CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
IMO, CDPR should be absolutely pissed about this...if it was a failure on WB.

When I heard about them being the distributor I was thinking that it would be amazing if they didn't screw something up...

Annnnd now this...

Poor Lilayah. It's her day off and she's dealing with this.

1561062274993.png

In other news, the PC STANDARD Edition is now available for purchase on Amazon. Linked below. Still has some great goodies.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8BP118/

I was searching on Amazon and the problem was that links never showed up, it was very hidden, and mostly only scalpers got a hold of it.

I asked on discord how many people bought it off amazon, not one reply.

BESTBUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYY ATTTAAAAAAAAAAAACCKK!!!!!

I just got mine!!!
Post automatically merged:

I had to repeatedely add and click on checkout to get it through, be persistent!!!

I don't mean to be a "fanboy," but for the record, this is mostly not CDPR's fault.

The only thing that I think they could have done better here is post links directly to the store pages when they issued their "CES ARE LIVE!" tweet. So I won't say they deserve no scrutiny. But definitely not the bulk of it.

I'm mostly a bit confused as to why Warner Brothers is so unbelievably out of touch with the PC market -- STILL. You'd think their constant screwups with the PC ports for their games would have learn'd em their lesson. :p

I think WB just drastically underestimated how many PC people actually wanted a CE, which is unfortunate for them because... well... less money/profit.
No, it's their fault, because this wouldn't have happened with all the scalpers if they didn't screw over the US PC market in the first place. I don't forgive incompetence. They should have saw what a terrible decision that was before they/WB made it. This goes back to what I was previously saying; this is the PC fanbase we're talking about here, the people that put CDPR where it is right now. Without them, CDPR would still be a local Polish retailer porting old games.

Watch the Best Buy site folks still looking for a copy. I saw it come back into stock and then drop back out again.

No, it's their fault, because this wouldn't have happened with all the scalpers if they didn't screw over the US PC market in the first place. I don't forgive incompetence. They should have saw what a terrible decision that was before they/WB made it.
They didn't screw them over in the first place. Warner Brothers did not make PC copies for US and Canada initially. I assume CDPR pressured them to do so, so they did, but they only made a few.

They didn't screw them over in the first place. Warner Brothers did not make PC copies for US and Canada initially. I assume CDPR pressured them to do so, so they did, but they only made a few.
And this is where incompetence comes in, because they either made that decision with WB, or they didn't read the contract that made it clear they weren't going to do it. Either way, CDPR is at fault. The pressure only came after the huge outcry they got on social media about that decision. If they had that kind of pull with WB to begin with, they should have forced it in the first place. This all goes back to forgetting your roots and where you actually came from, and to snub your primary fanbase that badly is just hilarious.

Looks like the merchant websites are "placing" the item, but so far not one of them has it available.
This is just a cluster fuck sideways.

I'm still wondering what's up with Target. That's the one store that hasn't seem to have had the game even for a moment today.

Which means the game might still get listed there at some point?

And this is where incompetence comes in, because they either made that decision with WB, or they didn't read the contract that made it clear they weren't going to do it. Either way, CDPR is at fault. The pressure only came after the huge outcry they got on social media about that decision. If they had that kind of pull with WB to begin with, they should have forced it in the first place. This all goes back to forgetting your roots and where you actually came from, and to snub your primary fanbase that badly is just hilarious.
I don't agree with this assessment, but I don't have a counter argument, so we can leave it there. I do understand and appreciate your perspective, though. I'm sorry you, I, and others weren't able to get a PC CE.

Meanwhile on these interwebs...
Cyberpunk.net lists all the merchants as "coming soon" with the CE for PC... ain't that a kick is head for adding to this sucking sideways out loud!

Top Bottom