorder, but what does that matter if
you can t check your order out, because the error stated as above occurs?

(total mess)

The fact, cdpr confirmed the PC CE for NA sparks some hope that there will be another batch of PC CEs for the European market as well. I could imagine the hype for cyberpunk was not expected to be that big, even they knew Keanu will wreck the Internet.
I strongly hope to get a PC Collector's Edition for my self in the next half year for the retail price. Please don't support the ebay sellers who try to make a profit on behalf of us.

Ye, those EBay sharks just suck. I dunno if we can hope for a Second Wave for
Europe... i really would like to have a second chance to get my hands on the
PC CE of Cyberpunk 2077. *shrugs* we ll see.

Hm some EDIT of this here, what you guys think of a GOG Collectors Edition (digital) ???
Where we get the Game and the Pass [for the already planned big add on DLCs] and access to the
Map, Artbook and so on in digital form.

Yes that one would be without the Quadro chain and the figure, but i was more interested
in the artbook and map etc.

I believe THAT would be an option too, even more so since the money would go directly to
the REDs ;)

Last edited:
The fact, cdpr confirmed the PC CE for NA sparks some hope that there will be another batch of PC CEs for the European market as well. I could imagine the hype for cyberpunk was not expected to be that big, even they knew Keanu will wreck the Internet.
I strongly hope to get a PC Collector's Edition for my self in the next half year for the retail price. Please don't support the ebay sellers who try to make a profit on behalf of us.

I don't think so.

NA after all didn't get any CEs in the first place, whereas Europe did.
In Europe they are simply sold out.
They were always supposed to be limited.

The only thing they actually really did wrong was not limit the sale to one CE per person/address, to stop the disgusting scammers buying dozens at once and putting them on eBay for triple the price.

Then don't buy it from the scalpers. Simple as that.
If you buy from them, then this madness won't ever stop.

Hi choombas
I'm in italy and I've been checking continuously the 3 shops listed on the official site as sellers of the collector edition pc. All 3 of them constantly have 'run out' written on their page. The customer service couldn't give me any specific answer on the matter.
My question is: that 'run out' means that all the collector's edition were already bought/booked and there's none left, or does it mean that the shops are still waiting to receive the items and it't simply not available for purchase yet?
I can't even find a specific cdpr mail address to whom write and get concrete info for the matter in question....anyone can help ?

No one knows. CDPR hasn't said anything about stock and whether or not more will be sent out. Best bet is to look and see if there are other stores in the list that say coming soon, in which case they may not have received their quota yet and you might be able to get one there as soon as they open sales. I think it might be possible that more will be sent out if demand is high enough. What they probably don't want to do is create too many and they don't get bought, which is the rumor going around as to why there wasn't initially a CE for North America.

No one knows. CDPR hasn't said anything about stock and whether or not more will be sent out. Best bet is to look and see if there are other stores in the list that say coming soon, in which case they may not have received their quota yet and you might be able to get one there as soon as they open sales. I think it might be possible that more will be sent out if demand is high enough. What they probably don't want to do is create too many and they don't get bought, which is the rumor going around as to why there wasn't initially a CE for North America.
It's the first collector edition that I've been willing to buy since i'm a gamer * _ *
I hope I'll get some positive feedback soon from these shops

You may have to resort to Ebay, which is what I was initially planning when that first announcement came about the NA CE, but since they're doing it now, I've been watching the website daily to see when sales are opening up.

You may have to resort to Ebay, which is what I was initially planning when that first announcement came about the NA CE, but since they're doing it now, I've been watching the website daily to see when sales are opening up.
Just found one on ebay but its price is 399 instead of 220 which is the official price on the shops listed on CyPu's site hmm...

Well, yeah, there's going to be a big markup on anything from ebay, but if you really want it, that might be the only option in some cases.

Yeah.... all what is "left" now from the CE Preorders you ll find
on Ebay ... resold by scaplers and sharks, who bought up the stock
exactly for their purpose.

To put this in perspective, the PC CE must ve been gone (here in germany)
within 1 hour or so as soon as the preorder was open (Sunday that was)

I personally NEVER have seen that PC CE avaiable. I ll not buy from one of
those Ebay scalpers. I rather readjust that money to other things if i am unable to
get a PC CE over the regular way. For example the RIG upgrade ^^ hehehe

It wasn't gone within 1 hour.
I can completely understand your disappointment, but please do not spread wrong information.

In Germany, the CEs on Amazon became available for pre-ordering at about 0:30h, (that's half past midnight on the 10th for you weird imperials, heh), it was definitely still completely available at 1:30h, and completely sold out about 6 or 7 hours after the pre-order phase began.

There was a window to get one, however two points of criticism I feel are indeed completely valid:

1. CDPR should have told their publishing partners, which for Germany is Bandai Namco, to start the pre-order phase not in the middle of the night local time, but rather when german people would actually be awake on the 10th.
  2. Bandai Namco in turn should have contractually obliged Amazon to only allow 1 Physical CE per buyer, so as to completely prevent the scammers buying 12 at once with the express intention of putting them on eBay.
That also leads us to another vital aspect:

The german situation is not on CDPR, your frustration should be directed towards Bandai Namco, who are fully responsible for publishing the game in Germany.

Hi choombas
I'm in italy and I've been checking continuously the 3 shops listed on the official site as sellers of the collector edition pc. All 3 of them constantly have 'run out' written on their page. The customer service couldn't give me any specific answer on the matter.
My question is: that 'run out' means that all the collector's edition were already bought/booked and there's none left, or does it mean that the shops are still waiting to receive the items and it't simply not available for purchase yet?
I can't even find a specific cdpr mail address to whom write and get concrete info for the matter in question....anyone can help ?
It's very unlikely that stock will be replenished. Collector's Editions are intended to be limited edition.

The only exception will likely be for United States-based, and possibly Canada-based PC users who did not receive the CE at all but have been promised it in the future.

I do not mean this how it might sound, but if you wanted a CE, your best bet would have been to either watch E3 live or snag one the next day. Sadly, waiting it out/not being on the ball usually means you'll miss your opportunity with limited edition items like this.

I feel for anyone that wanted one and can't get one, but just as an FYI to any US-based users: GameStop STILL has stock, somehow.

So I’ve just about to cancel 2 collectors edition pre orders in from Game UK and went ahead and pre-ordered standard from amazon.

Amazon are doing limited edition steel book cases which I’ve come around to be more than happy with.

£250 was just not justified in my head as much as I’m hyped.

Ps...i pre-ordered 2 to try and sell one but it seems the UK has not yet gone out of stock.

It wasn't gone within 1 hour.
I can completely understand your disappointment, but please do not spread wrong information.

In Germany, the CEs on Amazon became available for pre-ordering at about 0:30h, (that's half past midnight on the 10th for you weird imperials, heh), it was definitely still completely available at 1:30h, and completely sold out about 6 or 7 hours after the pre-order phase began.

There was a window to get one, however two points of criticism I feel are indeed completely valid:

1. CDPR should have told their publishing partners, which for Germany is Bandai Namco, to start the pre-order phase not in the middle of the night local time, but rather when german people would actually be awake on the 10th.
  2. Bandai Namco in turn should have contractually obliged Amazon to only allow 1 Physical CE per buyer, so as to completely prevent the scammers buying 12 at once with the express intention of putting them on eBay.
That also leads us to another vital aspect:

The german situation is not on CDPR, your frustration should be directed towards Bandai Namco, who are fully responsible for publishing the game in Germany.

Ah sorry i just posted my "impression" of it XD but 6 - 7 Hours
(since it was never avaiable for me) so i was like dafek? HOW???!!???
that makes Monday morning then... as you stated and monday was a free day ^^
when i tried it monday they all we re already gone though.

So yes pretty bad timing making the CEs avaiable over night ^^

Top Bottom