Censored versions of the game

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Censored version and Middle-East

Is it Turkey part of it? Because this kind of things not happening here in Turkey, but a misunderstanding can be happen. Are we'll be playing censored version or not? I hope everthings is cool, I also bought the game on Steam and some people says Steam version is also censored. Please Marcin come here and say big "NO".

Pre-loading in the middle-east

Concerning the censored version, I purchased the witcher 3 when I was in europe but now I am on vacation in Dubai and I pre dowloaded it there. Will I get the censored version as I heard censored versions are in the middle east. Can someone clarify? Using steam by the way (unfortunately).
Thanks in advanced

I've no idea, but it's possible, especially if you connected to local servers. I'm moving this to the censorship thread - maybe someone else in the ME would know?

If it IS a problem, you may want to delete local content and re-download when you get home.

I've no idea, but it's possible, especially if you connected to local servers. I'm moving this to the censorship thread - maybe someone else in the ME would know?

If it IS a problem, you may want to delete local content and re-download when you get home.

I see. I thought of that as well. How would I know if it's censored? Would I have to progress through the game or is there another way?

I'll also wait for a dev to answer ;)

Last edited:
Censored Version

Hi all;

I am interested in knowing EXACTLY what elements of the game are censored in some regions, asides from nudity?

or let me simply put; what elements of GORE have been censored? & Does the game offer to re-enable gore?

I want to buy this game for PS4. Just not sure if censored version is for me. I am ok with nudity being censored but taking away gore takes away fun.

i guess in germany they senscored all blod and sex and since you cant kill humans in german fps games i assume they changed out all killable npc humans with robots like they did in Half Life 1. thats one of the good reasons i never wanna move back there =D.

but to be honnest i think its mostly blood and gore stuff thats sensored i think

Hi all;

I am interested in knowing EXACTLY what elements of the game are censored in some regions, asides from nudity?

or let me simply put; what elements of GORE have been censored? & Does the game offer to re-enable gore?

I want to buy this game for PS4. Just not sure if censored version is for me. I am ok with nudity being censored but taking away gore takes away fun.

I've merged this with the existing thread which gives more info.
Details of the countries in which it's censored here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-of-the-game?p=1633929&viewfull=1#post1633929

And it isn't censored in Germany.

i guess in germany they senscored all blod and sex and since you cant kill humans in german fps games i assume they changed out all killable npc humans with robots like they did in Half Life 1. thats one of the good reasons i never wanna move back there =D.

but to be honnest i think its mostly blood and gore stuff thats sensored i think

The German version is completely uncensored.

Edit: ninja'd

well thats good =) and i was just joking with the german version =P . tho they are soo god blaming all on computer games everytime somthing happent it would not suprise me if they would have forced a sensored version :S ....

United Arab Emirates, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon

And I would not really call it a censored version :) Yes we had to cover the frontal nudity, and turndown some gore, but this is not what the game is about. The Arabic translation is high quality so we would like for the Arab Gamers to try it out.

Nobody replied to me yet :sweat:
I purchased the witcher 3 when I was in europe but now I am on vacation in Dubai and I pre dowloaded it there. Will I get the censored version as I heard censored versions are in the middle east. Can someone clarify? I am using steam by the way (unfortunately).

Nobody replied to me yet :sweat:
I purchased the witcher 3 when I was in europe but now I am on vacation in Dubai and I pre dowloaded it there. Will I get the censored version as I heard censored versions are in the middle east. Can someone clarify? I am using steam by the way (unfortunately).

Bro, you are in mideast. What do you think? As i know, retails censored, Gog not. But i don't know about steam.

Last edited:
Bro, you are in mideast. What do you think? As i know, retails censored, Gog not. But i don't know about steam.

yeah but my point is does it matter where I pre-download it, I already purchased it in europe. and not buy it as dvd from a store

censorship

hello there , one stupit question please, i heard abotu the middle easy censorship , i got a 970 gtx and got the code for the game (from plasio in greece) and redeemed the code in gog - selected greece in the country option so the version i got is the uncensored?

thanks in advance ,

(( also 50 euro for this game seems low .. xd defenately im buiying the expansions too cdproject you did a tremendous work, but leting clueless reviewers that havent read the books and played the previous games , to be able to review the game io 2 weeks and play one of the 3 main story brances and giveing the game ratings of 8.5 and 9 is so bad..))

hello there , one stupit question please, i heard abotu the middle easy censorship , i got a 970 gtx and got the code for the game (from plasio in greece) and redeemed the code in gog - selected greece in the country option so the version i got is the uncensored?

thanks in advance ,

(( also 50 euro for this game seems low .. xd defenately im buiying the expansions too cdproject you did a tremendous work, but leting clueless reviewers that havent read the books and played the previous games , to be able to review the game io 2 weeks and play one of the 3 main story brances and giveing the game ratings of 8.5 and 9 is so bad..))

The only place where the game is censored is in UAE (arab countries). The digital version is uncensored iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom