CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
So how fast do people think the PC CE will sell out? The console version have been sold out for days I think.

So how fast do people think the PC CE will sell out? The console version have been sold out for days I think.

Here in Germany, on Amazon, it took about 6 hours from preorders becoming available to PC and PS4 CEs being completely sold out.

And that was in the middle of the night local time, mind... became available after midnight, were sold out at ~6 - 7 in the morning.

Just wanted to throw this out there for everyone. Since they just announced that US CE preorders for PC are due tomorrow, everyone else that wanted a CE for one system or another might still want to look out tomorrow, since there might be some cancellations, even in other countries where some people had to go to get one outside of the states.

Well they announced a date/time and that there are no restocks coming to other countries.
And its a version with english goodies which appeals to a lot of people.

Expect this to sell out in minutes. Not hours.

If you want one prepare ahead and be quick.

I'm sad about no restock in EU for the CE, because I initially wanted the PC CE, but I'm also happy with the PS4 version I was able to snag. I'm totally down with the exclusivity the CE now embodies, which is of course very sad for everyone who couldn't get one for the initial retail price.
I imagine the PS4 version will be playable on the PS5, regarding the announced backwards compatibility and I hope the RTX Effect will be on PS5 for that version as well. Can't wait to play this beauty in 4k with RTX for ages. First runs will be on PC though.

I'm sad about no restock in EU for the CE, because I initially wanted the PC CE, but I'm also happy with the PS4 version I was able to snag. I'm totally down with the exclusivity the CE now embodies, which is of course very sad for everyone who couldn't get one for the initial retail price.
I imagine the PS4 version will be playable on the PS5, regarding the announced backwards compatibility and I hope the RTX Effect will be on PS5 for that version as well. Can't wait to play this beauty in 4k with RTX for ages. First runs will be on PC though.

Ye, i wasn t that lucky... far to fast sold out here in Germany.
RTX you say? Yeah THAT is the feature i can and will wait for, till NVidia
finally decides to bring up normal prices again... mid and low range GPUs
for the price of former High End ones.... no thank you very much.
I am quite sure CP2077 will look gorgeous even without the feature ^^

Still grumpy i wasn t able to get me one of those CEs ... damned weak
physical body, with that damn need for sleep *grrrrrr*
^^

Well they announced a date/time and that there are no restocks coming to other countries.
And its a version with english goodies which appeals to a lot of people.

While that is true, don't forget that i.e. us germans would have to pay serious extra import taxes and handling fees if we were to order a CE from Amazon US, making this already stiff price go up even more.

While that is true, don't forget that i.e. us germans would have to pay serious extra import taxes and handling fees if we were to order a CE from Amazon US, making this already stiff price go up even more.
Well it's like that even for some neighbouring eu countries. My country borders with Poland and I'll have to pay about $50 extra for shipping if I want to get CE as there's no official distributor here.

I'd have to take the day off work to get this thing if it sells out so bloody fast. Guess I'm stuck with the console version.

Does anyone know what language the physical items in the collectors edition are in? Like if I buy an CE in Germany, would the text be in German too? Or is it standardised in English?

Anyone got a plan?

At the CDP pre-order page, when you select a country, the page changes, so do the pictures of the standard- and CE. Zoom in to the pictures and look at the text on the World Compendium under the CP77 logo. This can hint at what language the collection is in.

Amazon (for physical orders) only charges when the order is actually being dispatched to you, GameStop AFAIK charges immediately.

I would never ever consider pre-ordering somewhere that charges immediately however -- why the hell should I give a company what is effectively an interest-free loan for such a long time with nothing at all to show for it?

FWIW...

When it was initially confirmed there would be no PC CE, I snagged a reservation on a PS4 CE from Gamestop and was NOT charged immediately. The policy of when they charge may have changed or you may be remembering wrong.

I intend to cancel that reservation if I can secure a PC version copy in a couple of hours.

A more compelling reason not to go through Gamestop in my mind is that the game will not be available for in-store pickup and will SHIP on release day, not arrive on release day.

Does anyone know what language the physical items in the collectors edition are in? Like if I buy an CE in Germany, would the text be in German too? Or is it standardised in English?

Anyone got a plan?

Physical goodies are localised: Polish CE = Polish language for printed text, and likewise for German CE.
Post automatically merged:

FWIW...

When it was initially confirmed there would be no PC CE, I snagged a reservation on a PS4 CE from Gamestop and was NOT charged immediately. The policy of when they charge may have changed or you may be remembering wrong.

I intend to cancel that reservation if I can secure a PC version copy in a couple of hours.

A more compelling reason not to go through Gamestop in my mind is that the game will not be available for in-store pickup and will SHIP on release day, not arrive on release day.

As I said, that was only AFAIK... might also be that german GameStop handles things differently, or that indeed they have changed their policy in the years since I last were in one of their retail stores.

Top Bottom