CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Also, what the heck is going on with Target?

Been refreshing a search for Cyberpunk 2077 for hours on their website and haven't come up with ANYTHING at all. No console version, no PC version, nada.

Lilayah confirmed Gamestop and Amazon sold out.

Really now ? XD *kek* seems like the same clusterfuck as for germany when i tried to
catch one of the CEs hahahahahahahhaah

*phew* just don t buy on EBay, let the scalpers rott with their greed i say

I'm frankly a little surprised (and mystified) at just how badly CDPR misjudged their console vs. PC audience on this. I'd be curious to see their purchase data from Witcher 3 that led them to believe that the PC version in NA was going to be so much less in demand than the console versions.
Might not have anything to do with that. Since it was such a big fiasco to begin with, and thousands of people were making a fuss about not have a CE in NA, it probably ended up attracting even more people looking to make money off the people they knew would eventually want one.

Think I'll pass on GOG and go with the absolute cheapest key site I can find . What a shitshow this was. No demand in NA for physical PC version? Did The Witcher 3 CE not sell out lightning fast as well? Awful look for CDPR.

It was on Discord. I'll post a screenshot.

1561059075850.png

I stood by with multiple tabs open of every outlet way before the supposed time to go live and pressed refresh like every 5 seconds.

Nothing ever changed, this was a hopeless escapade.

Nothing actually showed up for, what sounds like, A LOT of people.

There were no links that changed and nothing became "live" for purchase.

I seriously think that people set this up as a type of "bot buy-out".

I hope CDPR releases some kind of public response toward why this happened this way.

I wouldn't have done anything if I knew it was going to turn out like this...

I still love the hell outta CDPR! BUT FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

CDPR needs to work with resell sites like Ebay and force them to remove "presale" resales to try and cut down on the scalping.

But they also need to do a better job of estimating their audience. This whole situation has been a disaster that makes CDPR look like trash, even if its primarily WB's fault.

This seems like a situation where CDPR should have reached a deal with the CE manufactures for X units + X additional untis based on demand

CDPR needs to work with resell sites like Ebay and force them to remove "presale" resales to try and cut down on the scalping.

But they also need to do a better job of estimating their audience. This whole situation has been a disaster that makes CDPR look like trash, even if its primarily WB's fault.

CDPR isn't looking like trash as much as a company that catered to the scalpers before the fans...

I know that is not the case, but they should have known beforehand that the amount of CEs in demand was much much higher than expected.

They should have also set up SOME KIND of gated purchasing options somehow...

CDPR, Y U NO JUST SELL EVERYTHING ON GOG! I understand it's digital, but for something like this there are numerous ways to keep something like this as a more "in house" selling feature.

For the sake of anyone who didn't get a console CE, I hope CDPR releases things from the CE in the MERCH store!

I hate the fact Ebay is full of listings where people are selling autopsied pieces of the CE. It's officially very yucked up and not even close to showing up in customers' hands.

The HYPE that has been built has screwed up the CE for the ones that should be getting one.

Two gigantic fails in a row. All this is showing is how clumsy CDPR has become and how out of touch they are with the fanbase that put them where they are right now. It's a real shame it had to go down this way... but I'm sure the ebay sellers are happy with this performance; there's a fanbase you don't have to do much for, CDPR. Enjoy.

Two gigantic fails in a row. All this is showing is how clumsy CDPR has become and how out of touch they are with the fanbase that put them where they are right now. It's a real shame it had to go down this way... but I'm sure the ebay sellers are happy with this performance; there's a fanbase you don't have to do much for, CDPR. Enjoy.
I don't mean to be a "fanboy," but for the record, this is mostly not CDPR's fault.

The only thing that I think they could have done better here is post links directly to the store pages when they issued their "CES ARE LIVE!" tweet. So I won't say they deserve no scrutiny. But definitely not the bulk of it.

I'm mostly a bit confused as to why Warner Brothers is so unbelievably out of touch with the PC market -- STILL. You'd think their constant screwups with the PC ports for their games would have learn'd em their lesson. :p

I think WB just drastically underestimated how many PC people actually wanted a CE, which is unfortunate for them because... well... less money/profit.

This shitshow is definitely a distributor and retailer problem. CDPR was probably given the 10am time confirmation to announce to the public. It's up to the distributors to make sure the retailer's are prepared and know what time the game is released. And its up to the retailers to freaking be on godamn time.

Top Bottom