CE thread - Be friendly, please. Lot of choices not up to CDPR, gang.

+
Hi guys, its my first time here on the cyberpunk side of the forum, im usually at the gwent side.

I dont know if this is the right thread to ask this, but here's my question:

Will that generic, yellow, ugly cover really be the final cover for cyberpunk 2077? I cant believe CDPR cant come up with something better than generic dude holding pistol. And today saw the steelcover that comes with day one edition, and it's even uglier.

Maybe CDPR can make a flipback cover, just like mass effect 3 did with default shep/ femshep? It still would be far from a quality cover that the game deserves, but it would be an improvement.
You see, it's a matter of personal perception. So whatever cover they come up with, there's always gonna be those who like it and those who dont. I, for one, realy like the yellow cover. It makes it very recognizable. And mass effect 3 cover looks more generic to me, even though I really like that game. See what I mean?) Sure they can make the cover more interesting and complex, with subtle little details that become clear to you only after you play the game and understand what they actually mean.
In any case, it's not for us to decide how it gonna look.

Hi guys, its my first time here on the cyberpunk side of the forum, im usually at the gwent side.

Will that generic, yellow, ugly cover really be the final cover for cyberpunk 2077? I cant believe CDPR cant come up with something better than generic dude holding pistol. And today saw the steelcover that comes with day one edition, and it's even uglier.

Maybe CDPR can make a flipback cover, just like mass effect 3 did with default shep/ femshep? It still would be far from a quality cover that the game deserves, but it would be an improvement.

The standard yellow box art will most likely be here to stay, however on the bright side I believe they confirmed it's going to be reversible, with female V on the other side.

Personally I don't like it that much but I don't hate it either. Male V with his generic action pose looks uninspired but I like the use of yellow, one or two more colors would've looked cooler though.

About the collector's steelcase art, the one shown on the promotional video is just a placeholder. These (in my opinion) amazing arts by Deathburger will be the ones that'll be officially used for the steelbooks.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Thanks for the replies. I never meant that ME3's cover is original, i was just highlighting the reversible nature of it, which i really liked since i always used Femshep. But yeah, it was definitely generic.

I dont know much about Cyberpunk in general, but i've seen tens of thousands of game covers in the past 20 years, and i really wanted Cyberpunk 2077's to be special, not to follow mainstream trends.

I wish they would restock and make a version of the CE where you can choose what you want like have Fem V or remove the statue and the steel book and then get those subtracted from the price and only get the things you actually want:/

The yellow color is pretty much a marketing thing I guess.

Think about your average store and this sitting between all the other games:

It does stand out.

And what stands out gets picked up. And what gets picked up is more likely to get bought.

Not everybody is reading these forums or gaming news websites.
They want to get the "average" person too.

As for us fans... yeah I don't like it much either.
But its just the cover (the guy doesn't bother me)
And at least my Collectors Edition has a decent steel book. ;)

To be honest standard edition steelbook which is added by many stores as bonus is also really nice.

I agree that's it generic but that's how marketing works. Every single player RPG, action, shooter whatever does that because it attracts people and give them an idea of the genre of the game: dude with weapon = action. The cover is the first thing you see when lookimg for your next game so they must be quick to the point. People in general won't bother to look further to know what the game is about if the cover is too abstract/artsy because they are too lazy or don't eant to waste time.

Also, Mass effect did the same: shepard with his/assault rifle, omniblade.

The best covers for these type of games I've seen are Metal Gear Solid's

I'm sorry, why would there not be more console CEs than PC CEs? I'm a hardcore PC gaming fan, but let's not delude ourselves -- we are still a fraction of the market. Worth catering to, absolutely, but it is no surprise to me at all that the PC CEs were fewer.

What does surprise me is just how limited they were. I still saw PS4 CEs available on Gamestop for literal weeks after announcement. By contrast, the PC ones sold out in minutes. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN FOR CONSOLE CEs. I know, because I watched, and waited, for weeks. Trust me.

I refuse to believe the demand for PC CEs is just magically higher. That makes no sense. We don't even get discs in our box, and there's nothing else unique about it.

Actually, PS4 CEs are still available. See below.

1562354926746.png

I'm sorry, why would there not be more console CEs than PC CEs? I'm a hardcore PC gaming fan, but let's not delude ourselves -- we are still a fraction of the market. Worth catering to, absolutely, but it is no surprise to me at all that the PC CEs were fewer.

What does surprise me is just how limited they were. I still saw PS4 CEs available on Gamestop for literal weeks after announcement.

Actually, they are still available. See below.

View attachment 11007970

Oh sadness...lesigh...

What does surprise me is just how limited they were. I still saw PS4 CEs available on Gamestop for literal weeks after announcement. By contrast, the PC ones sold out in minutes. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN FOR CONSOLE CEs. I know, because I watched, and waited, for weeks. Trust me.

I refuse to believe the demand for PC CEs is just magically higher. That makes no sense. We don't even get discs in our box, and there's nothing else unique about it.

Actually, PS4 CEs are still available. See below.

View attachment 11007970

In my country (France), every CEs have been sold out but the Ps4s which is kind of surprising since there are way more ps4 owners across the world than xbox ones. I suppose people prefer to play on xbox one because of the superior specs?

PC I understand because the platform is more flexible (mods, variety of graphic settings) and FPS games play better with mouse+keyboards.

PC I understand because the platform is more flexible (mods, variety of graphic settings) and FPS games play better with mouse+keyboards.
Did you ever consider that this might be the reason why PC is sold out and consoles not?

Reason why Xbox One is sold out and PS4 isn't could be because of Xbox players being more convenient with the FPS genre, while PS4 is less. Xbox had one of the most popular FPS game series as an exclusive for its console "Halo", whilst Sony's FPS exlusives were not so popular compared. So you have Xbox players who consider FPS on console more likely than on PS4, and most likely on PC.
It doesn't require to be an analyst to see a pattern here.

Did you ever consider that this might be the reason why PC is sold out and consoles not?

Reason why Xbox One is sold out and PS4 isn't could be because of Xbox players being more convenient with the FPS genre, while PS4 is less. Xbox had one of the most popular FPS game series as an exclusive for its console "Halo", whilst Sony's FPS exlusives were not so popular compared. So you have Xbox players who consider FPS on console more likely than on PS4, and most likely on PC.
It doesn't require to be an analyst to see a pattern here.

This may be it. Also Xbox players haven't had an awesome solo game for years, so they all rush on this one I guess

I have been talking to a few reps from target and walmart, no one has a clue when or even if they will get stock for the pc version.

Do any one knows how to get CE-PC-EN version across EU except Game.co.uk? Game.co.uk is absolute garbage - it works in 90% offline / 10% online ratio and in full-day-time errors delivery mode. Plus it delivers only to UK. I can't believe license to sell CE was given for such a losers...

Do any one knows how to get CE-PC-EN version across EU except Game.co.uk? Game.co.uk is absolute garbage - it works in 90% offline / 10% online ratio and in full-day-time errors delivery mode. Plus it delivers only to UK. I can't believe license to sell CE was given for such a losers...
I'm afraid the PC CEs have all sold out.

Thanks. Just checked out. Unfortunately it seems it's sold for various resellers and scammers as ebay is now full of these. Anyway I'll wait now for a real release date to sort out as I'm not going to buy cat in a basket. Have all collection editions of Witcher games but in current situation - as a CDPR fan I'm very disappointed with Cyberpunk 2077 sales management/licensing team as there were absolutely no chance to get english version in EU and the only one you could get was sold on a crap site in UK...

Top Bottom