Celebrities in Video games a Good Idea?

+
Would that be bad? I don't think so. But I also don't believe "exclusive information" like this.
She appeared in Sin City: dame to kill for.. :)

This was hinted at a while ago, I think. Wouldn't surprise me. I think it's a bit of a silly move if true.

That said, she has proven she can act reasonably well.

Sild

Ex-moderator
There were also some rumors about Kanye West I think a while back. Maybe not so far fetched after all?

This was hinted at a while ago, I think. Wouldn't surprise me. I think it's a bit of a silly move if true.

That said, she has proven she can act reasonably well.

This is definitely CDPD's answer to GTA5 Daft Punk, its happening. GTA 5 has some Berliner dude as DJ as far I know. Yeah, DJ Solomun its name. This is great move by CDPD it shows they have connections out of Poland too.

This is definitely CDPD's answer to GTA5 Daft Punk, its happening. GTA 5 has some Berliner dude as DJ as far I know. Yeah, DJ Solomun its name. This is great move by CDPD it shows they have connections out of Poland too.
How do you think it will make the game better?

I know it's good for marketing, but they could have used those money for something else, like more contextual animation when interacting with objects/environment. Oh well, hopefully she's just a minor character or a short cameo.

I know it's good for marketing, but they could have used those money for something else, like more contextual animation when interacting with objects/environment. Oh well, hopefully she's just a minor character or a short cameo.

I could be wrong here but I wouldnt use this much for marketting, but something cool inside the game, less players know the better, nice surprise for players etc. EA worked with Kate Perry, Kevin Spacey worked with Call of Duty series, big artists doesnt have much marketting value in game industry, imho. Btw, wasnt there Rambo game with Sylvester? Then there was that Guitar Game, Brutal Legend had one celebrity, but those games are dead now.

Last edited:
It's purely marketing. Why pay a lot of money for someone who is hidden in the game?

Those games are dead now, but the presence of VIP helped their sales at day 1 and increased interest.

We will see how they play it. But from my experience game industry doesnt worship celebrities like music or movie industry does, or then they dont have no way to do so, go figure. Like why did Call of Duty series stopped using them if it wasnt good idea?

If this is true (Gaga) it supports the speculation I've had about licensed music for awhile now (see link in my signature). And it illustrates that CDPR is willing to drop serious cash towards that end.

Making a prediction now: Lizzy Wizzy.

Last edited:
Charles Dance voiced the Emperor in TW3, and that worked really well not only promotionally but as high quality voice acting. Of course we don't know if the rumor about GaGa is true or not, but if it were, I would be highly surprised if they did something just for PR reasons.
Again, if they had spent those money to make a better progression system in TW3 I'd have been happier.
Of course the progression system doesn't sell as much as a famous actor, but the game has more benefits.

Anyway, as long as the soundtrack is not a cyberpunk version of poker face and alejandro roberto fernando I don't have any problem.

I think it's them eating popcorn while watching the release date and GaGa rumors fly. I could be wrong but that's my guess.

Top Bottom