CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
1. She is a community manager with little to no power. She was also playing World of Warcraft as all of this went down.
2. "Sorry you are upset!" doesn't really cut it, and is actually pretty insulting as apologies go.

I'll give her a D- for effort, though. She at least said something, unlike everyone else at CDPR.
Again, not trying to be a fanboy, but a couple things to note -- first of all, it's apparently a holiday in Poland, so she shouldn't even need to be working at all. Two, even if it wasn't a holiday, I believe she would have been off work by the time all of this went down, thus she was playing WoW.

I'm not going to argue in CDPR's defence about the rest of it, though. Everyone is free to have their feelings on the matter and I have no desire to stop that.

first of all, it's apparently a holiday in Poland
So, they planned the announcement in response to their first major screw-up on a holiday when no one would be around to address the second major screw-up? Legit. But, I guess we're going to use the timezone excuse to explain away every CDPR mistake. Pretty convenient, I must say. If I were their marketing team, I would have scheduled around this for a late night shift, especially considering this was meant to be damage control and all they did was mess up even more and throw all that good will they earned back out the window. You really can't make much more of a case for incompetence than this - someone literally has no idea what they're doing there and how these missteps can affect them. The name of the game should be contingency.

is it even possible to buy a CE for any console from a non scalper right now? i thought they are completly sold out too?

also remember we are still 1 year away from release, regular people who are not folliwing cdpr on all social media channels like us will basically have zero chance to get their hands on a CE. that's just crazy i've never heard about something like that ever happen in the gaming industry. one year before release all CEs sold out after a couple hours and no restocks? what the??? shame on you cdpr

FWIW, I have a preorder for the PS4 CE that I got from Gamestop while it was uncertain if PC CE's would become available. I'm going to cancel it at some point now that I have a PC version.

I don't mind cancelling it at an agreed upon time to up the odds that someone on this board looking to get a CE on that platform would be able to get it.

But I've seen some console editions available at various places. I don't think it's as impossible to find as the PC version.

Who's the genius at Amazon that labeled it 'Cyberpunk CE'? Anyway, what a clusterfuck. I'm not sure why CDPR has such complications when I've never heard of it happening to other publishers.

Who's the genius at Amazon that labeled it 'Cyberpunk CE'? Anyway, what a clusterfuck. I'm not sure why CDPR has such complications when I've never heard of it happening to other publishers.
Yeah, that was hilariously stupid on Warner's part. Spam searching Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition didn't turn up any results.

My tin foil crystal ball hat tells me this was deliberate to let the friendly scalpers move in on this non-limited opportunity.

where'd you hear that from?
Discord.JPG

Discord mainly. heres one of the pinned messages

JUST A PSA:

If you buy from scalpers on Ebay you are as good as throwing your money away. Ebay/Paypal buyer protection only lasts between 30-90 days after the sale of the item (depending on the product). This means that if you pay $800 for a PC CE today, your coverage runs out in September. CP2077 doesn't release until April.

Effectively if you buy on Ebay the buyer can take your money and walk away without ANY REPERCUSSIONS. They won't even be banned. I could sell the collectors edition at $500 to 10 people today on Ebay and then completely ignore the buyers in April and Ebay/Paypal won't do a thing because it's too long after the sale.

Guaranteed there are going to be a TON of people who get scammed on Ebay and screwed out of their CE's because they chose a buyer who has no intention of delivering. If you HAVE to buy on Ebay, at least buy from someone with a solid, large, and long feedback history, although even then its a massive risk because 1 negative review might be worth getting $800 for nothing.

Unfortunately, due to the way this all was handled by CDPR and WB, there are going to be folks getting scammed. Its why companies need to be more vigilent about limiting how many can be bought by single individuals, and actively partner with resale sites to prevent scalpers from selling there. If nothing else, they should only be allowed to sell AFTER the actual release of the product.

Lol, correct and presale items cannot be listed in such a way that they take more than 30 days to ship once the item is purchased. Time to start reporting ebay scalpers...

so far like cdpr isn't interested in fixing anyhting though. they pretty clearly said no restocks. have fun paying those scalper prices on ebay. [...]

Simply as that: DON'T buy from scalpers. Your imply to buy from them is kind of vague.
Supporting scalpers will result in more of this trouble for future limited edition games and items of this sort. You'll just hurt yourself more, and everyone else too.

[...]
Yup... picked up Xbone copy with similar thought. It sucks the PC crowd is basically forced to buy the game twice... This was really poorly executed by all parties involved.. CDRP, WB, and e-tailers.

Not just in the US market but also there was quite big issues with the EU market too. Just to mention one of these aspects, there were dozens of people from the USA pre-ordering in the EU market, since initially, counterintuitively, the PC version was excluded from the NA market, resulting into shortage of the capacity that was meant for EU residents.

The fact that later it was confirmed NA would obtain the PC CE, resulted into an reverse effect within the USA, which is why Amazon gold sold out immediately since they offer international shipping.

Another issue was localization of the retail content within the EU states. Most collectors prefer English as base language, but when it's localized language it is kind of problematic for those, even if they've had a chance to pre-order their local versions. We've talked about it in this thread in earlier posts.

My tin foil crystal ball hat tells me this was deliberate to let the friendly scalpers move in on this non-limited opportunity.
Doesn't make any sense to me.
It only resulted into more issues for the legit customer, who wanted the PC CE for himself and not for resale, because the legit customer couldn't find it in the listings.
In fact, it resulted actually in even supporting the scalpers, because scalpers are aware of such methods and they know better how to search for a product, than the usual common-person who is there to buy a CE the first time in his life.

Even I was expecting something like that before the pre-order opened up, thus I was respectively searching through google deep search as well but was too late unfortunately due to the mess up with the pacific times. However, my expectations in the end were proved true.

Not fair.

JUST A PSA:

If you buy from scalpers on Ebay you are as good as throwing your money away. Ebay/Paypal buyer protection only lasts between 30-90 days after the sale of the item (depending on the product). This means that if you pay $800 for a PC CE today, your coverage runs out in September. CP2077 doesn't release until April.

Effectively if you buy on Ebay the buyer can take your money and walk away without ANY REPERCUSSIONS. They won't even be banned. I could sell the collectors edition at $500 to 10 people today on Ebay and then completely ignore the buyers in April and Ebay/Paypal won't do a thing because it's too long after the sale.

Guaranteed there are going to be a TON of people who get scammed on Ebay and screwed out of their CE's because they chose a buyer who has no intention of delivering. If you HAVE to buy on Ebay, at least buy from someone with a solid, large, and long feedback history, although even then its a massive risk because 1 negative review might be worth getting $800 for nothing.

Unfortunately, due to the way this all was handled by CDPR and WB, there are going to be folks getting scammed. Its why companies need to be more vigilent about limiting how many can be bought by single individuals, and actively partner with resale sites to prevent scalpers from selling there. If nothing else, they should only be allowed to sell AFTER the actual release of the product.

Very well said and good post of you, except for the last part about the must-have buy-idea from scalpers which kind of ruined the whole impression. I wouldn't support any of them, even if they've a good reputation. These people are reason why the CE is sold out so quick at the first place, giving the legit buyers less of a chance to obtain a piece.

I ended up pre-ordering from game.co.uk (GAME UK) shipping the PC CE to a very good friend of mine who lives in the UK who then will ship it to my country once he receives it, since GAME UK won't ship it to outside of UK.
If anybody here knows someone trustworthy, or have family in the United Kingdom, this could be a good opportunity for you to still obtain the PC CE for a good price. Shipping from UK to EU countries isn't that expensive. For a large parcel like the CP2077 CE requires it'll probably be in-between 10-30 GBP. Can't say how expensive it might be for the USA or any other non-EU country.
If you do so, tell your friend to protect the package additionally with better isolation to avoid delivery damages (Just a suggestion).

However, I only suggest to go with this way with someone you can not 100% but 200% trust.

Last edited:
Folks, I understand that such situations may be frustrating, especially with resellers that care only about money.
But it starts to look like an overreaction. You treat CE as if you won't be able to play the game without that box and demand it to be available to everyone. That's not how it works. Collector's edition is meant to be limited. Otherwise it loses its value.
If the game turns out to be really great - you'll enjoy it anyways. If not - no CE gonna make up for it).

Simply as that: DON'T buy from scalpers. Your imply to buy from them is kind of vague.
Supporting scalpers will result in more of this trouble for future limited edition games and items of this sort. You'll just hurt yourself more, and everyone else.

my dude i don't wanna pay a crazy price to scalpers, but i waited 6 years for this game and if cdpr doesn't offer another solution i won't have any other choice because i sure as hell will get me a CE one way or the other. the ball is in cdprs court to do something about it. the situation is only going to get worse, because as i said we are still one year from release. casual gamers who don't follow e3 but still want to buy the game are going to be looking into buying a CE in march or april 2020 and many of them will have to buy from scalpers because they have no other choice.

if the problem really is only the figurine, maybe cdpr should offer the same box for a lower price with everything else in it on their store and sell the figurine seperatly or something. i don't know i'm not the ceo of cdpr. but one thing is for sure the situation is already bad PR for the company and this combined with the other controversies surrounding the game can't be good for them and it's only going to get worse.

my dude i don't wanna pay a crazy price to scalpers, but i waited 6 years for this game and if cdpr doesn't offer another solution i won't have any other choice because i sure as hell will get me a CE one way or the other. the ball is in cdprs court to do something about it. the situation is only going to get worse, because as i said we are still one year from release. casual gamers who don't follow e3 but still want to buy the game are going to be looking into buying a CE in march or april 2020 and many of them will have to buy from scalpers because they have no other choice.

You and the others do have a choice. Consider it sold-out for good by then. Not a hard reality to accept.

The 1000 extra bucks you could donate for charity or help people in need, would be a better benefit than giving all the money to greedy scalpers who are responsible that you ended up in a situation like this in the first place (not entierely but they did contribute a lot for it).

Edit: that's just my opinion though.

You and the others do have a choice. Consider it sold-out for good by then. Not a hard reality to accept.

The 1000 extra bucks you could donate for charity or help people in need, would be a better benefit than giving all the money to greedy scalpers who are responsible that you ended up in a situation like this in the first place (not entierely but they did contribute a lot for it).

Edit: that's just my opinion though.

i'm not sure if you are serious or not but the reality is i will have to pay triple or so to a scalper to get the CE. that's it. i approve of your will to help other people though, i suggest you cancel your pre order and give the money to charity instead, after all think about how many you could help even for just the original price of the CE!

**edit - my post was in response to someone else. Its been mixed in with a bunch of other posts and not relevant to others around it but is kinda sorta relevant to the overall thread.**

I was hoping to see a posting on this. I heard it was yesterday when you posted but nothing updated for me. I still don't have confirmation that the PC CE is even coming out. What do I do? I have asked the question across multiple threads and no answer.I will try to order a console CE if the PC one is not coming out. I want the box stuff. Then just buy the game on steam.

**edit** ok so I found out about the PC CE debacle on the reddit forums. Holy crap I have never understood companies that don't take polls. Especially when this is your next cash cow.

-> Literal line of 1000's of people wanting to give you 300 dollars instead of 60 dollars for something.
->Company wings it, doesn't check market, makes only 10 things. Loses out on lost potential market. #angryshareholders.

The old excuse of, we didn't know and didn't want to over extend is lame. You have the internet and the future is hear. Make a page, make a multilayer website that you have to click through muitiple pages that tell you in 72 pt font you are not getting a refund if you click this button and no charge backs if you do, legal and binding. Then take the preorder. Now you have an accurate number and you can tell the factory to order the correct amount of stuff plus some more for release day.

Of course there is plenty of time to make more and sell more before release. However I have seen stranger things happen and companies just not make more and miss out on all that cash. If push comes to shove (I don't think it will but if it does) Ill just buy the set from a bored console player who isn't a true fan but a fade jumper. Definitely going to have to wait awhile after release because you know half those sales were Amazon reseller sharks.

Last edited:
No, it's their fault, because this wouldn't have happened with all the scalpers if they didn't screw over the US PC market in the first place. I don't forgive incompetence. They should have saw what a terrible decision that was before they/WB made it. This goes back to what I was previously saying; this is the PC fanbase we're talking about here, the people that put CDPR where it is right now. Without them, CDPR would still be a local Polish retailer porting old games.

Damn. It's not like the game itself is limited and you won't be able to play the game at all. I understand it can be disappointing not to get your hands on the CE but at the end of the day you're going to play the exact same game at launch as everyone else.
You could always get a PS4 CE l, sell the PS4 disc, keep the goodies and get a standard PC version like some here are doing. Boom. Here's your PC CE.

"I don't forgive incompetence". Man, it's funny how "fans" can praise a company for their talent and generosity but then shit on them when they make a single mistake.
Yeah ofc, CDPR would totally screw you over for no reason now even when they've always proved themselves to be the most caring developers for years. Totally not WB's or the retailers' fault. No.

People really have short memory.

Damn. It's not like the game itself is limited and you won't be able to play the game at all. I understand it can be disappointing not to get your hands on the CE but at the end of the day you're going to play the exact same game at launch as everyone else.
You could always get a PS4 CE l, sell the PS4 disc, keep the goodies and get a standard PC version like some here are doing. Boom. Here's your PC CE.

"I don't forgive incompetence". Man, it's funny how "fans" can praise a company for their talent and generosity but then shit on them when they make a single mistake.
Yeah ofc, CDPR would totally screw you over for no reason now even when they've always proved themselves to be the most caring developers for years. Totally not WB's or the retailers' fault. No.

People really have short memory.
This post very much reeks of trying to start an argument. I'll accept your opinion, but I'm not going to give it the time of day.

Top Bottom