CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Some thing I don't get is why there is such a discrepancy between the PS4 and the PC/XBOX collector on www.amazon.fr: the PC version was sold out in a couple of hours (during which I was "stupidly" asleep), and every single time I get an Amazon notification telling me it's available again, I cannot actually order it (guess I'm too slow...).
The XBOX One edition seems to have been out of stock as quickly as the PC one, but the PS4 collector edition is still available as of today.

So it seems there have been about 10x or 100x PS4 collector editions compared to PC+XBOX planned here. I find that very odd. I also doubt there was any directive to limit the number of preorder per account.
I ended up preordering a PS4 collector edition (even if I will absolutely not play it on PS4), plus a PC standard one, candidly hoping I could replace my PS4 preorder by a PC one later on...
I did not have such an issue with The Witcher 1, 2 and even 3 (which does not seem to be the case of everyone here) collectors.

By the way, to summarize what I have seen on Amazon:
ae: no collector (nor standard)
cn: no collector (nor standard)
in: no collector (nor standard)
nl: no collector (nor standard)
com.sg: dunno, can't check
com.tr: no collector (nor standard)

com.au: no collector
com.br: no collector (and no standard PC)
com.mx: no collector (and no standard PC)
co.uk: no collector

ca: out of stock (and no PC, even standard),
com: out of stock (even standard PC)
de: out of stock
es: out of stock (and no PC)
edit 24/06/ 3:15pmUTC+2 fr: PC AVAILABLE & XBOX AVAILABLE, PS4 available
it: out of stock
co.jp: PS4 "available" via scalpers (only version)

And other retailers (obviously very non exhaustive "list"):
fnac.fr: out of stock PC & XBOX, PS4 available
micromania.fr: AVAILABLE (ALL versions) - but the payment process does not work (might be why...), at least atm (4am UTC+2 23/06, tried Vivaldi, Opera & FF; Visa or Paypal) Works as of 1pm UTC+2
(and on top of that, Micromania might not have the best practices as they used to do charge at the time you preorder, and I am not sure they would not cancel and give back the money as credits in the end)

(Of course, there is the localisation issue on top of that, and I would rather have an english version PC collector, but right now I am seemingly settling for a french PS4 collector. At least it won't be like my old Fallout New Vegas Collector GERMAN edition, with specific a Steam version in... only german with censorship (and I do not speak german))

Last edited:
uhh... right. However...

[...] So it seems there have been about 10x or 100x PS4 collector editions compared to PC+XBOX planned here. I find that very odd. I also doubt there was any directive to limit the number of preorder per account. [...]
That's not odd, because there are apparently more people who wants the PC version than console, thus more people who prefer Xbox over PS4 (in your country). Just because PS4 is still available doesn't have to necessary mean that there is less quantity available for PC. The exact numbers are unknown for public, so we can only speculate about it, and it doesn't matter anyway because the fact is that it's sold out. So why even bother with that analysis?

By the way: Amazon actually does have a limit for limited pre-orders too. I remember it was limited up to three quantities per customer for limited items (in Amazon UK that is). However this was back from a few years ago, it might have changed by now.

The link on Amazon I found didn't even use the same naming convention as the xbox one / ps4 link, and it was buried on the second page. best buy never even had it on the site as far as my refreshing could tell. Amazon link and look at the product name

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07TCJ8S2V/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=cyberpunk+2077+pc&qid=1561055147&s=gateway&sr=8-2

The same was true for Amazon Germany on the 10th -- while the console versions could be found as you would expect via Amazon's own site search, the PC CE couldn't be easily found that way, nor were it possible in the beginning to just switch to different versions on the same product page, as we can now (i.e. switch between PC/PS4/Xbone and Standard/CE), that also wasn't possible back when the PC CE on Amazon Germany was actually still available.

Wether that was due to Bandai Namco (distribution partner for CDPR in [parts of] Europe) or Amazon, who knows... but either way, it was verrah stupid.

But not as stupid as apparently neither Amazon DE nor Amazon US receiving orders from either Bandai Namco nor WB to limit sales to one CE per customer... that would have nipped the eBay scalping in the bud, and would have allowed much more actual, loyal fans to have a shot at scoring a CE for themselves to actually enjoy and keep.

---

I also do not believe that there were numerically more console CEs than there were PC CEs... I rather am 100% sure that the PC CE sold out faster because more people want to play a 1st person RPG on PC with HOMAK.

So no, not less stock for PC than (certain) consoles, but rather significantly higher demand for PC CEs.

Still not updated. https://www.cyberpunk.net/us/en/pre-order

That says everything that needs to be said about how much this was thought through. Still no comment on how poorly handled it was, either. They had enough time to make two random twitter posts, but not enough to address how badly the entire thing went, or what they plan to do about it.

Also, my guess is that a number of PC CE's were redirected from other regions to fill the hole in NA demand, which obviously wasn't near enough. The entire situation being exacerbated by not having it in the first place which created so much blowback and hype that it caused people who saw they could make a buck to get in on it and make it worse. This probably wouldn't have happened if they were just released like normal the first time it was announced instead of creating a bubble of discontent and drawing attention to themselves.

Last edited:
That's not odd, because there are apparently more people who wants the PC version than console, thus more people who prefer Xbox over PS4 (in your country). Just because PS4 is still available doesn't have to necessary mean that there is less quantity available for PC.
Well also apparently, given that the PS4 is far more popular than XBOX here (as about anywhere for that matter), and that the supply seems endless (we're talking a few hours for PC/XBOX versus hundreds and counting for the PS4) there seems to be a difference somewhere, also given the market share of any console still far outweigh the PC one. Does not explain the XBOX state, tho; maybe the PS4 preorders were actually limited and the other ones messed up (but I fail to see any consequential relationship from wanting the PC version thus the Xbox one). Anyway; yes that's speculation, but given it's CDPR forum, that's also feedback for them, even if reading that there will be no more collector produced does not bode well for those who did not get theirs.

So why even bother with that analysis?
Yes, I do wonder; genuinely, in fact, as I usually stoically wonder why people bother posting their whims on forums in order to have a go at sterile discussions, but at the time, I felt like making a post here to gather feedback in order to provide links to available collectors for PC, XBOX and PS4, thinking that it could be useful to someone and could be iterated on in order to make a more exhaustive post regarding the state of collectors around the world. Well, moment's gone though.

Like most Collector Editions you'll likely feel like a fool for having shoveled out so much money on it. If not the items will likely get lost over time and lose any sentimental value as your excitement over the game has passed and you'll wake up and realize that perhaps you shouldn't have spent all that money anyhow...now in spite of these realities you will, like myself, probably buy it anyway because this game looks soooo freakin cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most Collector Editions you'll likely feel like a fool for having shoveled out so much money on it. If not the items will likely get lost over time and lose any sentimental value as your excitement over the game has passed and you'll wake up and realize that perhaps you shouldn't have spent all that money anyhow...now in spite of these realities you will, like myself, probably buy it anyway because this game looks soooo freakin cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No way! I'm gunna force myself to use the stickers (maybe put them on my laptop or something) and the patches and pins. Cyberpunk 2077 will be one of those games people talk about for years to come. I have a feel. Plus--- treat yo self!

Well I don't know. I've got 3 CE in 11 years. Not a single regret. Sure initial interest and hype is gone, but they're still valuable to me and I open them from time to time. Oh, and one day I woke up realizing: why only three? I should've gotten more of those :LOL:

Call me weird but I would love to get my hands on the physical copy in English despite living in Czech Republic.
Is there going to be any way whatsoever to do that or to have a choice between the two languages once the physical pre-orders go live for CZE (currently Coming Soon™) or should I just use Amazon UK or something before it's sold out in every EN speaking region?

Additionally I would also like to ask for clarification on few more things:
1) I understand it's not really feasible to keep restocking the CE version but can we expect to see restocks based on demand for the regular physical edition?

2) Is the AmazonUK deal really the only way to get a Steelbook edition as suggested here? https://www.amazon.co.uk/CD-Projekt-Red-Cyberpunk-2077/dp/B07SMQJV5Q/?th=1

3) If I do go the AmazonUK route, do I still get GOG exclusive stuff (posters etc.) despite not buying it directly from GOG even though it should come with a GOG account game code?

Last edited:
Those who don't mind getting a french version better hurry.

And that's a very important bit of info, everyone!

Keep in mind that -- as far as we know -- all physical items will have localised written texts, i.e. in this case the World Compendium, Artbook, etc, wherever applicable, would be in french, not english!

Call me weird but I would love to get my hands on the physical copy in English despite living in Czech Republic.
Is there going to be any way whatsoever to do that or to have a choice between the two languages once the physical pre-orders go live for CZE (currently Coming Soon™) or should I just use Amazon UK or something before it's sold out in every EN speaking region?

Unless you're talking about in-game language, which you should be able to change freely then English phisical copy is only aviable in english speaking countries, all other coutnries will have their own localised versions.

1) I understand it's not really feasible to keep restocking the CE version but can we expect to see restocks based on demand for the regular physical edition?

No restocks in future.

2) Is the AmazonUK deal really the only way to get a Steelbook edition as suggested here? https://www.amazon.co.uk/CD-Projekt-Red-Cyberpunk-2077/dp/B07SMQJV5Q/?th=1

There are few different steelbooks which are given when preordering from different stores, Amazon is one of them. Gamestop and other stores also give you steelbook (different art though)

3) If I do go the AmazonUK route, do I still get GOG exclusive stuff (posters etc.) despite not buying it directly from GOG even though it should come with a GOG account game code?

You get the same digital content from phisical copy as the GOG one. Only difference between Phisical and GOG is that when buying from GOG 100% of income goes to CDPRed and you DID (this was limited time only) get 30% off from CDPR merch store.

Hello everyone,

I tried to read the thread, however haven't yet found the information about the language localization of the CE. The thing is I'm currently living in Slovakia however I'd prefer to get CE in English if possible. So the question is in case CE is available on GoG/Amazon/whatever some time and I purchase it - can I ask to get the English copy or how do I do it?

P.S. I'm refreshing the page every day however still can't purchase it. Also I'm of course interested in purchasing it straight from GoG as it seems the most fair way of passing my money to CD Project Red.

Hello everyone,

I tried to read the thread, however haven't yet found the information about the language localization of the CE. The thing is I'm currently living in Slovakia however I'd prefer to get CE in English if possible. So the question is in case CE is available on GoG/Amazon/whatever some time and I purchase it - can I ask to get the English copy or how do I do it?

P.S. I'm refreshing the page every day however still can't purchase it. Also I'm of course interested in purchasing it straight from GoG as it seems the most fair way of passing my money to CD Project Red.

The Collector's Edition is completely sold out worldwide; the only chances to still get one are either to hope for someone to cancel their preorder and for you to be the fastest to pick that up (which is a very tough challenge, speaking from experience), or to go to eBay, which I wouldn't even remotely recommend, as those scalpers and scammers should not ever be rewarded for their schemes.

As to your second question:
According to what we know so far, all phyiscal goodies of all physical editions will be fully localised, i.e. if you wanted to get the World Compendium, etc, localised in the english language, you would be forced to buy a physical edition from a UK-based seller.

HMorisson,

Thank you so much for this detailed answer, I really appreciate your help! This is the information I was looking for.
It's a huge pity I must say about the CE being sold out. Also how's that possible if yesterday you could make an order on Amazon.fr... Do you think it's just completely limited number of the CEs or are they going to issue some more later?

HMorisson,

Thank you so much for this detailed answer, I really appreciate your help! This is the information I was looking for.
It's a huge pity I must say about the CE being sold out. Also how's that possible if yesterday you could make an order on Amazon.fr... Do you think it's just completely limited number of the CEs or are they going to issue some more later?
I've tried to find English version in Europe, but the only official seller in GB goesn't ship outside the country so I ended up ordering Polish direcrty from CDPR. It's not my native language, but some of my ancestors were polish so I guess it'll suffice :LOL:

HMorisson,

You're welcome, thanks for the appreciation in turn! =)

The CE is limited, yes, so once all stock has run out, it has run out for good -- CDPR said that it were extremely unlikely that there'd ever be additional units... so while they kept a tiny window of possibility open, I for one am convinced that this was just political tactics so as to not have to aggravate already riled up people with a hard "Nope, never gonna happen".

As for Amazon France... two theories:

a) While other localisations might have been attractive to other countries' buyers, the french localisation might actually be the least attractive, due to, by comparison, fewer people in the world speaking french fluently enough to be able to read complex texts as opposed to english texts especially.

b) in France, maybe the PC platform isn't as popular as it is in Germany and apparently most other parts of Europe, or maybe it was also just cancelled preorders that got put back into the pool again... who knows for certain.

The one thing we do know for certain however is this:

Everywhere except for France and maybe Poland (via CDPR's local distributor) itself, the CE is definitely completely sold out, and that's even more certain for all versions featuring an english localisation.

Ralf_daedalus, this seems to be exactly my situation. I appreciate your reply, thank you. I also contacted English officeial seller and they confirmed they don't ship outside UK.
How bad is I'm late with purchasing :(

HMorisson, yeah, I completely agree with your point of view, but still even if I purchase it on amazon.fr - I get the edition localized for France, and unfortunately I don't speak French at all. It even seems a better idea to order Polish localisation for me just because I'm living in Slovakia and started to learn Slovak recently, so this languages have some common words - I think I anyway can't understand anything, but that just would be closer to the language I've heard about ;)
Of course I'm going to hope that they release some more copies, however the thing about that is by that time I also have to mention this, because I believe it's sold instantly again.

Top Bottom