Censored versions of the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Censored versions of the game

Hi there does anyone here know if the Australian release of The Witcher 3 will be censored or toned down in anyway? I heard some regions were getting a toned down version Less explicit mature themes and less gory decapitations does this apply to Australia. Thanks in advance for the info

Thanks heaps for the reply. Hitting myself for not thinking to look it up on the site. Thanks again though

Middle East Gore Downgrade?! (please official word)

i read that middle east version of the game they going to have Gore reduced.
Since i Pre Ordered the game im worried. because i live in the region.
so i have some questions;

1) Do this apply Only to physical copies of the game Or also to Digital (Steam) versions?

2) Can i change the amount of Gore in the game? or its removed completely?

3) also do other things changed in the middle east version like nudity and such beside Gore?

4) if i live in the middle east is there a way to get the game (digital) without all of the above downgrades?

Thanks.

(here is the link to the post http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...kup-and-more-new-screenshot-shows-a-strumpet/ )

Last edited:
IGN wrote about this a while back.

Besides just the translation of all the game elements, there’s a huge aspect of bringing this game into the Arab World that goes into the localisation process and this involves censorship. Generally, any game that is to be released in the Arab World has to pass the approval of the Media Council. They take a close look at the game and decides if it violates any moralities, religious inclinations, values, social constructs, etc. Basically they are seeing if the game aligns with the culture or not. If any games doesn’t, it gets banned.

The Witcher has long been notorious for strong sexual, alcoholic, and violent themes. There are a few changes the game has to make in order to pass the Media Council’s approval. Going by two videos that we have seen shown at E3 and TGXpo in Riyadh and IGN Convention Dubai 2014, we have noticed that certain adaptations have been made to clothe up naked women and decrease the amount of blood shed in battles. Even though we haven’t received confirmation, but we also speculate that certain scenes will be deleted and the dialogue itself will be toned down whenever it references drink, sex, or cursing.

http://me.ign.com/en/the-witcher-3/103946/news/how-cdpr-localised-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt

Quoting Some other guy:
""
In regards to toning down gore for the Middle East version

"It's been toned down. There's less gore when decapitating or slicing someone in half."

lol why even bother. You would think the act of slicing a person in half is more graphic than a little blood splatter.. ""

Oh and thanks for the info but you didn't answer my questions. (and i don't live in an Arab country, just in the middle east region)

Different countries have different policies regarding content like sex, violence, drugs and so on, so if CDPR wants to sell the game in those countries, they have to adhere to those requirements.

Possible solution is to order the game from a different country.

Quoting Some other guy:
""
In regards to toning down gore for the Middle East version

"It's been toned down. There's less gore when decapitating or slicing someone in half."

lol why even bother. You would think the act of slicing a person in half is more graphic than a little blood splatter.. ""

Oh and thanks for the info but you didn't answer my questions. (and i don't live in an Arab country, just in the middle east region)

Reading that I would guess the answer to your questions is: 1. Both. 2. No. 3. Yes. 4. I dont know, probably.

Generally, when a game is censored for a particular region that applies to retail and digital copies, the games also don't have toggles to restore the offending parts. I bet you can use some type of vpn to purchase from a different region, but I doubt CDPR can give you any official advice on that.

how do i do that?. and please Stop defending the game i am not attacking it i just want to know how to get the game without the downgrade.

It's not like I'm defending it, it's just how things are.

Depending on which version you want physical or digital, there are various ways to go about it.
For physical just order it from another country, for digital you might have to create account with a different region or use a VPN to buy it from another country's digital store.

There are options, but like stated above, you probably won't get official tips from CDPR on how to get around this.

i think its fair for Cd Projekt to State which Countries there are Allot of countries in the middle east, they could show a list.

oh and since the game isn't region locked on GoG could buying it from there help?

Last edited:
i just want to know how to get the game without the downgrade.
Order the game from a digital store. You might have to use vpn.

---------- Updated at 03:41 PM ----------

i think its fair for Cd Projekt to State which Countries there are Allot of countries in the middle east, they could show a list.

oh and since the game isn't region locked on GoG could buying it from there help?
I think that's a question whoever is distributing the game in the region can more easily answer. If you have bought the game from GOG, you could try contacting customer support. I don't think CDPR has very much to do with distribution other than through GoG

it seems that no body cares about this. why not just State which countries got censored version, JUST POST A LIST please.

it seems that no body cares about this. why not just State which countries got censored version, JUST POST A LIST please.
Because CDPR needs to contact the publishers/distributors to different regions. They don't control everything. It would be useful to know which version of the game you bought.

Considering they have a separate version of the game for just Israel, I don't think the ME censoring will have an effect on Israel version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom